Cain: Black community 'brainwashed' into voting for Dems

I am not at all surprised to see comments already popping up attacking Democrats and attacking the Black Community.

I am also not surprised to see NO comments on how Cain or the GOP could benefit the Black Community.

The Democrats aren't perfect, but until the GOP at least TRIES to help the Black Community, African-Americans will continue to favour the Democrats.

I'm curious...what Democratic initiatives do you think have "helped" the Black Community

Ok. This will be fun. I'll name a recent initiative or policy or stance from the Democrats and then you name one for the GOP.

Democrats are pro-choice
Democrats are pro-public education, for free.
Democrats are pro student aid for college students.
Democrats are pro affordable access to health care.

Oops! That's four. Ok. Your turn.

Republicans are anti-abortion (regardless of color)
Republicans are advocates for school choice

Your last 2 aren't really big things with the black community.

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Telling how Cain and other conservatives fail to understand that Blacks might support democratic policies because they believe those policies are the best for America, just like millions of white, Hispanic, and Asian Americans – none of whom subject to ‘brainwashing.’

(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

I am not at all surprised to see comments already popping up attacking Democrats and attacking the Black Community.

I am also not surprised to see NO comments on how Cain or the GOP could benefit the Black Community.

The Democrats aren't perfect, but until the GOP at least TRIES to help the Black Community, African-Americans will continue to favour the Democrats.
What is "the black community"? Do blacks have their own places in which they MUST live? Their own communities?
What "help" should be offered to this "community"?

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

Why can't dem's consider blacks just like everybody else?

Why do dems paint them as something different than other americans?

Why do dems always paint them as people who can't think for themselves, do for themselves, or survive without the government coddling them?

Why doesn't your beloved Obama ever visit black ghetto areas?

Why are dems so damn racist when it comes to blacks?

Ok. This will be fun. I'll name a recent initiative or policy or stance from the Democrats and then you name one for the GOP.

Still haven't seen even one listed guys. Come on, there has to be at least ONE thing the GOP is for that will benefit the Black Community, right?

You can't think of even one thing?
Treat them like normal americans.

Which is something you dems can't seem to undertand.

It's you idiots who keep the blacks in their place. Keep them down to be used as a voting bloc. Keep treating them like they are les then everybody else. Keep telling them they will never survive without the all mighty government dictating their every step.

Cain was absolutely right. As is Bill Cosby, the Mayor of Philly, and many other successful blacks who you idiots consider nothing more than "Uncle Tom's".

I'm curious...what Democratic initiatives do you think have "helped" the Black Community

Democrats are pro-choice
Democrats are pro-public education, for free.
Democrats are pro student aid for college students.
Democrats are pro affordable access to health care.

Oops! That's four. Ok. Your turn.
Setting aside the choice issue because that is a social and not an economic issue,
* Education is not "free"...Public education is funded by tax dollars. Tax dollars that must be collected from the public.
College student aid is perhaps one the most abused and fraud ridden programs administered by the federal government.
What is "affordable access to health care"? Be specific. Note....anyone at any time can walk or be transported to a public hospital and receive the care they require.
If by "Affordable" you mean free from out of pocket on demand care for ANY malady whatsoever, forget it. Medical care eventually has to be paid for.

Cain is 100% right! Just as Jews are brainwashed into voting for Dimocrats and Latinos and Union members are brought by the Dimocrats!

Cain is the best AMERICAN candidate to hit the stage in 100 years! If we don't vote in Cain then we are missing big time! I hope Cain wins and nabs Romney or Huntsman as VP!

Cain will put the country back on track!

Cain is BIPO.

Hopefully you will live long enough to see President Cain in action. Then maybe a worthless old liberal like you will see the errors in your ways before you meet the maker!

Other than Martin Luther King Jr. and Fredrick Douglass, I can't see a better American of African dissent in history of this great country than Herman Cain!

Nevertheless Cain is the best AMERICAN to lead this country!

Well said. No brainwashing is involved.
Does one vote for a party sworn to cut off your money?
Do corp supporting republicans vote for dems who want to cut off corporate tax breaks or increase regulations on corporations?

