Can a new technology treat fracking wastewater on site?

PokeyNews

Rookie
Jul 2, 2015
nowhere Wi
I've been trying to find out more about this, and if it's gone anywhere. I've read that they have a working prototype. That is the last/all I've been able to find. The industry uses billions of gallons of H2O, which is taken from local wells, streams, is trucked in ect. ect. If It is viable its a gamechanger.

OHIO: Research |Can a new technology treat fracking wastewater on site?

“(The technology) eliminates the extra cost for transporting the water—and also eliminates the need for disposal sites, which addresses concerns about wastewater wells,” says Trembly, an assistant professor of mechanical engineering and associate director of the university’s Ohio Coal Research

This process transforms the water into a supercritical state, where at very high pressures and at a very high temperature, the water takes on properties of both a liquid and a gas. The contaminants—salt and hydrocarbons—either precipitate out as solids or gasify into hydrogen, leaving only clean water. The salt can then be used for a variety of applications such as road de-icing, and the hydrogen is returned to the process to heat the reactor.

We're on it.

Don't you have bigger concerns... like Obama's RFS standards? :dunno:

Or Obama's EPA running rampant?

How about we take 58 million acres of farmland and plant trees instead of corn?

Fracing uses a minute fraction of water than do golf courses.

Get some perspective and get some fucking education. :slap:

I hope that you realize I'm pro fracking. As for education I'm an environmental Science major Heading into the Oil and Gas industry. (40 year old adult student) as opposed to going to work for the empire...

That out of the way, I posted this as I hoped to use the topic for a term paper to slap the drones in my wastewater treatment class around. Its a forced course that is part of the curriculum, so I must deal with every sort of 20 something Obamamite known to man.

I'm simply looking for some leads on more info, as it sounds like a great idea.

I hope that you realize I'm pro fracking. As for education I'm an environmental Science major Heading into the Oil and Gas industry. (40 year old adult student) as opposed to going to work for the empire...

That out of the way, I posted this as I hoped to use the topic for a term paper to slap the drones in my wastewater treatment class around. Its a forced course that is part of the curriculum, so I must deal with every sort of 20 something Obamamite known to man.

I'm simply looking for some leads on more info, as it sounds like a great idea.
a devise that might do the job ( mit's plasmatrom ) plasma dissasociation of steam . seperate the sodium , clorine ,etc.burn the hydrogen and oxygen put energy back iinto plasmatron and drink the pure water.

Even if some post-fracking treatment were to turn water into a potion capable of curing all disease and extending human life to 300 healthy years there would be fanatics whose profit-oriented "leaders" would march in protest against it.

Anyone suggest some catchy slogans they could shout?

Even if some post-fracking treatment were to turn water into a potion capable of curing all disease and extending human life to 300 healthy years there would be fanatics whose profit-oriented "leaders" would march in protest against it.

Anyone suggest some catchy slogans they could shout?
plasma gasification worked very well to eradicate chemical weapons. dirty water should be no problem at all.
2500 degrees c about 4500 degrees f disassociates water science fact . every molecule can be broken by plasma heat.

you do understand the problem. 10 barrels of saline water per every 1 barrel of oil in oklahoma. IF a solution is not found the oil industry in oklahoma is in danger. water injection is causing earthquakes and a class action lawsuit for homes damaged is something you dont want . time to think out of box.

Forum List

Back