California is officially insane!

Businesses used to locate to CA in part because of their excellent schools, which turned out great workers. That of course is changing. The labor force will consist of barely literate Hispanics and whites/blacks who can name all the homosexual inventors of lint removal equipment and make up but couldn't tell you who Grover Cleveland was.

With all of the bullying and gay bashing going on in US schools, this law could be a good thing for more than one reason. Perhaps teaching kids about the contributions some gay innovators have made to the world will make some of those kids think twice about beating up that gay kid.

Uh, no, probably not.

I'm always amazed at people who completely forget what they were like in High School or how teenagers actually think.

And yet:

• Having a Gay-Straight Alliance in school was related to more positive experiences for LGBT students, including: hearing fewer homophobic remarks, less victimization because of sexual orientation and gender expression, less absenteeism because of safety concerns and a greater sense of belonging to the school community.
  • The presence of supportive staff contributed to a range of positive indicators including fewer reports of missing school, fewer reports of feeling unsafe, greater academic achievement, higher educational aspirations and a greater sense of school belonging.
  • Students attending schools with an anti-bullying policy that included protections based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity/expression heard fewer homophobic remarks, experienced lower levels of victimization related to their sexual orientation, were more likely to report that staff intervened when hearing homophobic remarks and were more likely to report incidents of harassment and assault to school staff than students at schools with a general policy or no policy.

2009 National School Climate Survey

So, having these discussions in class actually reduces the incidents of anti-gay bullying.

What if you dont want your children to 'learn tolorance of homosexuals'??

Thats what it is coming to, if you want a normal child that is prepared for the world you have to homeschool or private school. If you want a liberal that has no control over themselves and exists only to serve whatever will please them most at an instant, send them to public schools.

Many innovators were considered insane at the time.

Not seeing anything here of value.

How is knowing about the obscure gay person who did something that wasn't terribly important going to help make these kids better workers?

Schools need to stop the political indoctrination bullshit and get back to the basics. Teach them to read, write, do math, and know some simple science and basic history.

Is this asking too much?

With all of the bullying and gay bashing going on in US schools, this law could be a good thing for more than one reason. Perhaps teaching kids about the contributions some gay innovators have made to the world will make some of those kids think twice about beating up that gay kid.

When henry ford opened the first assembly line was he gay or straight? history and stupid Californians need to know.

The insanity of California should come as no surprise to you. Where you been? They've been crazy for years.

Uh, no, probably not.

I'm always amazed at people who completely forget what they were like in High School or how teenagers actually think.

And yet:

• Having a Gay-Straight Alliance in school was related to more positive experiences for LGBT students, including: hearing fewer homophobic remarks, less victimization because of sexual orientation and gender expression, less absenteeism because of safety concerns and a greater sense of belonging to the school community.
  • The presence of supportive staff contributed to a range of positive indicators including fewer reports of missing school, fewer reports of feeling unsafe, greater academic achievement, higher educational aspirations and a greater sense of school belonging.
  • Students attending schools with an anti-bullying policy that included protections based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity/expression heard fewer homophobic remarks, experienced lower levels of victimization related to their sexual orientation, were more likely to report that staff intervened when hearing homophobic remarks and were more likely to report incidents of harassment and assault to school staff than students at schools with a general policy or no policy.

2009 National School Climate Survey

So, having these discussions in class actually reduces the incidents of anti-gay bullying.

What if you dont want your children to 'learn tolorance of homosexuals'??

Thats what it is coming to, if you want a normal child that is prepared for the world you have to homeschool or private school. If you want a liberal that has no control over themselves and exists only to serve whatever will please them most at an instant, send them to public schools.

If you don't want tolerant children :)rolleyes:), you can still teach them hate at home...just don't be surprised when they are suspended for beating up some kid they suspected of being gay.

Last edited:
We are talking about California. Just look at the past few years, extremely liberal, bankrupt, Dream Act, Sanctuary Cities... Give it to Mexico...it's hopeless.

When henry ford opened the first assembly line was he gay or straight? history and stupid Californians need to know.

And yet if he were black , it WOULD be discussed during Black History Month. California is already required to include minority contributions in their Social Studies curriculum. This is just ADDING another minority.

Growing up a gay kid, I can tell you that I would have loved to learn about the contributions of LGBT Americans.

And yet if he were black , it WOULD be discussed during Black History Month. California is already required to include minority contributions in their Social Studies curriculum. This is just ADDING another minority.

