Stimulus checks a go. Keep YOUR Money!!!

gabbyguy

Dec 13, 2020
I heard on the news last night that the stimulus package passed and that $600 dollar checks will be going out within the next month. My advice to you is to keep the money for yourself. Don't just hand the money over to your landlord or whoever else you may owe money to. If such people ask you if you got one, tell them you didn't. There is no shame in lying to assholes. Because just like whoever you may owe money to, you need food and clothing too.

Also, chances are for whatever rent you may owe, the 600 isn't going to cover it anyway. If the landlords need their rent payments, they are going to have to go about it in a different way. Unless congress passes a stimulus package that will send out checks that are WAY larger. Another thing is that after the 2008 housing meltdown, it was the big banks that got the bailout. Not the people who needed to stay where they were living. They were basically told to suck it. Banks even basically got away with printing up phony mortgage documents! After everything is said and done, I wonder who is going to be told to suck it this time. The renters or the landlords.

Another thing on the news last night is that they showed one person who owed back rent. They said that the $600 dollars was basically a slap in the face. They're lucky the republicans didn't have their way. Because that $600 dollar "slap in the face" would have been a $0.00 dollar kick in the head.

Not sure one has to lie as you said $600.00 won't cover most peoples rent. Just tell the truth or avoid it some other way if you are going to need that money for getting you to your next destination in life, gas, food, etc.

I feel sorry for all the court clerks in the nation on Jan 4th ... gonna be a busy day ... hearings on the 13th or 14th ... lock outs by Jan 19th ... The Donald gets all the blame ... ha ha ha ha ...

• Banned
Not sure one has to lie as you said $600.00 won't cover most peoples rent. Just tell the truth or avoid it some other way if you are going to need that money for getting you to your next destination in life, gas, food, etc.

Are you kidding?! If you tell a landlord that you owe rent to that you have ANY money, they are going to DEMAND it. They will threaten you to get it! You don't mean shit to them. To landlords, they matter, not you.

• Banned
I feel sorry for all the court clerks in the nation on Jan 4th ... gonna be a busy day ... hearings on the 13th or 14th ... lock outs by Jan 19th ... The Donald gets all the blame ... ha ha ha ha ...

From what I heard, part of the stimulus deal was an extension of the eviction ban.

Are you kidding?! If you tell a landlord that you owe rent to that you have ANY money, they are going to DEMAND it. They will threaten you to get it! You don't mean shit to them. To landlords, they matter, not you.
I used to have rentals. Perhaps you should get better class landlords.

I heard on the news last night that the stimulus package passed and that $600 dollar checks will be going out within the next month. My advice to you is to keep the money for yourself. Don't just hand the money over to your landlord or whoever else you may owe money to. If such people ask you if you got one, tell them you didn't. There is no shame in lying to assholes. Because just like whoever you may owe money to, you need food and clothing too.

So, someone who's a landlord is automatically as asshole?

Also, chances are for whatever rent you may owe, the 600 isn't going to cover it anyway. If the landlords need their rent payments, they are going to have to go about it in a different way.

That could certainly be the better way to go.

See, the moratorium on evictions is ending soon. Once that happens, it'll be a lot easier to boot deadbeats like you out to make room for people who actually have the character to want to honor their responsibilities...

After everything is said and done, I wonder who is going to be told to suck it this time. The renters or the landlords.

Well, if renters adopt an attitude as shitty as yours, they're fucked. I'm not a landlord but, if I was, I would evict you and bring in a renter who was not only able, but willing to pay his rent; to abide by the agreement he or she signs...

From what I heard, part of the stimulus deal was an extension of the eviction ban.

I've heard exactly the opposite.

But, if that's true, you'd be on the short list for being thrown into the street once that ban expires...

Also, chances are for whatever rent you may owe, the 600 isn't going to cover it anyway. If the landlords need their rent payments, they are going to have to go about it in a different way. Unless congress passes a stimulus package that will send out checks that are WAY larger. Another thing is that after the 2008 housing meltdown, it was the big banks that got the bailout. Not the people who needed to stay where they were living. They were basically told to suck it. Banks even basically got away with printing up phony mortgage documents! After everything is said and done, I wonder who is going to be told to suck it this time. The renters or the landlords.

Another thing on the news last night is that they showed one person who owed back rent. They said that the $600 dollars was basically a slap in the face. They're lucky the republicans didn't have their way. Because that $600 dollar "slap in the face" would have been a $0.00 dollar kick in the head.

You sound just like a whiny twat who used to post here.

How many times have you been banned?

If I get a stimulus check I'm buying another gun with it.

I've already bought several, all unregistered and all perfectly legal...

It is STIMULUS MONEY! You are supposed to SPEND IT! Spend in on American stuff (or services)!

Parenthetically I will say that I think this money should be a larger amount, and it should be means-tested. People LIKE ME should NOT GET THIS MONEY!!! I'm on Social Security for Christ sake! I'm already getting government money!

But I will take it and spend it. Fuck me very much.

I used to have rentals. Perhaps you should get better class landlords.

