Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

Why are you inclined to LIE about what's been said then? In principle, trade agreements are a good thing. IF they don't become a tool for Economic Imperialism or regional internal reforms that have NOTHING to do with exchanging goods..

The whole mysterious TPP is a provocation of China. Which is the TARGET of TPP. They were locked out on purpose. And THAT'S why it can't be made public. Gary SHOULD have better instincts than to rely on 2 or 3 people who have advised him on it. Especially since the ONLY folks who KNOW what's in it -- are current govt and Admin members. But all he's said has been that "based on what he's been told, he'd be inclined to support it. But will RESERVE JUDGEMENT until he sees the details."...

Never said --- he'd sign it. Quit lying.. Just because you're an annoying anarchist who doesn't give a fuck about whether ANYTHING ever gets done right or at all.
Not going to believe your own lying eyes and ears @ 0:50, huh?

GARY JOHNSON SAYS: "I WOULD SIGN THE TPP" » REGATED

He said he is a skeptic but, based on what he knows, he'd sign it. In other words, he would need to see what's in it (the devil is in the details, as he said).
Based upon what he knows from second hand information. Real libertarian.

There's a LOT folks getting paid to be talking heads on TV that have never seen a SINGLE PAGE of TPP --- and yet they are FAR more convinced than Johnson is. Too many people bluffing their way thru that issue.

Any agreement that needs to be read in a secure facility --- SHOULD be a red flag. But I'll imagine that there might be stock trading and investment reasons to not release details before it gathers a solid up or down consensus.

My hope is -- it will go public for REAL assessment months ahead of a Congressional vote. And if it's not signed by Obama -- it's chances of being implemented AS IS are probably Zero. Even with Johnson in office.

There's a LOT folks getting paid to be talking heads on TV that have never seen a SINGLE PAGE of TPP --- and yet they are FAR more convinced than Johnson is. Too many people bluffing their way thru that issue.

Any agreement that needs to be read in a secure facility --- SHOULD be a red flag. But I'll imagine that there might be stock trading and investment reasons to not release details before it gathers a solid up or down consensus.

My hope is -- it will go public for REAL assessment months ahead of a Congressional vote. And if it's not signed by Obama -- it's chances of being implemented AS IS are probably Zero. Even with Johnson in office.
I've been bait and switched far too many times to ever play hit and hope again.

I'll go with cynicism born of experience, over the off chance that Lucy might finally hold the football in place.

I'm trying to understand your dislike of his statements. He said that based on what he knows he'd sign it. That doesn't mean he'd sign it, just that he would based on what he knows. When he also says that he is a skeptic, it seems to me he's saying that he would need to get more detailed information before actually signing it. How is that even related to libertarianism or any political philosophy? I could paraphrase it like this, "I've heard it is a good deal, but I'd need to see it myself to be sure".
What he "knows" is from a second hand source. Whether he trusts them or not is of no matter.

Even so, while free trade sounds good as a general principle -it's great to me- freedom doesn't come from a delivery truck full of documentation held in near total secrecy. Given the track record of NAFTA, GATT and the WTO, a libertarian default position would be to reject it outright until such a point in time as it sees the light of day.

The way Johnson is parsing and waffling here is worthy of the Clintons.

I get the pessimism, it just seems a bit silly to get upset that Johnson isn't taking a definitive position on a trade deal he hasn't seen yet. :dunno:

I've been bait and switched far too many times to ever play hit and hope again.

I'll go with cynicism born of experience, over the off chance that Lucy might finally hold the football in place.

Here's the deal. MOST legislation for the past 20 years is not fully written when passed. The freakin' ACA was a "fill in the blank" 1400 pages long. So is Dodd-Frank which is STILL not "fully implemented".

SOMEONE needs to stop signing blank legislation that the Minions of Morons in the bureaucracy get to fill in over the years AT THEIR LEISURE ---- and without accountability.

So "secret legislation" is bad --- but you need folks who will FORCE Congress and the Agencies to think things thru BEFORE it becomes law. Time for leadership that accurately GRADES legislation by what's ACTUALLY IN IT -- and not because of what they THINK will be in it.

Governor "No" has standards. You won't get that with Dems and Reps.

Here's the deal. MOST legislation for the past 20 years is not fully written when passed. The freakin' ACA was a "fill in the blank" 1400 pages long. So is Dodd-Frank which is STILL not "fully implemented".

SOMEONE needs to stop signing blank legislation that the Minions of Morons in the bureaucracy get to fill in over the years AT THEIR LEISURE ---- and without accountability.