Growing up a gay kid, I can tell you that I would have loved to learn about the contributions of LGBT Americans.

Was ben franklin Gay? Was it the electricity he was really after? Or just a thrill.

Why do I need to know the sexual orientation. In your best descript please.

Many innovators were considered insane at the time.

Not seeing anything here of value.

How is knowing about the obscure gay person who did something that wasn't terribly important going to help make these kids better workers?

Schools need to stop the political indoctrination bullshit and get back to the basics. Teach them to read, write, do math, and know some simple science and basic history.

Is this asking too much?

apparently, the answer is yes.

There's always a library. Self sufficiency is a wonderful thing. We cannot expect the schools to be the panacea for everythigng that is wrong in the world. It comes to a point the person should be responsible for things he needs, as in the knowledge and contributions of different segments of the population.

There's always a library. Self sufficiency is a wonderful thing. We cannot expect the schools to be the panacea for everythigng that is wrong in the world. It comes to a point the person should be responsible for things he needs, as in the knowledge and contributions of different segments of the population.

That can be said for EVERYTHING taught in schools. Are you a Glen Beck fan who thinks that we don't need an education system because the libraries are free?

Again, minority discussions are already mandated in Social Studies classes. This is just adding a discussion.

California's problems with its school system has nothing to do with teaching minority contributions in Social Studies. Take ALL minorities out of the curriculum and California will still have the same problems with its school system.

That can be said for EVERYTHING taught in schools. Are you a Glen Beck fan who thinks that we don't need an education system because the libraries are free?

Again, minority discussions are already mandated in Social Studies classes. This is just adding a discussion.

California's problems with its school system has nothing to do with teaching minority contributions in Social Studies. Take ALL minorities out of the curriculum and California will still have the same problems with its school system.

Especially if you replace those social studies with nothing.

What? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. The problems facing California schools has NOTHING to do with the curriculum...unless you count "No Child Left Behind" and the standardized tests (which, by the way, don't focus on Social Studies or Science much at all)

Curriculum like that being adopted in California is NOT the problem.

with internet these days what about learning this stuff on your own free time, instead of shoving it down the throats of people who do not want to know about it. :cuckoo:

Nice reply. I understand wanting to know about contributions. Now when sex is the invention I might come around. Until then I dont need to know, my family doesnt need to know.

I have several members of my family that are gay. My all time favorite aunt is gay. When I was 14 my mother told me she was gay. Turns out just bi.

But sexual orientation has nothing to do with invention.

This topic is an interest to you for the obvious reasons. So tell me about the inventions or the ideas that changed america, invention and ideas so profound I need to know how they swing.........................

with internet these days what about learning this stuff on your own free time, instead of shoving it down the throats of people who do not want to know about it. :cuckoo:

Do you feel the same way about Black History month? Native American History month? Should those topics not be discussed in California schools either or just this one?

Nice reply. I understand wanting to know about contributions. Now when sex is the invention I might come around. Until then I dont need to know, my family doesnt need to know.

I have several members of my family that are gay. My all time favorite aunt is gay. When I was 14 my mother told me she was gay. Turns out just bi.

But sexual orientation has nothing to do with invention.

This topic is an interest to you for the obvious reasons. So tell me about the inventions or the ideas that changed america, invention and ideas so profound I need to know how they swing.........................

Social studies classes have nothing to do with "invention" either. Do you object to talking about other minorities or just THIS one?

What? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. The problems facing California schools has NOTHING to do with the curriculum...unless you count "No Child Left Behind" and the standardized tests (which, by the way, don't focus on Social Studies or Science much at all)

Curriculum like that being adopted in California is NOT the problem.

Of course it is. The schools are teaching nothing but how to feel good! The standardized tests don't count because the schools LIE about the test scores. California pioneered grade inflation. California high school graduates can't read, they can't do simple arithmetic, they know nothing of history, either ours or the worlds. They can't find the nation on a geographical map. We graduate dolts. Who then can't find a job, MOSTLY because they can't read the want ads. You think that the cirriculum has nothing to do with this? That's bizarre. It begs only one question. How come California had a stellar educational record BEFORE these changes in the ciricculum?

To compound the abysmal lack of education in primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities have courses that are easy, fluffy, but prepare students to do nothing. Not only are the courses meaningless, but if a student for some reason fails even those, they can apply for a passing grade after failing and get it. Then they complain that they have a college degree and can't find a job. Most times they STILL can't read.

Forum List

Back