The only better class of landlord you can get is none at all. If you have one that you owe thousands of dollars to in back rent and they find out you have $600 dollars, they will expect you to cough it up. If you don't, they are likely to call you a deadbeat or some other unpleasant terms. It would be best to avoid all that to begin with by lying to them and telling them that you didn't receive any stimulus check.

So, someone who's a landlord is automatically as asshole?

Also, chances are for whatever rent you may owe, the 600 isn't going to cover it anyway. If the landlords need their rent payments, they are going to have to go about it in a different way.

That could certainly be the better way to go.

See, the moratorium on evictions is ending soon. Once that happens, it'll be a lot easier to boot deadbeats like you out to make room for people who actually have the character to want to honor their responsibilities...

After everything is said and done, I wonder who is going to be told to suck it this time. The renters or the landlords.

Well, if renters adopt an attitude as shitty as yours, they're fucked. I'm not a landlord but, if I was, I would evict you and bring in a renter who was not only able, but willing to pay his rent; to abide by the agreement he or she signs...

1. An asshole, yes. It comes with the territory. Putting the squeeze on tenants who are behind in their rent is part of their job.

2. Are you a landlord? Or just your run of the mill asshole. Since the coronavirus hit, around 54 MILLION people have sought unemployment. You call them deadbeats. I call them victims of the coronavirus and capitalism. And victims of capitalist landlords. Sure, the landlords can give "deadbeats" the boot. Whenever the extension to the eviction moratorium ends. But when they do, with so many unemployed, who else are they going to rent to. Though if they can't rent to anybody, they can probably just write off the empty rental units as a business loss. Also, probably about 99.8% of people WANT to honor their responsibilities. But if they can't, they can't. You have probably seen those long lines where people are waiting for food. I doubt if any landlord has ever been one of them. What does that tell you.

I've heard exactly the opposite.

But, if that's true, you'd be on the short list for being thrown into the street once that ban expires...

Read post #14. It won't change your mind.

If I get a stimulus check I'm buying another gun with it.

I've already bought several, all unregistered and all perfectly legal...

That's where I think congress made a mistake. Apparently if you make over $75,000 a year, you don't get a stimulus check. It should be that if you make over $25,000 a year, or are unemployed due to the coronavirus, you shouldn't get a stimulus check. So that the money isn't put to such a frivolous use. But people who are better off than most would squeal like a stuck pig if that happened. And you assholes bitch about "deadbeats." What a joke.

It is STIMULUS MONEY! You are supposed to SPEND IT! Spend in on American stuff (or services)!

Parenthetically I will say that I think this money should be a larger amount, and it should be means-tested. People LIKE ME should NOT GET THIS MONEY!!! I'm on Social Security for Christ sake! I'm already getting government money!

I agree. People have personal needs. Such as food and clothing. The $600 dollar pittance they are going to receive shouldn't be thrown away on those they owe money to. Through no fault of their own. Next, there are people on Social Security who are not well off by any means. Many live in section 8 housing. Which is about as close to living in a dog house as you can get in this country. (So far) If you feel guilty about getting the money, give it to charity. Or at least some of it.

and they find out you have $600 dollars, they will expect you to cough it up. If you don't, they are likely to call you a deadbeat or some other unpleasant terms.

Calling a deadbeat a deadbeat.

Literally the worst thing I've ever heard.

As I was telling somebody else around here, since the coronavirus hit, around 54 million have filed for unemployment. Now I don't know what people get from unemployment. And I'm not saying that if they are able to, they shouldn't have made at least some sort of effort to pay their rent. The trouble is that with the way landlords are likely to be, if you don't cough up the whole amount, they will be pissed off anyway. You're probably just as well off not giving them anything at all. Also, having called me a winy twat and accusing me of being a sock, I would prefer that you not post replies in my threads. You don't deserve my wisdom.

and they find out you have $600 dollars, they will expect you to cough it up. If you don't, they are likely to call you a deadbeat or some other unpleasant terms.

Calling a deadbeat a deadbeat.

Literally the worst thing I've ever heard.

As I was telling somebody else around here, since the coronavirus hit, around 54 million have filed for unemployment. Now I don't know what people get from unemployment. And I'm not saying that if they are able to, they shouldn't have made at least some sort of effort to pay their rent. The trouble is that with the way landlords are likely to be, if you don't cough up the whole amount, they will be pissed off anyway. You're probably just as well off not giving them anything at all. Also, having called me a winy twat and accusing me of being a sock, I would prefer that you not post replies in my threads. You don't deserve my wisdom.

The trouble is that with the way landlords are likely to be,

You mean they'll be like people who have bills to pay?

having called me a winy twat and accusing me of being a sock,

Does the truth hurt?

I would prefer that you not post replies in my threads.

It's good to have a dream.

You don't deserve my wisdom.

I wouldn't call that stuff you're pulling out of your ass......wisdom.

I agree. People have personal needs. Such as food and clothing. The $600 dollar pittance they are going to receive shouldn't be thrown away on those they owe money to. Through no fault of their own. Next, there are people on Social Security who are not well off by any means. Many live in section 8 housing. Which is about as close to living in a dog house as you can get in this country. (So far) If you feel guilty about getting the money, give it to charity. Or at least some of it.
Damn nice dog houses if you were to ask me.

Forum List

Back