So "secret legislation" is bad --- but you need folks who will FORCE Congress and the Agencies to think things thru BEFORE it becomes law. Time for leadership that accurately GRADES legislation by what's ACTUALLY IN IT -- and not because of what they THINK will be in it.

Governor "No" has standards. You won't get that with Dems and Reps.
OK.

Now tell me, would you be so laissez-faire in your attitude about this if he held basically the same attitude about a climate deal that was this immense and held in equal secrecy?

This appears to be a Jew-hating bigot arguing with a paranoid, anti-pot troll.

Card tossing bull is cowardly and factually false. Einstein summed it up quite well for us....

Albert Einstein letter
New York Times, December 4, 1948
redblueline.gif

Albert Eistein's Letter to New York Times Dec. 4, 1948 - New Palestine Party - link

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:
New Palestine Party Visit of Menachem Begin and Aims of Political Movement Discussed
Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the "Freedom Party" (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.
The current visit of Menachem Begin, leader of this party, to the United States is obviously calculated to give the impression of American support for his party in the coming Israeli elections, and to cement political ties with conservative Zionist elements in the United States. Several Americans of national repute have lent their names to welcome his visit. It is inconceivable that those who oppose fascism throughout the world, if correctly informed as to Mr. Beginâs political record and perspectives, could add their names and support to the movement he represents.
Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Beginâs behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement.
The public avowals of Beginâs party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state. It is in its actions that the terrorist party betrays its real character; from its past actions we can judge what it may be expected to do in the future.
Attack on Arab Village
A shocking example was their behavior in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. This village, off the main roads and surrounded by Jewish lands, had taken no part in the war, and had even fought off Arab bands who wanted to use the village as their base. On April 9 (THE NEW YORK TIMES), terrorist bands attacked this peaceful village, which was not a military objective in the fighting, killed most of its inhabitants÷240 men, women, and children÷and kept a few of them alive to parade as captives through the streets of Jerusalem. Most of the Jewish community was horrified at the deed, and the Jewish Agency sent a telegram of apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan. But the terrorists, far from being ashamed of their act, were proud of this massacre, publicized it widely, and invited all the foreign correspondents present in the country to view the heaped corpses and the general havoc at Deir Yassin.
The Deir Yassin incident exemplifies the character and actions of the Freedom Party.
Within the Jewish community they have preached an admixture of ultranationalism, religious mysticism, and racial superiority. Like other Fascist parties they have been used to break strikes, and have themselves pressed for the destruction of free trade unions. In their stead they have proposed corporate unions on the Italian Fascist model.
During the last years of sporadic anti-British violence, the IZL and Stern groups inaugurated a reign of terror in the Palestine Jewish community. Teachers were beaten up for speaking against them, adults were shot for not letting their children join them. By gangster methods, beatings, window-smashing, and wide-spread robberies, the terrorists intimidated the population and exacted a heavy tribute.
The people of the Freedom Party have had no part in the constructive achievements in Palestine. They have reclaimed no land, built no settlements, and only detracted from the Jewish defense activity. Their much-publicized immigration endeavors were minute, and devoted mainly to bringing in Fascist compatriots.
Discrepancies Seen
The discrepancies between the bold claims now being made by Begin and his party, and their record of past performance in Palestine bear the imprint of no ordinary political party. This is the unmistakable stamp of a Fascist party for whom terrorism (against Jews, Arabs, and British alike), and misrepresentation are means, and a "Leader State" is the goal.
In the light of the foregoing considerations, it is imperative that the truth about Mr. Begin and his movement be made known in this country. It is all the more tragic that the top leadership of American Zionism has refused to campaign against Beginâs efforts, or even to expose to its own constituents the dangers to Israel from support to Begin.
The undersigned therefore take this means of publicly presenting a few salient facts concerning Begin and his party; and of urging all concerned not to support this latest manifestation of fascism.
ISIDORE ABRAMOWITZ, HANNAH ARENDT, ABRAHAM BRICK, RABBI JESSURUN CARDOZO, ALBERT EINSTEIN, HERMAN EISEN, M.D., HAYIM FINEMAN, M. GALLEN, M.D., H.H. HARRIS, ZELIG S. HARRIS, SIDNEY HOOK, FRED KARUSH, BRURIA KAUFMAN, IRMA L. LINDHEIM, NACHMAN MAISEL, SEYMOUR MELMAN, MYER D. MENDELSON, M.D., HARRY M. OSLINSKY, SAMUEL PITLICK, FRITZ ROHRLICH, LOUIS P. ROCKER, RUTH SAGIS, ITZHAK SANKOWSKY, I.J. SHOENBERG, SAMUEL SHUMAN, M. SINGER, IRMA WOLFE, STEFAN WOLFE.
New York, Dec. 2, 1948

Thank you, Albert Einstein, for being the great American patriot you were, and for leaving us here today the above words of truth about Israel and their supporters.

