Can Science Ever Prove One Way Or Another Whether Or Not People Are Born Gay?

Why? I know many left wingers that have views that are unconstitutional, you have views that are unconstitutional and that is fine by me. Opinions are fine, trying to control thoughts is also unconstitutional.
Well it's why you lost the issue. It's why us liberals finally came around and said yes, gays should be allowed to marry too. Remember Obama said marriage was between a man and woman too when he ran for president. So some thing are popular but unconstitutional. Perfect example is not letting gays marry.

Here's a good one. Is it unconstitutional to force a cake maker to make a gay wedding cake or is it unconstitutional for the cake maker to not make a gay a cake? I tend to agree with you guys. If the business owner doesn't want the business, they should have the freedom to say I'm not accepting this job.

It's also unconstitutional for you to not sell blacks homes in your neighborhoods. But you think you should have the "right" or "freedom" to discriminate. Right?

The right of marriage that we want gays to have has nothing to do with love. It has to do with all the financial benefits that come with it. Sharing social security, tax breaks, death benefits, probate, life insurance.

So what you are doing is thinking with your heart not your brain.
That is what marriage is about two people who love each other, it was only in the 40’s when the government started doling out benefits did finance ever enter the picture. So yes, my heart is involved and it always be and that has led to me marrying and having a life long companion and a best friend for 43 years.

I’ll take a lifetime companion and commitment over finances any day. Money is not as important to me, that would be a cold and lonely without my best friend.

That is what marriage is about two people who love each other, it was only in the 40’s when the government started doling out benefits did finance ever enter the picture. So yes, my heart is involved and it always be and that has led to me marrying and having a life long companion and a best friend for 43 years.

I’ll take a lifetime companion and commitment over finances any day. Money is not as important to me, that would be a cold and lonely without my best friend.
Nobody gives a fuck about two people loving each other. Dude, do you know human history? How men married women they'd never met before? Or paid dowry's to basically buy their brides?

Do you know that 50% of married people don't love each other and/or cheat on each other?

Marriage, in the eyes of the law, has nothing to do with "do you love each other". Is that a question they ask on their tax returns? IDK because I've never been married so I've never answered anything other than NO when it asks if I'm married.

If it was just about loving each other, why bother getting married? You can love each other without being married. So it's not a necessary legal contract. There must be benefits to having that marriage certificate. And gays should have those benefits too. Like one of them works and they both get health coverage through his insurance. I remember in the 2000's CONS like you argued they would raise our costs because they have dangerous butt sex. Did that ever come true?

Well it's why you lost the issue. It's why us liberals finally came around and said yes, gays should be allowed to marry too. Remember Obama said marriage was between a man and woman too when he ran for president. So some thing are popular but unconstitutional. Perfect example is not letting gays marry.

Here's a good one. Is it unconstitutional to force a cake maker to make a gay wedding cake or is it unconstitutional for the cake maker to not make a gay a cake? I tend to agree with you guys. If the business owner doesn't want the business, they should have the freedom to say I'm not accepting this job.

It's also unconstitutional for you to not sell blacks homes in your neighborhoods. But you think you should have the "right" or "freedom" to discriminate. Right?
I didn’t lose any issue, again, go marry your boyfriend it isn’t my business, how many times do you need to be told?

As far as wedding cakes, if you are in business and there is a public accommodation laws, then yes, you must make the cake.

You can’t discriminate in housing and I am all for that.

The right to an abortion is unconstitutional, and you just need to realize that.

I'm asking this question because atheists on here repeatedly use the excuse that since they don't believe in the Bible that they just jump to the conclusion that people are either born gay or straight especially since being gay has its hardships.

So far, I don't see any arguments in the world of science proving this one way or the other. Am I missing something? Btw, this isn't meant to be a gay bashing thread, so please don't make it one. Just looking for answers here to this ages old debate about a possible gay gene.
There is no such thing as a gay gene.

Nobody gives a fuck about two people loving each other. Dude, do you know human history? How men married women they'd never met before? Or paid dowry's to basically buy their brides?

Do you know that 50% of married people don't love each other and/or cheat on each other?

Marriage, in the eyes of the law, has nothing to do with "do you love each other". Is that a question they ask on their tax returns? IDK because I've never been married so I've never answered anything other than NO when it asks if I'm married.

If it was just about loving each other, why bother getting married? You can love each other without being married. So it's not a necessary legal contract. There must be benefits to having that marriage certificate. And gays should have those benefits too. Like one of them works and they both get health coverage through his insurance. I remember in the 2000's CONS like you argued they would raise our costs because they have dangerous butt sex. Did that ever come true?

I know several couples that care about love. That is my only point, I don’t care what other people say or do or think. I am older than you and my life is great and I am happy, that works for me.

You wanting money over love and kids is also fine, it works for you. I’m not in to going home to a cold house with no one to share my life with. It works for you.

I don’t care who or what you marry or don’t get married, or your reasons to marry, why do you care if I marry for love and not finances?

We married because we wanted to bond with each other and have God in our marriage and life, so we got married for different reasons, that you disagree with that is fine but it is none of your business.

I didn’t lose any issue, again, go marry your boyfriend it isn’t my business, how many times do you need to be told?

As far as wedding cakes, if you are in business and there is a public accommodation laws, then yes, you must make the cake.

You can’t discriminate in housing and I am all for that.

The right to an abortion is unconstitutional, and you just need to realize that.
There it is. I always wondered what social wedge issues made you a con.

Abortion should NEVER be mentioned in politics. EVER. It should be unconstitutional for politicians to discuss it. Just like I have privacy with my doctor. Abortion should be between me, my doctor and god who doesn't exist.

I know several couples that care about love. That is my only point, I don’t care what other people say or do or think. I am older than you and my life is great and I am happy, that works for me.

