Caffeine Fix!

I have a question and don't feel like starting a thread about it.
How does one quote only part of a previous post? And how does one perform multiple quotes from previous posts. Talk about confused. :confused:

To quote part of a post click the quote button, which quotes the whole thing, then just delete what you don't want.

To multi-quote click the plus button (bottom right, next to the quote button) on whatever posts you want to multi-quote then hit the post reply button.[/QUOTE]

Many of us caffine snobs demand that our coffee be brewed from FRESH GROUND beans.

Ergo, we actually have to get up to brew our daily bean and cannot preset it up the night before.

So one of you bright inventors might make a fortune inventing a coffee machine that one can preset to grind the whole beans that morning, and brew our coffee on schedule, all in one fell swoop.

You might also consider setting it up such that we can load up a pound or two of beans so we don't have to bother with that every night, and set it up so that it automatically adds fresh cold water right before it brews, too. Fresh cold water makes superior coffee to water sitting around all night waiting to be turned into coffee

Seriously, I'd buy that rig wasn't too dear.

Uhm ... okay. THAT went horribly wrong. LOL
I'm not incompetent, I swear! Going to try again.

It's the ]QUOTE[ crap that's messing me up.

Many of us caffine snobs demand that our coffee be brewed from FRESH GROUND beans.

Ergo, we actually have to get up to brew our daily bean and cannot preset it up the night before.

So one of you bright inventors might make a fortune inventing a coffee machine that one can preset to grind the whole beans that morning, and brew our coffee on schedule, all in one fell swoop.

You might also consider setting it up such that we can load up a pound or two of beans so we don't have to bother with that every night, and set it up so that it automatically adds fresh cold water right before it brews, too. Fresh cold water makes superior coffee to water sitting around all night waiting to be turned into coffee

I think a maid would fit the bill.

How does one quote only part of a previous post? And how does one perform multiple quotes from previous posts. Talk about confused. :confused:

To quote part of a post click the quote button, which quotes the whole thing, then just delete what you don't want.

To multi-quote click the plus button (bottom right, next to the quote button) on whatever posts you want to multi-quote then hit the post reply button.
[/quote]

Bingo! And for any stray [ quote ] tags (like the one above) just delete them. Sometimes a little tweaking is necessary when multi-quoting.

I said I'd shut up . . . I lied!

See the second quote above? I said that not you. This is where you have to look to see who you're quoting. You deleted my quote tag so it quoted you as saying what I said and it messes up quotes that follow it. (Like the Bingo! part above isn't in quotes). Just practice and preview your posts . . . you'll figure it out. :)

Last edited:

Grinder-Brewer Combos - Coffee Maker Reviews

Okay, now Zoom-boing is just showing off. LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Oh the other thing when multi-quoting . . . . you have to make sure you're quoting the right person. I've seen posts that quote the wrong person because the wrong tag got deleted. If you preview if first you can usually avoid this. Ok, I'll shut up now! :D

Last edited:

THAT is a great idea! And I agree that fresh cold water makes a superior pot of coffee. One would have to have this machine installed in their kitchen in such a way that it's hooked up to the cold water. Pour the beans in at night so when the programmed times hits, the beans start thier grind and the cold water gets pumped into the machine. Wake up, enter the kitchen and grab you cup! Perfect!

You are aware that the coffee beans that you use to grind your coffee, unless they were handed to you by Juan hisself, are stale and it is your imagination that lets you believe that a freshly ground pot of coffee tastes better?

If you want to be considered an elite coffee drinker, you would have to get up every day, pick and roast your beans, grind them while they are still warm and then make your brew.

Now that is the ultimate cuppa joe.

I have a grinder and was buying the best beans one could buy. Even purchased some from Columbia via the net. Made no difference. Once a bean sits in a bag for more than a week, it isn't any better than that can of Folgers.

BTW...I saw a maker that had a place for putting the whole beans. You just came in, push the button and it ground the coffee, moved it to the basket and brewed it. I didn't notice if it had a timer or not.

Last edited:
Okay, now Zoom-boing is just showing off. LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Oh the other thing when multi-quoting . . . . you have to make sure your quoting the right person. I've seen posts that quote the wrong person because the wrong tag got deleted. If you preview if first you can usually avoid this. Ok, I'll shut up now! :D

No. No need to shut up. I appreaciate your help.
I'm just trying to figure out where I highlight and delete to when getting rid of what I don't want. The
thing is the cause of my problem. I'll work on it.

To multi-quote click the plus button (bottom right, next to the quote button) on whatever posts you want to multi-quote then hit the post reply button.

Bingo! And for any stray [ quote ] tags (like the one above) just delete them. Sometimes a little tweaking is necessary when multi-quoting.[/quote]

See the second quote above? I said that not you. This is where you have to look to see who you're quoting. You deleted my quote tag so it quoted you as saying what I said.[/quote]
Use the preview button so you can avoid these little embarrassing quote tags just hanging out there for the world to see.

:lol:

Bingo! And for any stray [ quote ] tags (like the one above) just delete them. Sometimes a little tweaking is necessary when multi-quoting.

See the second quote above? I said that not you. This is where you have to look to see who you're quoting. You deleted my quote tag so it quoted you as saying what I said.[/quote]
Use the preview button so you can avoid these little embarrassing quote tags just hanging out there for the world to see.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

See how messed up things can get when just one little quote tag gets deleted? :lol:

See the second quote above? I said that not you. This is where you have to look to see who you're quoting. You deleted my quote tag so it quoted you as saying what I said.

:lol:[/quote]

See how messed up things can get when just one little quote tag gets deleted? :lol:[/quote]

I know. I left it like that on purpose.....:razz:

Forum List

Back