CDZ California has every single gun control law...and the Fresno killer killed 3 people with a gun....

Yet with very harsh gun laws in the UK, no one was shot in Greater London. Hmmm.
You are referring to a country of people who believe they are servants.
No, I am not. You clearly do not understand that the numbers indicate that you are safer in Greater London than in Los Angeles or New York on any given day. That has nothing to do with servitude.

I don't care whether I'm safer or not. Here I'm free.

I shouldn't have to quote Franklin to you.

Yet with very harsh gun laws in the UK, no one was shot in Greater London. Hmmm.
No, I am not. You clearly do not understand that the numbers indicate that you are safer in Greater London than in Los Angeles or New York on any given day. That has nothing to do with servitude.

I don't care whether I'm safer or not. Here I'm free.

I shouldn't have to quote Franklin to you.
You do not understand what Franklin meant. So educate me: be specific. And, no, you are not free. You do not understand what American liberty and freedom mean as terms and as reality.

You are not safer.......Britain is more violent and more dangerous than the United States...you will be robbed, raped, beaten and stabbed. The only thing that won't happen...is the criminal who uses a gun to rape, and rob you won't shoot and murder you with the gun....that's it.....

And the actual issue.....the British were told if they gave up their guns their gun murder rate would go down and their violent crime rate would go down...they gave up their guns...and what happened?

Their gun murder rate stayed the same....and their violent crime rate went through the roof........as I have linked to over and over again....in some places it is up over 90%...others over 70%....and over all, last year their violent crime rate was up 24%............

And in the U.S....where we increased gun ownership from 200 million guns to close to 400 million guns, and 4.7 million people carrying guns to over 15 million people carrying guns....

--our gun murder rate went down 49%.

--our gun crime rate went down 75%.

--our violent crime rate went down 72%.

--our accidental gun death rate went down.

Every thing the anti gunners say about gun ownership increasing gun murder and gun violence is proven wrong by the examples of Britain and the United States....

and it has nothing to do with law abiding people owning firearms

The gunners seem to think that the UK with its anti-gun laws is more dangerous than America. Silly people.

I do not really get the point of this thread.

It asked a question based on the event in California, and now you can include the attack in France....

So......what is the next law that you guys want...that won't work....?

I've come to the conclusion that liberals need guns...Lots of guns. Conservatives are insane and need to be held in check.
liberals only want criminals to have guns and the rest of us think that any law abiding person should be able to own and carry a firearm if they choose

now tell me which of those 2 positions is the insane one?

We have laws against murder....yet we still have murder
We have laws against rape ....yet still have rapes

I guess the only logical solution is not to have laws

I've come to the conclusion that liberals need guns...Lots of guns. Conservatives are insane and need to be held in check.
I highly recommend that you do not get a gun, because you might stick it in your mouth.

you can have all the laws you want but if you don't PUNISH people for breaking them then they are meaningless

you want to stop gun crime?

Then you put people who commit crimes with guns in prison for a LONG FUCKING TIME

That is what the anarchist are really arguing for when they whine about getting government out of our lives.
no it's more like telling the government to actually punish criminals for what they did and not law abiding people for what they MIGHT do

but you people can't seem to see the difference

Why do you guys keep using this dumb point?

The problem with gun laws is that anti gunners make laws that are used to punish people who want to own guns....they don't want laws that actually apply to real criminals, committing real crimes.

We already have all the laws we need to punish criminals who use guns to commit crimes...rape, robbery, murder. The problem is, that those same anti gunners, don't want to lock up actual criminals who use guns to commit crimes. In Illinois...the democrats have been fighting tougher prison time for repeat gun offenders......yes....they don't want to increase the prison time for violent felons, with long histories of crime who get caught over and over carrying and shooting illegally owned and carried guns.

Then anti gunners like you say the only conclusion to what we say ..........is to not have laws.

That is pretty stupid....

Then the laws you want in addition to the laws we already have....do nothing to actually stop criminals or mass shooters...but suspiciously make criminals out of law abiding gun owners who do not use their guns to commit crimes....but if they have one more bullet than 10 in their magazine...you want to turn them into felons.....if they fail to fill out the paperwork correctly when they buy their gun....you turn them into felons.....if they fail to renew their permit for their gun on time...you turn them into felons.....if they take their legally owned and carried gun into the wrong state where they don't allow that law abiding citizien to carry their legally owned gun....they not only get a felony, they face years in prison....and then need the New Jersey Governor to pardon them...or lose everything.....

And of course criminals won't do any of these things as they take their illegally acquired guns and actually use them to commit actual crimes...like rape, robbery and murder......

And the normal gun owner....who you turn into a felon over a process crime that has nothing to do with using a gun illegally to commit rape, robbery or murder....they will actually suffer real world consequences for being a felon....they will lose their jobs, they will spend time in jail, they will lose their homes, they will pay huge fines and legal fees......and not one violent crime will have been stopped by your laws......

But that isn't the point, is it?

You have a phobia about guns and a hatred for those who want to own guns....so your laws are simply meant to punish those people who want to own a gun.....you could not care less about the actual criminals....since you support allowing them back on the street over and over again....

And by making process crimes so complex.....so all encompassing to every aspect of owning a gun......once you turn a law abiding gun owner into a felon over the wrong number of bullets, a failed "i" dotted or "t" crossed on a gun form, or a missed renewal date........?

You get to ban that person from ever owning a gun again.....and you scare other normal people into ever wanting to own a gun for the fear of being turned into a felon...without ever taking the gun out of the holster and without ever firing a shot, or committing a rape, robbery or murder....

And that is why you use that silly talking point about just not having any laws....

The gunners seem to think that the UK with its anti-gun laws is more dangerous than America. Silly people.
and you people seem to think there is no violent crime in the UK
Skull thinks silly: gun violence is somewhere between 1:12 to 1:18 in comparison.

Gun violence in the U.S. since the 1990s.....down 75%....gun murder...down 49%....violent crime...down 72%

In Britain...gun violence in London last year ...up 49%......violent crime up 24%....and in some places in Britain.....

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

mail

That is what the anarchist are really arguing for when they whine about getting government out of our lives.

If gun laws cannot stop every possible gun murder....there is no need for gun laws

Forum List

Back