California now to be even more expensive to live in

What all the fucking dummies and liars forgot to mention was that the minimum wage wouldn't reach $15 an hour until 2022. I wonder what fifteen dollars will be worth in 2022?

My OP: "If it wasn't bad enough, imagine what it will be like when this new minimum wage is fully implemented."
Yes, just imagine..........

Anyway, just wanted to make sure that you see that from the very start I noted this wasn't going to happen all at once.

Feel free to elaborate on how state government manipulates prices for agricultural products.
So you assume that the only products consumers buy is food, specifically produce?

That's news to me.

Guess you might as well learn to make clothes, stop heating your home, stop going to McDonald's, stick with the same car for 40 years, etc....
No, wrong again. I was responding directly to your response to a previous post. Did you neglect to read that post? Did you happen to notice that you were responding to a post about food prices?
Well gee whiz dickhead lets start with food.
Bun is wheat, up it goes.
Pickle, veggie and up it goes.
Burger, beef and up it goes.
Mustard, veggie and up it goes.
Tomato sauce, fruit and up it goes.
You figure a quarter retard? Try a dollar or more.

Now lets expand your demented little mind. How many jobs are affected by raising the wage?

Turns out it’s 42% of all U.S. workers.

Ever since fast-food workers walked off their jobs in New York City in November 2012 to demand $15 per hour, that dollar figure has been the rallying cry of the low-wage worker movement.

42%? Just exactly what happens TARD when 42% of the state gets a raise?

Who makes less than $15 per hour? An explainer in 3 charts

The cost of living goes up TARD because everybody wants "their" share.
Home sellers
Landlords
Utilities
Gas stations
Hospitals
City government
County government
State government
Federal government.
Bank loans
Car dealers

When it comes to economics you idiot you have the IQ of a rope.

With all your economic expertise you should be able to tell everyone how much $15 an hour will be worth in 2022.
Did I give you the right to talk to me, scum?

Kiss my ring and get lost dirtbag.
Exactly what all your finest arguments come down to.

What all the fucking dummies and liars forgot to mention was that the minimum wage wouldn't reach $15 an hour until 2022. I wonder what fifteen dollars will be worth in 2022?

My OP: "If it wasn't bad enough, imagine what it will be like when this new minimum wage is fully implemented."
Yes, just imagine..........

Anyway, just wanted to make sure that you see that from the very start I noted this wasn't going to happen all at once.

Others mileage may vary.

Northern California will seek to break ties. Southern California will fail economically and socially.

SoCal will eventually attempt to return to Mexico, and be forcibly repatriated.
you can tell you know about the economy of s. cal billy.....lots of wealthy people live along the coast there with lots of businesses that do pretty well....

Things change.
like i said billy.....50 years later the states still here in 1 piece....talk is cheap....
So you assume that the only products consumers buy is food, specifically produce?

That's news to me.

Guess you might as well learn to make clothes, stop heating your home, stop going to McDonald's, stick with the same car for 40 years, etc....
No, wrong again. I was responding directly to your response to a previous post. Did you neglect to read that post? Did you happen to notice that you were responding to a post about food prices?

Now lets expand your demented little mind. How many jobs are affected by raising the wage?

Ever since fast-food workers walked off their jobs in New York City in November 2012 to demand $15 per hour, that dollar figure has been the rallying cry of the low-wage worker movement.

Home sellers
Landlords
Utilities
Gas stations
Hospitals
City government
County government
State government
Federal government.
Bank loans
Car dealers

With all your economic expertise you should be able to tell everyone how much $15 an hour will be worth in 2022.

And yours are less than nothing.

You answer valid arguments with nothing but non-sequiturs and smarmy retorts.

Northern California will seek to break ties. Southern California will fail economically and socially.

SoCal will eventually attempt to return to Mexico, and be forcibly repatriated.
you can tell you know about the economy of s. cal billy.....lots of wealthy people live along the coast there with lots of businesses that do pretty well....

Things change.
like i said billy.....50 years later the states still here in 1 piece....talk is cheap....

Home sellers
Landlords
Utilities
Gas stations
Hospitals
City government
County government
State government
Federal government.
Bank loans
Car dealers

And yours are less than nothing.

