Can anyone explain the monetary policy of printing money to prosperity?

fredgraph.png

This will not get it done. This can lead to hyperinflation and a serious devaluation of the dollar.

Look how flat it was from 1976 to 2010. Then anyone who is not blind can see a massive increase in M1 money supply.

This is not sustainable.
A sheet of bills cost $65 to print., being the bills $1.00 or $100.00. The Federal Reserve pays the $65.00 then loans them to the Treasury Department at full face value plus interest. Soon it will be called hyper-inflation. The banksters own America. The Federal Reserve Act was passed by a few democRats when most were home with their families during a Christmas recess. This party didn't just start fucking the people, they have made a living at it.

fredgraph.png

This will not get it done. This can lead to hyperinflation and a serious devaluation of the dollar.

Look how flat it was from 1976 to 2010. Then anyone who is not blind can see a massive increase in M1 money supply.

This is not sustainable.

Look how flat it was from 1976 to 2010

View attachment 431914

Doesn't look flat.

Changing the scale doesnt change anything. The current rate is not sustainable. What is your solution?

Changing the scale doesnt change anything.

I agree.

But it does point out your error.

The current rate is not sustainable.

Who said it was?

What is your solution?

To what? Too much printing? Print less.

fredgraph.png

This is not sustainable.
A sheet of bills cost $65 to print., being the bills $1.00 or $100.00. The Federal Reserve pays the $65.00 then loans them to the Treasury Department at full face value plus interest. Soon it will be called hyper-inflation. The banksters own America. The Federal Reserve Act was passed by a few democRats when most were home with their families during a Christmas recess. This party didn't just start fucking the people, they have made a living at it.

The Federal Reserve pays the $65.00 then loans them to the Treasury Department at full face value plus interest.

The Treasury borrows $100 bills? What for?

The Federal Reserve Act was passed by a few democRats when most were home with their families during a Christmas recess.

Sounds awful!!

What was the final vote in the House and Senate? Link?

I'm no economist, but it seems to me that if the banks are lending mortgage money at 3% for thirty years, then the smart guys at the bank are not concerned about inflation. I don't understand why not...I don't understand why we don't have runaway inflation right now, but we don't.

And keep in mind, the governments whose currency we are comparing with are all doing the same thing: borrowing their asses off just to stay afloat.

Buy gold? That never seems to pan out.

I'm no economist, but it seems to me that if the banks are lending mortgage money at 3% for thirty years, then the smart guys at the bank are not concerned about inflation. I don't understand why not...I don't understand why we don't have runaway inflation right now, but we don't.

And keep in mind, the governments whose currency we are comparing with are all doing the same thing: borrowing their asses off just to stay afloat.

Food and Fuel are not added into the inflation report because it is too cyclical. But if you do watch the precious metals, they have been going up since FDR first took US off the gold standard. One ounce of gold in 1934 was 20 dollars. In 1999 gold was at 900 dollars an ounce, and when Obama left office it was around 1,400 dollars an ounce. Today it is almost 1,900 a ounce, so the dollar is 95 times less then it was in 1934.

Food and Fuel are not added into the inflation report because it is too cyclical. But if you do watch the precious metals, they have been going up since FDR first took US off the gold standard. One ounce of gold in 1934 was 20 dollars. In 1999 gold was at 900 dollars an ounce, and when Obama left office it was around 1,400 dollars an ounce. Today it is almost 1,900 a ounce, so the dollar is 95 times less then it was in 1934.

Food and Fuel are not added into the inflation report because it is too cyclical.

You meant too volatile. And you're mistaken.

Consumer Price Index Summary
Transmission of material in this release is embargoed until
8:30 a.m. (ET) December 10, 2020 USDL-20-2218

Technical information: (202) 691-7000 • [email protected]www.bls.gov/cpi
Media Contact: (202) 691-5902 • [email protected]

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX – NOVEMBER 2020

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 0.2 percent
in November on a seasonally adjusted basis after being unchanged in October,
the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months,
the all items index increased 1.2 percent before seasonal adjustment.

The seasonally adjusted increase in the all items index was broad-based, with
no component accounting for more than a quarter of the increase. The food index
declined in November, as a decrease in the food at home index more than offset
a small increase in the food away from home index. The index for energy rose
in November, as increases in indexes for natural gas and electricity more than
offset a decline in the index for gasoline.

The index for all items less food and energy increased 0.2 percent in November
after being unchanged the prior month. The indexes for lodging away from home,
household furnishings and operations, recreation, apparel, airline fares, and
motor vehicle insurance all increased in November. The indexes for used cars
and trucks, medical care, and new vehicles all declined over the month.

The all items index rose 1.2 percent for the 12 months ending November, the
same increase as for the period ending October. The index for all items less
food and energy rose 1.6 percent over the last 12 months, also the same
increase as the period ending October. The food index rose 3.7 percent over
the last 12 months, while the energy index fell 9.4 percent.

Consumer Price Index Summary (bls.gov)

Among the many CPI reports they release are "Core CPI",
which excludes food and energy, because their prices are more volatile
than the typical prices measured by the CPI.

In 1999 gold was at 900 dollars an ounce, and when Obama left office it was around 1,400 dollars an ounce.

1608649334571.png

Today it is almost 1,900 a ounce, so the dollar is 95 times less then it was in 1934.

95% less.

fredgraph.png

This is not sustainable.
You may be thinking it is necessary for government to tax or borrow before spending...

Both political parties contributed to a failing economy. Its what you are looking at in that chart. A poor attempt to save face. Neither party will fix it. Biden era will only destroy the dollar further and blame it on the other party. Pay attention to the "dxy" for the next three years. It will be Bidens legacy. The dollar is the worst performing curtency in the world. Its stupid when both these political parties argue but dont fix the problem because they only want to get re-elected and dont wamt to do what meeds to be done.
This country is toast. The dollar will most likely end up worthless in the next few years. Regardless of which party is in charge.

Yep

The republicans complained of Oblma's austerity measures yet and complacent with Trump's which are a litter more extreme than Oblama's.
Wrong. Republicans kept trying to pass bills to help average Americans and Obama vetoed them all.

fredgraph.png

This is not sustainable.
The Left has embraced MMT, modern monetary theory. ITs the idea that since the dollar is a monopoly of the US government, the government can create them indefinitely without changing their value.
Leave aside the complete idiocy of this, something only a Leftist could truly believe.
In fact Republicans have signed on to it too, even knowing the inflation it will create. In this scenario inflation is a feature not a bug. The US owes 27T dollars. There is no way they are paying that back. Even an increase in interest rates back to a normal level would wipe out the federal budget. The solution is to inflate the debt to being next to worthless. Poor people won't notice, because they have nothing anyway. Rich people won't notice, because they can shield their wealth from inflation. The middle class gets it in the shorts.

fredgraph.png

This is not sustainable.
democrats printing money is another way that they loot the citizens

Forum List

Back