can anyone tape today's Congress hearing on Immigration and Rule of Law:

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Scheduled for 3 PM but not sure what time zone.
My friend Ray Tranchant is speaking before Congress.
Can someone please help me tape this live off CSPAN today:

Oversight Hearing on: "U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: Priorities and the Rule of Law"

Oversight Hearing on: "U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: Priorities and the Rule of Law"

Wednesday 10/12/2011 - 3:00 p.m.

2141 Rayburn House Office Building

Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement

By Direction of the Chairman

Witness List

Panel I

John Morton
Director
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Panel II

Mr, Chris Crane
President
National ICE Council

Mr. David B. Rivkin, Jr.
Partner
Baker & Hostetler, LLP
Washington, DC

Mr. Ray Tranchant*
Director
Advanced Technology Center
Tidewater Community College

Mr. Paul Virtue
Partner
Baker & McKenzie LLP

=============================
*His comments and also Sheila Jackson Lee (so I can
write a letter to fellow Democrats and Christians
to unite around solutions to these issues that will create jobs
and facilities for veterans in border communities)

Ray is connecting with Republicans for reform such as Kris Kobach.
I am trying to connect with fellow Democrats and progressive liberals
on solutions from that side, and also my Republican friend Vern Wuensche
running for office on a business solutions platform. I am more concerned with cost-effective unifying solutions, instead of wasting resources financing political warfare.

Shows he was tellin' the truth all along...
:cool:
Union President Gives Congress Emails Backing Testimony: ICE Ordered Agents Not to Arrest Illegals
November 8, 2011 - Chris Crane, president of the union that represents the nation’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers, has provided the House Judiciary Committee and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) with what Crane says are internal ICE emails that back up testimony he gave in July and October that ICE headquarters had verbally ordered officers in the field not to arrest illegal aliens who did not have prior criminal convictions--even if they were fugitives evading deportation orders or were individuals who had illegally re-entered the United States after being deported and were thus committing a felony.
“Increasingly, ICE headquarters leadership refuses to put directives to supervisors, agents and officers in the field regarding law enforcement operations in writing,” Crane told the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration in written testimony submitted on July 26. “Orders and directives are given orally to prevent the activities of ICE's leadership from becoming public,” Crane, president of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council 118, testified. “Agents and officers in the field are frequently under orders not to arrest persons suspected of being in the United States illegally.

“At times those no-arrest orders include ICE fugitives, who have been ordered deported by an immigration judge, as well as individuals who have reentered the U.S. following deportation which is a federal felony,” Crane testified. “Agents and officers report that they are ordered not to run criminal or immigration background checks or even speak to individuals whom they reasonably suspect are in the U.S. illegally.” “These directives prevent officers and agents from enforcing U.S. immigration laws and prevent the apprehension of fugitives, felons and other individuals who may present a threat to public safety,” said Crane. “Situations in which officers and agents are ordered not to run criminal background checks or speak to individuals create an especially high risk to public safety as agents may unknowingly walk away from individuals who pose a public threat.”

When Crane returned to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration on Oct. 12, he repeated his testimony that ICE agents had been ordered not to arrest some illegal aliens. “Aliens who could not be arrested included but were not limited to ICE fugitives that had been ordered deported by a federal immigration judge as well as aliens who had illegally re-entered the United States after deportation, a federal felony,” Crane told the subcommittee. “ICE officers and agents also alleged that they were not permitted to arrest or even speak to confirmed or suspected illegal aliens encountered in the field during operations and were prohibited from running standard criminal record checks for wants and warrants,” said Crane, who also serves as an active-duty ICE officer.

Crane testified in October that House Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) had allowed the union to “bring officers forward as witnesses” and “to turn over several internal ICE documents” backing up his previous testimony. “I would like to thank Chairman Smith and his staff for working with the union regarding this matter after the July 25 hearing,” Crane testified. “Chairman Smith provided us with the opportunity to bring officers forward as witnesses. We were also able to turn over several internal ICE documents which appear to not only verify that these activities did in fact take place, but also named several senior level ICE managers allegedly involved in issuing the directives nationwide.”

MORE

New Topics

Forum List

Back