California city approves 25 cent fee on disposable cups

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
California city approves 25-cent fee on disposable cups
Patrons of restaurants and coffee shops in Berkeley, California, who don't bring a reusable cup for their beverage will have to pay a 25-cent fee for a disposable cup as part of an ordinance approved by city officials to reduce restaurant waste.

upload_2019-1-24_17-14-2.png

Well I guess if you are . a dumbass leftist liberal you will think this is just amazing. LMAO

Last edited:
Patrons of restaurants and coffee shops in Berkeley, California, who don't bring a reusable cup for their beverage will have to pay a 25-cent fee for a disposable cup as part of an ordinance approved by city officials to reduce restaurant waste.

Well I guess if you are . a dumbass leftist liberal you will think this is just amazing. LMAO
Do you live in Cali?

Don't restaurants and coffee shops in Berkley know that they can provide cups for their patrons? Maybe they are saving their carbon credits by not washing dishes?

picture of plastic island in the pacific - Google Search

I know this is one of the first step in saving our planet from human behavior, and your thread was researched in Donald Trump's colon.

An Island of plastic in the Pacific:

upload_2019-1-24_16-40-51.jpeg

I suppose Mindwars needs to spend hours getting .25 cents panhandling.

I know this is one of the first step in saving our planet from human behavior, and your thread was researched in Donald Trump's colon.

View attachment 241907

Most of that plastic comes from India and China. Your cups not even your straws will deal with that.

View attachment 241907

Most of that plastic comes from India and China. Your cups not even your straws will deal with that.
Really? I would like to see some reading on that , please.

Gotta say, depending on where I am buying my coffee, I have my own travel cup because it only costs me a dollar for a refill. I despise Styrofoam and avoid using it at all costs. The chemicals leach into the hot liquid and I have no desire to imbibe those chemicals. The restaurants I frequent actually provide real cups for coffee, teac, etc. Paper cups are okay with me, I just burn them with the rest of the trash.

Forum List

Back