California Pizza Places Laying Off ALL Delivery Drivers Due To New Law

Way to go California! What a shithole state. Expect tax revenues to fall even further and prices to increase further, just what hard working Californians need.

Was in California last month to see old friends, restaurant food was 50% higher than here in Virginia

First off, it would help to read the liink.............

2 Pizza Hut franchises which happen to own a few stores are the only ones doing this in the article. Not all pizza places as the OP asserted in their title.

They are doing the layoffs up through Feb because of the 20 dollar minimum wage law that takes effect in April, and the franchise owners don't want to pay the money. Chances are, they will probably try to use GrubHub or some other delivery service, but will find out it doesn't work as well as they thought, and will hire back drivers (my prediction).

And,,,,,,,,,,,its only the 2 Pizza Hut franchises doing this...........not all pizza places.

Yep, the thread is just a MAGA moron drive by.
They are such a stupid cult.

First off, it would help to read the liink.............

2 Pizza Hut franchises which happen to own a few stores are the only ones doing this in the article. Not all pizza places as the OP asserted in their title.

They are doing the layoffs up through Feb because of the 20 dollar minimum wage law that takes effect in April, and the franchise owners don't want to pay the money. Chances are, they will probably try to use GrubHub or some other delivery service, but will find out it doesn't work as well as they thought, and will hire back drivers (my prediction).

And,,,,,,,,,,,its only the 2 Pizza Hut franchises doing this...........not all pizza places.

I suggest you take a look at how tight the margins are for a pizza shop.

Unnecessarily increasing expenses torpedoes the affordability of maintaining the same productivity.

Define "necessary". While I'm not backing California's wage hike, I also won't support any notion that relies on believing any and all minimum wage increases are some kind of injustice against business owners.

Stop acting as if the businesses are the ones at fault when it's in fact people like you.

Nobody but the business owner chose to lay off her delivery drivers.

Start a thread on those if you wish.

This one is about minimum wage......Smart guy.

:beer:

You made it a right vs left thing. I simply educated your idiot self as to all the good left policies have done.

Forum List

Back