Can someone essplain J Jones passin on Carr, Bridgeport and Manziel?

Dallas is not strapped for cash but they don't have a lot of room on the salary cap. That is why they couldn't resign some of the stars on defense. I was hoping that they would take a qb in the 3rd or 4th round but it seems Jones is happy with the qb situation.

Dallas has a 34 yo QB with a bad back.

So does Dallas GM and top scout J Jones pick up one of several gems available at 16th?

No, the dude picks up a back up to his starting lineman, wtf?

Can someone please explain this?

Is Dallas suddenly out of cash? I would have traded some folks to get room under the cap to have a franchise qb in the wings as understudy to a good but aged qb like Romo.

Is JJ senile?

Is JJ faking himself out with fake talk about drafting someone he needs and he bought his own bullshit?

Nothing is adding up, but I am just a neophyte rube compared to some of you football experts, so can someone help me out here and essplain why J Jones isn't either stupid, senile, insane or a combination of the three?

There were no franchise caliber QBs in this years draft.

So does Dallas GM and top scout J Jones pick up one of several gems available at 16th?

Is Dallas suddenly out of cash? I would have traded some folks to get room under the cap to have a franchise qb in the wings as understudy to a good but aged qb like Romo.

Is JJ senile?

Is JJ faking himself out with fake talk about drafting someone he needs and he bought his own bullshit?

Nothing is adding up, but I am just a neophyte rube compared to some of you football experts, so can someone help me out here and essplain why J Jones isn't either stupid, senile, insane or a combination of the three?

Jones is a football genius, just ask him. The proof of his genius as a GM is all the playoff games and Super Bowl trophies they have won since he fired everyone who disagreed with him.

I would think most Cowboys fans would be happy that Jones didn't go for the flashy pick as he has time and again in the past.

And I hope he never goes down for the final count as I'm one of the biggest Romo fans in the world!

How many playoff games has Romo won again? He has been the starter since 2006, he must have quite a few by now.

Is JJ senile?

That's odd and totally opposite of what I have read. You think Carr, Manziel, Bridgewater ad all are not franchise QBs?

This guy seems to have liked them.

By franchise QB I mean the guys could start on most teams in the first year if need be. Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater I am reading are that category.

Why do you say different?

Is JJ senile?

Jones is a football genius, just ask him. The proof of his genius as a GM is all the playoff games and Super Bowl trophies they have won since he fired everyone who disagreed with him.

Yeah, JJ's only fault is that he is too damned modest.

Is JJ senile?

Yeah I was going to say arrogant but i think its a combination of arrogant and senile.He is too arrogant to admit he made a mistake with Romo,too stupi and arrogant to admit he made a mistake making him the starter years ago,so arrogant he wants to live in denial romo can get them to the big dance while senial as well:lol:

Is JJ senile?

That's odd and totally opposite of what I have read. You think Carr, Manziel, Bridgewater ad all are not franchise QBs?

This guy seems to have liked them.

By franchise QB I mean the guys could start on most teams in the first year if need be. Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater I am reading are that category.

Why do you say different?

The class of 2012 had two FRANCHISE QBs that made headlines that being Robbythreegees and Lucky Luck. Both of these QBs were highly sought after and teams sold the farm in contracts and draft choices to land them. They were at the very top of the draft in selections. Luck guided his team to two playoffs.. RGIII went to the playoffs in his first year before his devastating injury that he hasn't seemed to fully recover from but talent certainly what has held him back.

Then there was pick #75 in the third round a Mr Russell Wilson who has proved by his performance on the field to be a franchise QB. Wilson has won more games in his first two years than any QB in history plus his personal stats are as good in two years as have ever have been. Oh ya BTW.. Wilson brough home a Lombardi.

Lastly but certainly not least is Nick Knowles. He came on last year and threw the ball lights out in one of the more remarkable sophmore year performances in NFL history.

Johnnie Football didn't lead A & M to any championships. In his brief college career he made some interesting plays but also made a fair amount of bonehead plays. The teams in need of a quality QB passed on him until #22. #3 Bortles, #32 Bridgewater wouldn't have been taken in the first round in 2012.

Last edited:
[MENTION=32813]JimBowie1958[/MENTION] [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]

Jerry Jones Not Ruling Out Someday Trading Way Too Much for Johnny Manziel

:laugh:

:lol:

The problem with JJ is that you cant ever really tell if he is being spoofed or not. The man is so arrogant and incompetent at the same time, one reinforces the other into a downward spiral of absurdity and finally ending in a singularity of ludicrousness.

Every time I see that mans pic I want to spit...anywhere, just to spit the bad taste in my mouth from being reminded who he is and what he has done to a team I once loved.

The problem with JJ is that you cant ever really tell if he is being spoofed or not. The man is so arrogant and incompetent at the same time, one reinforces the other into a downward spiral of absurdity and finally ending in a singularity of ludicrousness.

Every time I see that mans pic I want to spit...anywhere, just to spit the bad taste in my mouth from being reminded who he is and what he has done to a team I once loved.

Speaking of the Cowgirls...

Tony Romo has played in 4 playoff games in eleven seasons and won ONE of those games.

It amazes me how Texas football fans elevate their team's QBs to the status of LEGENDARY without ever having done a damned thing. :lol:

Tony Romo has played in 4 playoff games in eleven seasons and won ONE of those games.

It amazes me how Texas football fans elevate their team's QBs to the status of LEGENDARY without ever having done a damned thing. :lol:

lol, a very broad sweeping generalization that obviously ignores the many Cowboy fans who do not like Romo and the greater number of Texan fans who are not Cowboy fans in the first place.

I think Romo a decent enough QB, but he is too old to be the sole good QB on the roster and a very good backup should now be on the bench as an understudy and eventual successor.

lol, a very broad sweeping generalization that obviously ignores the many Cowboy fans who do not like Romo and the greater number of Texan fans who are not Cowboy fans in the first place.

I think Romo a decent enough QB, but he is too old to be the sole good QB on the roster and a very good backup should now be on the bench as an understudy and eventual successor.

Ya... probably. :lol:

I was tying in Romo and Johnnie Football. But then you toss in Schaub, the Texan's QB from last season, and there IS a pattern. Your note about having a really good backup might have been the difference for Houston last season. If the Texans had someone to go to last year their season may have not been the disaster it turned into. That team was too good to let one guy sink their ship.

Forum List

Back