California Woman Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

It's interesting that, usually, right wingers would fall over themselves trying to validate the prerogative of a company who wanted to fire an employee for any reason they deem fit...

unless, of course, the employee hates ******* in the white house and speculates about assassination...

ho hum.
If you need a "right" to fire someone, and I don't think it is necessary, why would someone who thinks that there is a "******" in the white house be among them? Is there a politically correct code of conduct?

You'd have to ask Cold Stone Creamery if the word ******, and the overt use thereof, are qualities that align with their code of conduct. Apparently, it's not.

Like I said, if this were any other circumstance other than one having to do with someone commenting on a ****** in the white house" then right wingers would be standing on the other foot entirely.

It's interesting that, usually, right wingers would fall over themselves trying to validate the prerogative of a company who wanted to fire an employee for any reason they deem fit...

unless, of course, the employee hates ******* in the white house and speculates about assassination...

Some actually had no problem with firing people who voted for Obama, but the same cast of characters seems to be whining about this woman being fired?!?! Hypocrites!!!

Total hack bullshit the stuff Kool-Aid built.....Keep on drinking it up dude...:wine:

Then address my quoted post, hack.

How is "Maybe he will get assassinated this term" a threat

Depends on the context, hick...

It needs to be investigated by the appropriate authorities and at that a point a determination would be made. If is does not go her way she will have ample opportunity to explain and defend her position.

You have the context from her facebook page, idjut. Was it a threat or STFU?

Some actually had no problem with firing people who voted for Obama, but the same cast of characters seems to be whining about this woman being fired?!?! Hypocrites!!!

bingo.

The lefties in general do not get to take the moral high ground or show "outrage" on this topic. I saw, read and heard too much from lefties during the Bush years that would make this FB posting look tame.

This thread, however, is not about what ‘lefties’ did during the Bush years, but comments made by the woman in question, and the right’s failure or unwillingness to address that.

The ‘you’re as bad as we are’ deflection attempt doesn’t address the issue either.

No. It's evolved into pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Thanks for providing further proof.

ho hum.

What is really interesting is that, so far, I have been the only person to point out that the law says they can't fire her, yet you respond by implying that everyone who is defending her demand she keep her job.

Is that because you are paid to misrepresent the position of the right, or are you just a lying sack of shit?

ho hum.

Exactly.

You gotta feel sorry for someone this dumb. Lots of racists express the same attitude in private, she was stupid enough to enter the public arena. Of course like all children found in the wrong she really didn't mean it and nothing was meant of it. One wonders why she spoke then? The right wing apologists on USMB engage in the usual equivalency morality. Once someone said something about Bush Jr, now all things regardless, level out on the scales of justice and truth and taste.

And, under California law, she is just as protected as you are if you go out and say that Republicans want to put the blacks back into slavery. Both positions are equally protected, and equally stupid.

ho hum.
If you need a "right" to fire someone, and I don't think it is necessary, why would someone who thinks that there is a "******" in the white house be among them? Is there a politically correct code of conduct?

You'd have to ask Cold Stone Creamery if the word ******, and the overt use thereof, are qualities that align with their code of conduct. Apparently, it's not.

Like I said, if this were any other circumstance other than one having to do with someone commenting on a ****** in the white house" then right wingers would be standing on the other foot entirely.

Actually, I don't, because California law specifically prohibits them from firing her because of what she said.

Normally I would say the company is well within legal rights to fire her. Most companies have some policy about public conduct. However.... It's California.... *shrug*

Exactly, California makes it impossible to fire anyone for their political views.

ho hum.

Except that most of us favor the right of private corporations to employ or not employ anyone they want. We are not the hypocrites in this case.

Classy, very classy. And then doubling down on it? Congrats, you win...something :clap2:

News keeps getting worse for Denise Helms, the 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.

“Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

Sacramento's Fox 40 news crew caught up with an unapologetic Helms on Wednesday.

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal," she said. "The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."

She then took to Facebook to defend herself, according to The Modesto Bee.
source

I saw that clip of her attempting to communicate on a human level. Dumbest thing you'd ever want to meet.

She needs to give up her weapons, get rehab and then be ignored.
I agree with you.

Normally I would say the company is well within legal rights to fire her. Most companies have some policy about public conduct. However.... It's California.... *shrug*

Exactly, California makes it impossible to fire anyone for their political views.

Meh... I think you could easily say she was fired for using a racist word in a public venue , not "political views".

Then address my quoted post, hack.

How is "Maybe he will get assassinated this term" a threat

Depends on the context, hick...

It needs to be investigated by the appropriate authorities and at that a point a determination would be made. If is does not go her way she will have ample opportunity to explain and defend her position.

You have the context from her facebook page, idjut. Was it a threat or STFU?

You are gleaning her intent from this one statement, not me. I would have to interview the woman and read more from her other posts and materials, if any. Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid Ernie.

Meh... I think you could easily say she was fired for using a racist word in a public venue , not "political views".

Still illegal in California.

You can disagree with the truth all you want, Ernie.

QWB is wrong, and so are you, if you agree with him.

I don't tolerate such language at our places of business, and I would fire anybody who is associated with our business for saying anything derogatory about MR's religion or Obama's race or anything of the sort.

Don't like? Don't care. You won't work for me.

QWB is wrong and his arguments dismissed.

Says one of the least credible members at USMB.

Forgive me for disagreeing, Fake.

Well this should PLEASE you ObamaBots, she lost her job for expressing her feeling about the Dear Leader

after all this IS OBAMA'S AMERCIA

and how DARE SHE
Expressing a hope that a president will be assassinated in a public setting could have a very bad effect on someone who is mentally unbalanced. A case in point is John Hinckley, Jr. who tried to assassinate a US President, sending several people to the hospital including President Reagan back in 1981. He did it to impress a young actress whom he had stalked.

I'm not an Obama bot, but he is my president, and will be as long as he holds office in the country.

Actually, I don't, because California law specifically prohibits them from firing her because of what she said.
As I understand it, Quantum, it is against the law to advocate the assassination of an American President, and she may face an indictment and serve jail time like other people who break this law.

I see this as a breach of the law. It was a little more than just a stupid thing to say. She actually mentioned assassination as something that would bring her pleasure. Not only is that sick, if she has a young male suitor who is equally stupid as she, he could take it as his signal to assassinate President Obama.

In that light, she endangered my president, and I hate it with all my heart. It was the wrong thing to say. It's the wrong thing to do, also.

You can disagree with the truth all you want, Ernie.

QWB is wrong, and so are you, if you agree with him.

I don't tolerate such language at our places of business, and I would fire anybody who is associated with our business for saying anything derogatory about MR's religion or Obama's race or anything of the sort.

Don't like? Don't care. You won't work for me.

I keep pointing out that California law prohibits employer from firing people for what they say when they are not at work, and you declare me wrong by pointing out what you don't like.

Are you really that stupid?

Forum List

Back