Call The Polis! Democrat Colorado Governor Jared Pelosi stumbles & bumbles when asked by Jake Tapper if he values state economy over people's lives!!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Tapper was brutally direct in his question to Polis, who lifted his state’s stay-at-home order, in favor of a reopening of business. Are you worried that a premature move could “cost your constituents their lives?”

Polis was blandly indirect in his answer. While he might wish to have “next week’s information and next month’s information available to me today,” he said, “that’s not the world we live in.” he’s looking for a path forward in “an ongoing sustainable way,” one that takes into account citizens’ interests “psychologically, economically, and from a health perspective.”

The murkiness of Polis’ reply requires translation. To my ear, he was saying something like this: Yes, some people are going to die of Covid-19 who wouldn’t if I keep a full lockdown in place. I hope not too many or too fast. But keeping the risk of death as low as possible imposes other costs that are too high, and my job is to balance competing goals

Tapper was brutally direct in his question to Polis, who lifted his state’s stay-at-home order, in favor of a reopening of business. Are you worried that a premature move could “cost your constituents their lives?”

Polis was blandly indirect in his answer. While he might wish to have “next week’s information and next month’s information available to me today,” he said, “that’s not the world we live in.” he’s looking for a path forward in “an ongoing sustainable way,” one that takes into account citizens’ interests “psychologically, economically, and from a health perspective.”

The murkiness of Polis’ reply requires translation. To my ear, he was saying something like this: Yes, some people are going to die of Covid-19 who wouldn’t if I keep a full lockdown in place. I hope not too many or too fast. But keeping the risk of death as low as possible imposes other costs that are too high, and my job is to balance competing goals

Colorado had 14,758 cases with 766 deaths, 30 of them yesterday with 442 new cases yesterday. I hope he knows what he is doing and is open to pulling back. Tricky balancing act for Governors.

Or...the governors can quit cowering in fear. It was the actions of these dictatorial authoritarian local and state govts that have us in the current situation.
You actually think the Governors are responsible for the United States leading all countries in infected and dead?

Or...the governors can quit cowering in fear. It was the actions of these dictatorial authoritarian local and state govts that have us in the current situation.
You actually think the Governors are responsible for the United States leading all countries in infected and dead?

Can you comprehend anything? Supply chains are being broken, businesses are being bankrupted, people are starving, cattle, dairy, are killing and destroying tons of milk, farmers are destroying fresh vegetables. Governors, local, state officials are responsible for killing the economy.

Forum List

Back