Calm down about the committee hearings

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've seen several comments from around the net about the importance of these hearings, and this board sure is crammed with threads trying to downplay them. So some facts, just for fun:
  • This isn't a trial. There are some who appear to think it is.
  • Some Dems, especially Jamie Raskin, sure have been pumping this sucker up at the risk of creating expectations that are too high.
  • If these members launch into the standard politician showboating, preening and pontificating for the cameras, this thing is toast.
  • If they start going beyond hard facts, hard evidence and solid testimony, people will tune out.
  • If they provide hard facts, hard evidence and solid testimony, great, it will help to flesh out the historical record.
  • Those who are saying this is a cynical ploy to grab the independents certainly have a fair point. Such is the condition of our politics.
  • This committee can't convict anyone. They can't sentence anyone. What they're doing is separate from legal proceedings.
  • I'd imagine there will be a lot of people like me who don't want to sit through it, and will just observe the fallout, where we can get views from both ends.
  • What matters in this thing is what, if anything, Garland and the DOJ decide to do. I'd imagine they'll get the evidence the committee has found.

I've seen several comments from around the net about the importance of these hearings, and this board sure is crammed with threads trying to downplay them. So some facts, just for fun:
  • Some Dems, especially Jamie Raskin, sure have been pumping this sucker up at the risk of creating expectations that are too high.
  • If these members launch into the standard politician showboating, preening and pontificating for the cameras, this thing is toast.
  • If they start going beyond hard facts, hard evidence and solid testimony, people will tune out.
  • If they provide hard facts, hard evidence and solid testimony, great, it will help to flesh out the historical record.
  • Those who are saying this is a cynical ploy to grab the independents certainly have a fair point. Such is the condition of our politics.
  • This committee can't convict anyone. They can't sentence anyone. What they're doing is separate from legal proceedings.
  • I'd imagine there will be a lot of people like me who don't want to sit through it, and will just observe the fallout, where we can get views from both ends.
  • What matters in this thing is what, if anything, Garland and the DOJ decide to do. I'd imagine they'll get the evidence the committee has found.
You seem to be having trouble drumming up interest in the J6 show trials

This is a taxpayer funded, anti-Republican campaign piece that Democrats hope will influence the midterms and prevent Trump from winning in 2024. But the people behind this have proven what they are capable of in the past 16 months and the American people don't want anything to do with their radical bullshit.

Here's what Americans will see:

They can't afford gas, can't afford to go to the grocery store, can't get formula for their babies and everyone around them is slowly losing their mind from one thing or another...

While the weasels in Congress--oh, the Democrats--obsess over a half a day riot a year and a half ago.

Advantage: Republicans. Just admit it.

Garland and the DOJ have already investigated and done what they want to do

Here's what Americans will see:

They can't afford gas, can't afford to go to the grocery store, can't get formula for their babies and everyone around them is slowly losing their mind from one thing or another...

While the weasels in Congress--oh, the Democrats--obsess over a half a day riot a year and a half ago.

Advantage: Republicans. Just admit it.
The demofascist leftists' fear is delicious. I eat it for breakfast and it energizes me for the whole day.

Oh! fer cryin out loud.Yer playing right into this charade.
Like We the People haven't yet got enough of this imbecilic
Democrat inspired dog & pony show.It's like being forced to
played checkers at the local General Store and also must wear
bib overalls with a heavy lumberjack shirt no matter the
weather outside.When yer a chess afficianado.Who likes premium
cigars not cheap chewing tobacco.
Like this Biden fool of a Potus likes to spew ...
ENOUGH ! Enough already.
But first answer this.Do Democrats EVER go on and on about a
Big Trump rally.Not really.Because they can't gum it up.Like
stage dramatic displays to make Trump fans seem like bullies.
When the exact opposite is true.Trump Rally's are always to
capacity fill and mostly happy,joyous and truly patriotic.
Unless it can be established that going to the dentist can
be a joyous and relaxing experience.Think Jack Nicholson
in - The Little Shop of Horrors - { 1960 } as Wilbur Force.
Who virtually lives for the thrill of getting drilled and having
the accompanying laughing gas.