You wanting money over love and kids is also fine, it works for you. I’m not in to going home to a cold house with no one to share my life with. It works for you.

I don’t care who or what you marry or don’t get married, or your reasons to marry, why do you care if I marry for love and not finances?

We married because we wanted to bond with each other and have God in our marriage and life, so we got married for different reasons, that you disagree with that is fine but it is none of your business.
You can't be happy if you are looking to deny others of the same benefits and rights you enjoy. And saying I don't care doesn't cut it. You don't care what other people say? You sound like a Trump dictator.

I love my dog. Almost as much as a child. I also love my nephews. I also love my neighbors and friends. I just don't want anyone living with me. I enjoy watching whatever I want at night. Being a slob. And not having to go to the inlaws on Saturday.

Yes I do wish I would find the love of my life. Who wouldn't. But until I find her, I'm happily single. I won't settle like your wife did. LOL.

There it is. I always wondered what social wedge issues made you a con.

Abortion should NEVER be mentioned in politics. EVER. It should be unconstitutional for politicians to discuss it. Just like I have privacy with my doctor. Abortion should be between me, my doctor and god who doesn't exist.
There what is, you told me that I had to realize that my view was unconstitutional and I simply pointed out that you need to realize that your view of abortion is unconstitutional. Why do I need to realize my view is unconstitutional and you make excuses for your view?

You have double standards and thanks for showing it.

You can't be happy if you are looking to deny others of the same benefits and rights you enjoy. And saying I don't care doesn't cut it. You don't care what other people say? You sound like a Trump dictator.

I love my dog. Almost as much as a child. I also love my nephews. I also love my neighbors and friends. I just don't want anyone living with me. I enjoy watching whatever I want at night. Being a slob. And not having to go to the inlaws on Saturday.

Yes I do wish I would find the love of my life. Who wouldn't. But until I find her, I'm happily single. I won't settle like your wife did. LOL.
Where have I said I want to deny anyone a right, you make stupid generalizations then you judge and even after telling you my views you insist in making comments that ignores my views.

Unless you get better reading comprehension this is a pointless conversation. It’s like I’m talking to a bad stupid salesman that doesn’t listen.

There what is, you told me that I had to realize that my view was unconstitutional and I simply pointed out that you need to realize that your view of abortion is unconstitutional. Why do I need to realize my view is unconstitutional and you make excuses for your view?

You have double standards and thanks for showing it.
How is my view on abortion unconstitutional? I say it's between the doctor and parents. Constitution says nothing about abortion. Oh, you mean the part about life liberty etc? Too bad that's just a fetus and not an American citizens. If you can show me the fetus' American birth certificate.

I think hemroids are sent by god. It should be illegal to get rid of them.

look, i may be a bit homophobic at the moment, with gay pride movement sticking their dirty fingers into girls' locker rooms and the education of the youngest of kids, but that does not mean i'm anti-gay.

that sounds like a paradox, i know.
let this clarify it :
i'll support any gay person who is fighting for his/her adolescent/adult rights, for as far as the traditional role of their parents doesn't grant those a final say in matters relating to their (gay) child.
and for as long as they don't flirt with me! ;)
gays really gotta learn it's better to stay "in the closet" in the home of a straight person... too many personal displays of affection, are among the current gay pride movement's problems! (too long of a gay pride holiday each summer is as well! :p )
Not wanting people to be in your face with something or objecting to vulgar, crude, lewd displays that some think they are entitled to foist upon the public has nothing to do with homophobia. It has everything to do with common sense and a sense of decency, right and wrong, propriety, whatever.

None of the gay people in my life would do or would condone let alone defend such behavior from gay people or anybody else.

But I still maintain that at least the vast majority of gay people do not choose to be gay. They just are. And I don't think they should have to have to be ashamed or condemned for it.

How is my view on abortion unconstitutional? I say it's between the doctor and parents. Constitution says nothing about abortion. Oh, you mean the part about life liberty etc? Too bad that's just a fetus and not an American citizens. If you can show me the fetus' American birth certificate.

I think hemroids are sent by god. It should be illegal to get rid of them.
I do think government should be involved in marriage, the definition of marriage has nothing to do with government and exsited long before government.

Your ignorance on abortion is noted.

I do think government should be involved in marriage, the definition of marriage has nothing to do with government and exsited long before government.

Your ignorance on abortion is noted.

Government is only involved because of death benefits, inheritance, healthcare, legal stuff.

It's a contract. Taxes are involved. Sorry if you don't like it.

Why didn't you and your wife just get married in the woods and not file down at city hall? Why did you file your marriage certificate at City Hall??? If you don't want government to be involved you didn't have to get LEGALLY married.

Legal, law, government.

Government is only involved because of death benefits, inheritance, healthcare, legal stuff.

It's a contract. Taxes are involved. Sorry if you don't like it.

Why didn't you and your wife just get married in the woods and not file down at city hall? Why did you file your marriage certificate at City Hall??? If you don't want government to be involved you didn't have to get LEGALLY married.

Legal, law, government.
It shouldn’t be, just like abortion but you like to cherry pick. I’m consistent you aren’t.

It shouldn’t be, just like abortion but you like to cherry pick. I’m consistent you aren’t.
I would LOVE to only marry a woman spiritually and not legally. Perhaps I would have gotten married if that was the case. One of my biggest fears is losing half my shit. So any woman I ever looked at and thought "I could see myself married to her" either

a. Didn't have any $
b. Had their own money and didn't want me

Nothing I can do about b. In fact, this is why so many fewer young women today are getting married. They don't need to. How many of our grandmothers got married for love? Very few. Most of my greek immigrant old relatives had arranged marriages.

My parents actually got married because they were in love. I don't think either of my grandparents did.

Forum List

Back