My bet is -- total lifetime THC consumption of BH Obama is at least TWICE what Johnson's is.
And after suffering through a drug addict as president, you would do it AGAIN!

Wasn't once enough?

Was on my toes with fingers crossed "Tipsy" just hoping GW would stay sober in the WH. I can take it. .
He did as numerous medical exams testify. Johnson would "try " to stay straight. Why would anyone want a drug addict in the white house ? Schools do not dispense pot to the students hoping it will raise test scores.

Now Gary is a "drug addict"

LOL!!!

It is absolutely amazing to observe supporters of Donald and hillary question someone else's character.

The desperation and hate are hilarious.

Gary Johnson is by far the highest character candidate on the ballot. Since they cannot attack his record, his health, his intellect, or his character, they attack his headache medicine...

You should now "bother" to go monkey-wrench a few threads on candidates that are LIKELY "to win". Or get together with Onyx and plan the next anarchist street theater protest..

You're wasting your time in a thread on LParty politics. Go discuss whether Hillary is crooked or a bigot.
:banana:
Having been a member of the LP since Ron Paul through David Banarik, I have every insight into LP politics and every right to comment on them.

Today's LP is a pale imitation, if not an outright sellout to the current leviathan government.

THat's must be why we are ACTUALLY getting elected officials to move to the LP and gaining strength and membership. Because we are not a bunch of couch potato sports fans that just sit and gripe about dropped passes and pulled putts. Like YOU ---- for instance. :finger3:

You need a new home --- go find it..
That's right. You dopers sit around and debate which end of the fucking piece of red liquorice to eat first.

It is also obvious that the marijuana haters here are not well educated at all...

which makes sense, since intelligent Dems voted Bernie and intelligent Republicans quit the party in 2004...

LOL!!!

It is absolutely amazing to observe supporters of Donald and hillary question someone else's character.

Gary Johnson is by far the highest character candidate on the ballot. Since they cannot attack his record, his health, his intellect, or his character, they attack his headache medicine...
I watched Gary on The Five for the first time the other day.
He came across as a total fucking brain dead moron.
The things he was saying were right out of the mouth of a fucking twelve year old.
I suspect the asshole was 'high'.

LMFAO!!!

Is that what your preacher told you last Sunday....

Funny. With Hillary and Donald, we can post actual quotes proving how stupid and dishonest both are.

For Gary, no such quotes ever come forward, just endless hate from sub humans parroting lies they never bother to check in real life...

Why are you inclined to LIE about what's been said then? In principle, trade agreements are a good thing. IF they don't become a tool for Economic Imperialism or regional internal reforms that have NOTHING to do with exchanging goods..

The whole mysterious TPP is a provocation of China. Which is the TARGET of TPP. They were locked out on purpose. And THAT'S why it can't be made public. Gary SHOULD have better instincts than to rely on 2 or 3 people who have advised him on it. Especially since the ONLY folks who KNOW what's in it -- are current govt and Admin members. But all he's said has been that "based on what he's been told, he'd be inclined to support it. But will RESERVE JUDGEMENT until he sees the details."...

Never said --- he'd sign it. Quit lying.. Just because you're an annoying anarchist who doesn't give a fuck about whether ANYTHING ever gets done right or at all.
Not going to believe your own lying eyes and ears @ 0:50, huh?

GARY JOHNSON SAYS: "I WOULD SIGN THE TPP" » REGATED

He said he is a skeptic but, based on what he knows, he'd sign it. In other words, he would need to see what's in it (the devil is in the details, as he said).
Based upon what he knows from second hand information. Real libertarian.

The day Gary becomes President is the same day hell freezes over.
ANY fucking doper who thinks Gary has any chance is tripping.

Read the above, folks and fans. Hillary and Donald are both foul mouthed blowhards. Their staffs talk this way all the time. Elect one, and you'll have idiots like dannyboys in high places in government. Is that what you FUCKING want???!!!!

The things he was saying were right out of the mouth of a fucking twelve year old.

Define: irony.:lmao:

LOL!!!

Suspect! Of course he was high. No one acts like that if they aren't high. Just picture that in front of the Chinese or Russians.

Read the above, folks and fans. Hillary and Donald are both foul mouthed blowhards. Their staffs talk this way all the time. Elect one, and you'll have idiots like dannyboys in high places in government. Is that what you FUCKING want???!!!!
Rather than a drug addict that can't stay straight for 15 minutes. Yes.

Forum List

Back