California Decriminalized Shoplifting for Amounts Under $950, Guess What Happened

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Mish Talk ^ | 10/25/2021 | Mike Shedlock

Walgreens closed 22 stores in San Francisco where thefts under $950 are effectively decriminalized...

Shoplifter’s Paradise

Please note San Francisco Has Become a Shoplifter’s Paradise

Theft in Walgreens’ San Francisco stores is four times the average for stores elsewhere in the country, and the chain spends 35 times more on security guards in the city than elsewhere,” reported the San Francisco Chronicle.
Earlier this year, a spokesman for CVS, which has closed at least two stores, told CNN that of its 155 locations in the Bay Area, the 12 in San Francisco account for 26% of all shoplifting incidents in the region.
Much of this lawlessness can be linked to Proposition 47, a California ballot initiative passed in 2014, under which theft of less than $950 in goods is treated as a nonviolent misdemeanor and rarely prosecuted.
Meanwhile, politically progressive local prosecutors from Los Angeles to Philadelphia and New York compete to see who can prosecute the fewest people.

Just Plain Crazy

This is just plain crazy. And it's another reason for the big backlash I expect in the 2022 midterm elections.

School boards, crime, racist college admissions that favor blacks who cannot read, and critical race theory crammed down kids throats are all part of the extreme Left madness sweeping the country.

In February, I noted Coca Cola Confirms Training Employees ‘Try To Be Less White’

In July, I commented Critical Race Theory Should Be Banned, and a Black Parent Explains Why

"Educators use CRT as their own agenda, to indoctrinate the kids to hate each other," said one black parent to a rousing round of applause at a school board meeting.
In May I noted College Entrance Exam SAT Score Racial Profiling: 964=1223

Welcome to new math that says an SAT score of 964 equals a score of 1223.

We can’t sit on our hands and ignore the disparities of wealth reflected in the SAT,claim college administrators.

To compensate for the fact that Blacks score lower on average than Asians and Whites, SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’.

And so here we are. Shoplifting is the fault of Walgreens, not the shoplifters.

This makes about as much sense as everything else sweeping the country.

And the libtard media runs moronic pieces of black people saying “food deserts” and other stores pulling out of their areas is racist.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how many of them stores did the city need in the first place for there to be so many? Are there any of them left there?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My city only has three, but we also have two CVS Pharmacy buildings. At one point we also had a Rite Aid building, but it closed sometime ago.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how many of them stores did the city need in the first place for there to be so many? Are there any of them left there?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My city only has three, but we also have two CVS Pharmacy buildings. At one point we also had a Rite Aid building, but it closed sometime ago.

They started off with a few over 50 stores. "need" is subjective I suppose. My city has more CVS's than Walgreens but those two feud a lot for market share. There is one place in town where CVS bought both sides of the road before they built just to keep Walgreen's from being able to build across the street from them.

Mish Talk ^ | 10/25/2021 | Mike Shedlock

Walgreens closed 22 stores in San Francisco where thefts under $950 are effectively decriminalized...

Shoplifter’s Paradise

Please note San Francisco Has Become a Shoplifter’s Paradise

Just Plain Crazy

This is just plain crazy. And it's another reason for the big backlash I expect in the 2022 midterm elections.

School boards, crime, racist college admissions that favor blacks who cannot read, and critical race theory crammed down kids throats are all part of the extreme Left madness sweeping the country.

In February, I noted Coca Cola Confirms Training Employees ‘Try To Be Less White’

In July, I commented Critical Race Theory Should Be Banned, and a Black Parent Explains Why

In May I noted College Entrance Exam SAT Score Racial Profiling: 964=1223

Welcome to new math that says an SAT score of 964 equals a score of 1223.

To compensate for the fact that Blacks score lower on average than Asians and Whites, SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’.

And so here we are. Shoplifting is the fault of Walgreens, not the shoplifters.

This makes about as much sense as everything else sweeping the country.

And the libtard media runs moronic pieces of black people saying “food deserts” and other stores pulling out of their areas is racist.
Equal protection of the at-will employment laws can help solve this problem as well. What is wrong with the morality of bearing true witness to our at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a bunch of stuff up to the register, had it scanned, "that's 961 dollars please" and them saying "ok I don't want this 20 dollar blu ray" and then picking up the stuff and walking out with it.

Meanwhile I am trying to pay my credit card down so on Black Friday I can buy some games and movies I want like a responsible citizen others get to just go steal what they want.

When I was a kid I stuffed like 10 packs of garbage pail kids cards into my socks at a convenance store and I felt bad about it and never really stole again. Later I had someone steal from me and it was an awful feeling. I just can't do it.

Pretty good reason for more businesses to get the hell out of Cali.

Walgreens is country wide so they should just close the store in Cali and concentrate on the other 49 states.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

San Francisco is a really big city.

Equal protection of the at-will employment laws can help solve this problem as well. What is wrong with the morality of bearing true witness to our at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States?
This is gibberish

Do you believe we would have more shoplifting problems or fewer shoplifting problems with equal protection of the at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation?
I dont know what that means and I doubt if you do either

Forum List

Back