I want to comment on one of your points.

I think the committee has done the best they could to avoid making this a cynical ploy to grab independents. They've avoided as much as they could leaking of their findings, they've got members in there that are not Democrats. Yes they rejected 2 of the members the GOP wanted to add. Members who are themselves subject of subpoenas. Hardly surprising since you can't really be a material witness and a prosecutor at the same time. Mccarthy pulled the rest. Just like he REFUSED to allow for a bipartisan commission 9/11 style that would have consisted of non-lawmakers chosen by both parties on an equal basis.

I would venture that the whole argument that the Democrats are playing a cynical political game and not a genuine investigation is a direct result of REPUBLICANS wanting it to appear that way by blocking any attempt to take politics out of it.

The demofascist leftists' fear is delicious. I eat it for breakfast and it energizes me for the whole day.
Did you not mean ... - Fear and Loathing -.
Or the title of thursday's Special little dramatic feat.
- Fear and Loathing in D.C. -

This is a Drumhead Trial on Citizens. On National TV for the pleasure of the elites on the peasants. And fools will believe it. The world is a stage of entertainment! A real insurrection would have been bloody with many deaths. Progs and RINOS are the British of the late Eighteenth Century. The Boston Tea Party was nothing compared to the pain Progs have produced over the decades. The Green Deal deserves to be their Waterloo. Progs do not want real growth.

I think the committee has done the best they could to avoid making this a cynical ploy to grab independents. They've avoided as much as they could leaking of their findings, they've got members in there that are not Democrats. Yes they rejected 2 of the members the GOP wanted to add. Members who are themselves subject of subpoenas. Hardly surprising since you can't really be a material witness and a prosecutor at the same time. Mccarthy pulled the rest. Just like he REFUSED to allow for a bipartisan commission 9/11 style that would have consisted of non-lawmakers chosen by both parties on an equal basis.

I would venture that the whole argument that the Democrats are playing a cynical political game and not a genuine investigation is a direct result of REPUBLICANS wanting it to appear that way by blocking any attempt to take politics out of it.
Well, the problem is that DC has a LONG history of doing just that by both parties. They've earned their reputations for decades. Yes, I agree that they've at least tried to keep it calm, but (and I know that they know this) there's no way in hell it won't be easy to point at the whole thing and toss it out.

So while these hearings may change a few minds or push a few people to one side, what the DOJ does or doesn't do is more important in the long run.

It's also possible that this has just taken too long.

How is it that the "American people" seem to not get that investigations that include hundreds of witnesses, scores of documents, dozens of legal challenges, and open obstruction by the opposing party takes considerable time?

Well, the problem is that DC has a LONG history of doing just that by both parties. They've earned their reputations for decades. Yes, I agree that they've at least tried to keep it calm, but (and I know that they know this) there's no way in hell it won't be easy to point at the whole thing and toss it out.

So while these hearings may change a few minds or push a few people to one side, what the DOJ does or doesn't do is more important in the long run.
I'm not hopeful on either side of the investigation.

I suspect the optics will be so poor that the dems will actually lose votes over the whole thing.....The dems simply won't be able to help themselves from grandstanding no end. I mean why would they change now?

Complete and asinine fabrication.Like the Biden Presidency.
Like how Pelosi acts as Speaker-of-the-House .
History can and should not turn it's back on how pathetic
this Democrat Party has become.They've reached a new low and
bottom almost each week the last year.There is no lower they can
dwell.They've exhausted their empty snake pit of a well.
Not even fumes can bother with them Democrats.

I suspect the optics will be so poor that the dems will actually lose votes over the whole thing.....The dems simply won't be able to help themselves from grandstanding no end. I mean why would they change now?
Because they are beholdin to the ever persistent Obama Maxim.
ALWAYS Double down.
" the child is father to the man. " ?

Forum List

Back