Can anyone identify the animal this came from?

oh my god. were you interested in an answer instead of trying to get attention, you would take my advice. who the fuck shares a pic without scale. put a quarter next to it, or something, you lazy fuck.

oh my god. were you interested in an answer instead of trying to get attention, you would take my advice. who the fuck shares a pic without scale. put a quarter next to it, or something, you lazy fuck.

Oh fer fucks sake here!!
9278DC72-BAC3-4F38-92CB-3FB212DD0996.jpeg

I found this claw in my late teens or early 20's while cliff diving and swimming at Canyon Lake in the Texas Hill Country.
It was about 15 ft down on a ledge in around 100 ft of water. The only reason I found it was because a bunch of mexicans had accidently dumped their ice chest full of bottled beer trying to climb down the cliff,they were obviously rookies,the proper way is to tie a rope to your ice chest and have a buddy or two up top lower it while one or two others guide it down.
Anywho..they were bummed out and left. We sat there awhile and decided to try and dive down and see if we could get lucky and find it.
After many tries I finally said fuck it and went as deep as I could go,it was pretty much pitch black at that depth and it was all by feel. And all of a sudden there was the clanging of bottle on bottle. I grabbed four of em and returned to the surface in triumph!!! We all dove down and ended up retrieving over a case of beer!! WooHoo!!
While feeling around on the bottom I felt a beer and just grabbed it and a hand full of gravel. I almost tossed the gravel but out of curiosity I looked at it. And there it was,an obvious claw of some kind.
Any Ideas on what it could have come from? I did a bunch of internet searches but nothing really matched it.

View attachment 552295
View attachment 552297
It looks a little like a frozen shrimp.

Nice site, you came up with on the quick. Under the picture following your link, it said unknown species found somewhere in Florida, but looks a lot like his fossil find.

Thank you. :)

That'd make it REALLY old considering the location I found it.

I just looked it up, it is extinct. Caninia thrived from the Devonian to the Permian periods, worldwide.

Here's some that was found in northern Texas and is approximately 305 million years old...

redhorn1.jpg

Anyway. Good luck in your research.

For some reason the thread reminded me of this scene. Heh heh....

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back