Just kind of a Duhh thing.
Cut off WHO's money?
See this is exactly why you libs get your selves into so much trouble. This is also why most liberals refuse to accept they are liberal.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqeUlAmUXb4&feature=player]"NUMBER ONE KILLER" by TheRadianceFoundation.org & NBPC - YouTube[/ame]

So what per-centage of blacks vote for demorats soley for the purpose of welfare checks? and how many of them use some of that money to buy&resell drugs? especially in east LA, those drug lords had to start somewhere (like with their first monthly welfare check?)

This is where you fail. We are Americans. There is no 'black' comunity. That is racism in its finest, defining a person or group of people by their skin color and NOT their character. What do you libs not get about simply helping Americans because they are Americans and not creating racist legislation that targets ONE group over another, helps one person over another or gives to one person or another based solely on their race. There is no legislation that should ever exist that takes race into account or that tries to help one race because of race alone. That is the pitfall that you continually fall in.

Liberals point at conservatives and claim racism all the while not realizing that it is, in fact, they who are the racist for perpetuating a false belief that any one race should ever be treated differently than another race.

As to your list - none of those things are targeted for the black community and none of them have helped them.

Specifically - public education is laughable. The right is not against a free public education. The right actually believes that you should have far more power in your choice of schools. It is the left that has continually doomed the poor to worthless education that amounts to little more than a daycare. Because of the left, all initiatives that might have allowed inner city children that are going to worthless schools the chance to go to another school have been blocked. We can't even get an honest conversation about vouchers. You don't even have the right to transfer a student from one district to another all in the name of 'fairness.'

Face it, the left has done nothing for the minority community and even less for the poor.

Why can't dem's consider blacks just like everybody else?

Why do dems paint them as something different than other americans?

Why do dems always paint them as people who can't think for themselves, do for themselves, or survive without the government coddling them?

Why doesn't your beloved Obama ever visit black ghetto areas?

Why are dems so damn racist when it comes to blacks?

Didn't some guy in the DNC once say something like "There is no black America. There is no white America. There is the United States of America."

Pity he didn't mean those words, because I'd vote for that guy.

Well said. No brainwashing is involved.
Does one vote for a party sworn to cut off your money?
Do corp supporting republicans vote for dems who want to cut off corporate tax breaks or increase regulations on corporations?

Just kind of a Duhh thing.

Cut off whose money? Do you have a link to any member of the GOP saying they want to cut off any Americans access to their own money?

Or do you mean they want to encourage blacks - along with everyone else - to earn their own living? What exactly is so awful about that? Surely, working is preferable to hand outs? Or do you not think blacks are capable of standing on their own two feet?

Are you a racist?

Cain is BIPO.

Hopefully you will live long enough to see President Cain in action. Then maybe a worthless old liberal like you will see the errors in your ways before you meet the maker!

Other than Martin Luther King Jr. and Fredrick Douglass, I can't see a better American of African dissent in history of this great country than Herman Cain!

Nevertheless Cain is the best AMERICAN to lead this country!

MLK was a Republican, he was conservative and believed men should be treated equal. Not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. He wanted his family, black people everywhere, to have the same opportunities as every one else. Never once did he expect the government to treat anyone differently based on the color of their skin, no no, he didn't want his family on welfare or government hand outs. He only wanted them to have the chance to work for a fair wage to support those they love.

MLK was as conservative as you can get, so is Herman Cain!!

Last edited:
Oh boo hoo, his comments seems OFFENSIVE. Maybe they will wake up some people and they will think about what he is saying.

Yeah, that will get him a lot of black votes. You're brainwashed, vote for me. The man is a genius. :cuckoo:
I guess he thinks blacks are stupid. Doesn't say much for him.

Telling how Cain and other conservatives fail to understand that Blacks might support democratic policies because they believe those policies are the best for America, just like millions of white, Hispanic, and Asian Americans – none of whom subject to ‘brainwashing.’

Blacks and whites support Democratic policies because they believe those policies will help THEMSELVES.
Nothing to do about America.

Blacks and whites support Democratic policies because they believe those policies will help THEMSELVES.
Nothing to do about America.

bingo

Forum List

Back