Caitlin Clark

Remember I'm a white man who lives in Trump country. Don't try to bullshit me. Not Serena's demographic.

I feel like I see it here too. A lot of cons on this board love hockey and baseball not football and basketball. ESPECIALLY basketball. I hear the comments about what they think. And back when the Redwings and Piston's were good (2004) I would go to sports bars and ask them to put just 1 of their 20 tv's on the Piston's game. They refused. That year the Wings got knocked out early. The bars were empty and all the tv's were on the Piston's. Then the Piston's made the finals and suddenly the bar is full of people who didn't want to watch it 2 weeks ago.
Remember your anecdotal “evidence” doesn’t mean anything. Beyond it being just you saying it, even if we accept that what you’re saying is true evidence of a bar or a couple bars having people who don’t like basketball isn’t proof of anything.

UM football is wildly popular. Like cult like popularity.

Lions football popular.

Pistons popular.

Per the usual you’re full of shit

But I know a guy.....
Remember your anecdotal “evidence” doesn’t mean anything. Beyond it being just you saying it, even if we accept that what you’re saying is true evidence of a bar or a couple bars having people who don’t like basketball isn’t proof of anything.

Lions football popular.

Pistons popular.

Hey now, my cousin Ralph lives in Detroit and he doesn’t care about the Lions.. so take that!

Lions football popular.

Pistons popular.

I think you'll see a lot of empty seats at the Piston's games but that's good to hear they are still getting at least enough fans that they aren't in jeopardy of moving.

This year we got the 5th pick? I think last year we also didn't get into the top 4 so no chance at getting the number one pick.

The good news is it seems like Football and Basketball have made it so bad teams can rebuild and eventually be good again. OKC, Indiana, Minnesota, Spurs, Knicks. If they can do it Detroit has hope of eventually putting a good squad together that can at least compete.

I think you'll see a lot of empty seats at the Piston's games but that's good to hear they are still getting at least enough fans that they aren't in jeopardy of moving.

This year we got the 5th pick? I think last year we also didn't get into the top 4 so no chance at getting the number one pick.

The good news is it seems like Football and Basketball have made it so bad teams can rebuild and eventually be good again. OKC, Indiana, Minnesota, Spurs, Knicks. If they can do it Detroit has hope of eventually putting a good squad together that can at least compete.
Wow you really sprinted from getting pinned down by Couchpotato and changed the subject in a hurry... perhaps you should stand up and take being smacked down like an adult.

You made major claims based on mere anecdotal evidence. Couch rightly pointed out that not only were your claims wrong, but anecdotal evidence doesn't mean sh_t.

What do you have to say for yourself? Why should anyone take you seriously at this point?

Those that say the only reason she’s being celebrated is because she’s white (which many hosts/personalities are). That is them
Discrediting her based on her skin color.

Plus, it’s clearly promoting a “basketball is our game” mantra in the black community.. which is again, racist, because it’s based on race only
Why do you think she's getting all this attention after losing her last game as a student and entering the league to four straight losses?

Why do you think she's getting all this attention after losing her last game as a student and entering the league to four straight losses?
Because she played ball like Steph Curry in college. She was clearly the greatest women's college Bball player for years... so people payed attention because of her numbers and her style... like Steph Curry.

You can choose to hate on her because of her skin color, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. For all I can tell, you're Sunny Hostin's burner account. You'll seek race issues under any rock you can find.

Because she played ball like Steph Curry in college. She was clearly the greatest women's college Bball player for years... so people payed attention because of her numbers and her style... like Steph Curry.

You can choose to hate on her because of her skin color, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. For all I can tell, you're Sunny Hostin's burner account. You'll seek race issues under any rock you can find.
I don't hate her, no one hates her.

Where do you get that crap from, is it some sort of projection?

The recent few months is the most publicity women's basketball has gotten. It would not even exist without heavy subsidization.

While Clarke is being targeted and opposed by woke media because she’s white, I don’t find this as a “snub” based on merit. If they had her on it would be to drum up interest, but I always thought putting Christian Laettner on the 92 dream team was dumb, so I’ll hold the same standard here. Let Clarke establish herself professionally, then she can be an Olympian

Forum List

Back