Can any New Yorker help me with this scene in the CLOSING CREDITS of Rhoda

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
The scene that starts at 50:43 with Rhoda running down the street. What street is that in Manhattan? I want to visit it when I go to NYC this spring

For some reason I want to say it's 7th Avenue, but I can't be certain. I'd bank on it being one of the avenues, as "streets" in New York City don't have traffic that moves very fast...

The scene that starts at 50:43 with Rhoda running down the street. What street is that in Manhattan? I want to visit it when I go to NYC this spring

Gotta be honest there is not enough there to get a bite on for me but it looks like it may be lexington ave. or Madison Ave.
in NYC avenues run north and south while streets run east and west and the vast majority of both are one way. important because that looks like a boulevard [the light pole behind her to her right and [our left] with what looks like a small curb in front of her indicating another road] which would make it either Park, Lexington, Madison or 5th all middle of the Island and next to one another...also look for the numbers 141 and 125 as in the video but there really is not enough for me to go on there

For some reason I want to say it's 7th Avenue, but I can't be certain. I'd bank on it being one of the avenues, as "streets" in New York City don't have traffic that moves very fast...
Somewhere in the neighborhood of East 72nd St.
Central Park, Columbus Circle, Roosevelt Island are all close by.
I agree it is probably an ave on the east side in the middle of the island. [pretty heady rents there] but
does it look like it has a median to either of you? there seems to be a small curb in front of her and a light post behind her indicating a median making it a boulevard. type of street or ave.
the road in front of her would have no traffic so the film crew could set up and work

Gotta be honest there is not enough there to get a bite on for me but it looks like it may be lexington ave. or Madison Ave.
in NYC avenues run north and south while streets run east and west and the vast majority of both are one way. important because that looks like a boulevard [the light pole behind her to her right and [our left] with what looks like a small curb in front of her indicating another road] which would make it either Park, Lexington, Madison or 5th all middle of the Island and next to one another...also look for the numbers 141 and 125 as in the video but there really is not enough for me to go on there
Those numbers made me think it was Broadway

I ran the Manhattan algorithm and it came back as an avenue between 18th and 19th street but it is no help with avenues so I ran 5th, park, lex. and madison
Those addresses made me think of the Odd Couple section of Manhattan thats why I thought it could be Broadway

Forum List

Back