You answer valid arguments with nothing but non-sequiturs and smarmy retorts.
I can understand how it might seem that way to someone who's alleged arguments don't stand on their own.

If it wasn't bad enough, imagine what it will be like when this new minimum wage is fully implemented.

California's Unions Demand $15-An-Hour Minimum Wage; It Will Destroy A Third Of The State

In response to powerful government union demands, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed Senate Bill 3 today, a measure hiking California’s minimum wage 50 percent in six years from $10-per-hour to $15. For the third of state, about 13 million people, this new experiment in central planning will devastate already weak local economies.

California’s cost-of-living index stood at 134.3% of the national average in 2015, meaning that, compared to the rest of the nation, rent, food and services taken together cost about 34% more. Most of this higher cost is driven by the state’s myriad regulations, fees and arcane permits required before building homes, office buildings or manufacturing facilities. By comparison, Texas, the second most populous state, had a cost of living index of 92.6 last year. On average, California is 45% more expensive than Texas.
Just as the Golden State’s cost-of-living was the third-highest among the states, behind Hawaii and New York, there are large cost of living variations within California itself. Housing, goods and services in San Francisco, the emblematic progressive city, are 58% costlier than in the greater Stockton metro area, 84 miles to the east, where the official unemployment rate is 9.5%. The City by the Bay is an astounding 65 to 74% more expensive than is Bakersfield.

Down south on the border with Mexico, idyllic San Diego has a price premium of 36% on Bakersfield and 29% on Stockton. The Los Angeles metro region will set your budget back 31% more than would living in Bakersfield and 25% more than would Stockton.
California's Unions Demand $15-An-Hour Minimum Wage; It Will Destroy A Third Of The State
Which 1/3 will be destroyed..?
The 1/3 in the middle. The middle class.

If it wasn't bad enough, imagine what it will be like when this new minimum wage is fully implemented.

In response to powerful government union demands, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed Senate Bill 3 today, a measure hiking California’s minimum wage 50 percent in six years from $10-per-hour to $15. For the third of state, about 13 million people, this new experiment in central planning will devastate already weak local economies.

California’s cost-of-living index stood at 134.3% of the national average in 2015, meaning that, compared to the rest of the nation, rent, food and services taken together cost about 34% more. Most of this higher cost is driven by the state’s myriad regulations, fees and arcane permits required before building homes, office buildings or manufacturing facilities. By comparison, Texas, the second most populous state, had a cost of living index of 92.6 last year. On average, California is 45% more expensive than Texas.
Just as the Golden State’s cost-of-living was the third-highest among the states, behind Hawaii and New York, there are large cost of living variations within California itself. Housing, goods and services in San Francisco, the emblematic progressive city, are 58% costlier than in the greater Stockton metro area, 84 miles to the east, where the official unemployment rate is 9.5%. The City by the Bay is an astounding 65 to 74% more expensive than is Bakersfield.

Down south on the border with Mexico, idyllic San Diego has a price premium of 36% on Bakersfield and 29% on Stockton. The Los Angeles metro region will set your budget back 31% more than would living in Bakersfield and 25% more than would Stockton.
Ca, has a SURPLUS, THATS HOW GOOD THEIR ECONOMY HAS BECOME!!
yea until that 1-2 hundred million in unfunded pension liability payments come up...

And? Fact is, increasing the min. wage did not sink Ca.

Ca, has a SURPLUS, THATS HOW GOOD THEIR ECONOMY HAS BECOME!!
yea until that 1-2 hundred million in unfunded pension liability payments come up...

And? Fact is, increasing the min. wage did not sink Ca.
what the hell has that to do with what i just said?...

Feel free to elaborate on how state government manipulates prices for agricultural products.

That's news to me.

Excuse me, but I lived in California. Everything considered a staple food item is not taxed with a sales tax. And any produce is simply brought over the border from Mexico because of the lower overhead and close proximity.

Btw, only if you operate in a complete vacuum does this all work. If the price of everything else goes up you won't be able to afford food, much less medicine, water, electricity, and so-on. Everyone will be too broke to buy much of anything, which is California in a nutshell.
You only have to wait until 2022 to measure that vacuum.
Your screen name should be Limited. That's PC for retard.
Dark Fury sounds like a good name for a black wrestler.

Forum List

Back