Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

Why don't you humor me and tell me? You know, prove to everyone just how brilliant you are.
I’m having more fun listening to you nurse your feeble mental processes back to good health. Keep thinking. The blood will eventually flow back in and you’ll regain consciousness. Hilarious. Where do you live….any electricity ?

I’m having more fun listening to you nurse your feeble mental processes back to good health. Keep thinking. The blood will eventually flow back in and you’ll regain consciousness. Hilarious. Where do you live….any electricity ?
So you have nothing.

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
You are absolutely, 100% right! You hit the nail on the head with this subject. I'm not a gun guy. But I do have two words for people who disagree with you.... Ruby Ridge.

You are absolutely, 100% right! You hit the nail on the head with this subject. I'm not a gun guy. But I do have two words for people who disagree with you.... Ruby Ridge.
And I’ll give you one more word showing that it doesn’t end well for anyone including the heavily armed gun nuts bent on defying the government.
Waco.

you are once again saying the SC can decide whatever it likes. It can totally ignore the Constitution.
So, you and Trump are the only ones smart enough to know the constitution. It must be lonely at the top.. .

Wrong, weapons were used!
You need to read what I responded to in your response. That they were unarmed. 🤭
”The jan 6 people were unarmed.”
Im saying, not according to the police. In other words, some were armed.

You really don’t get it do you ? The Govt decides who can posses firearms everywhere in the United States. Private business only limit free speech and firearm restrictions because it’s backed by THE GOVERNMENT. Private business don’t enforce regulating firearms on their property. The local police does. Why ? Because the SC in their interpretation of the constitution allows it EVERYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES.

EVEN THE POLICE IF NOT ON DUTY IN AREN’T ALLOWED TO LEGALLY CARRY FIRE ARMS IN SCHOOLS, ON some PUBLIC PROPERTY etc. Stop trying to pretend we don’t regulate your rights EVERYWHERE ALREADY.
HOw oblivious can you deniers be. Moving the bar again ?
There must be a reason why you're so fucking dumb.

You do know it’s sign mental illness to run around saying everyone else is wrong all time but you. You are one strange dude.
Been reading down the thread. You've inadvertently described yourself.

But you're a gun nut, so the shite you blurt and believe in is immense.

Who the fuck do you think you're fooling? If you had an answer, you'd post it immediately to prove to us all just how intelligent you are.
Well, you obviously don’t know. I’ll give you a hint, tomorrow. It’s hilarious that a federal agency that is responsible for regulating your freedom of speech rights, and you guys who claim to know everything, don’t even know what the agency is.

Yup
And then leave both countries in DEFEAT with our tails between our legs after seeing thousands of our own soldiers maimed and killed in wars we misused our technology.
You summed it up nicely. It bothers the hell out of that we have been sending our youth all over the world to get “maimed and killed“so the Military Industrial Complex can show a profit.

That is one reason I liked Trump as President and probably one of the main reasons the Swamp hated him. Trump did not start wars in far off places for little or no reason.

We will be lucky if the demented old fool in office right now doesn’t manage to get us into a full out nuclear war with Russia that will put us back in the Stone Age.

You summed it up nicely. It bothers the hell out of that we have been sending our youth all over the world to get “maimed and killed” so the Military Industrial Complex can show a profit.

That is one reason I liked Trump as President and probably one of the main reasons the Swamp hates him. Trump did not start wars in far off places for little or no reason.

Forum List

Back