Showing My Age: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and "I Swear". What if....

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Complicated thought here but it's a slow night on the floor.

There was a song a co-worker of mine was listening to the other day. She called it a "classic". It was "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith...most know it as being from Armageddon....released in 1998. She's like 21 so this is "classic" to her. LOL. Anyway, I pointed out that fellow Texan Mark Chessnut (sp?) released the same song virtually at the same time. She didn't care. Then I bored the living snot out of her with this other song. There was another genre bender with "I Swear" by John Michael Montgomery--a country artist. Virtually at the same time a R&B version was release by a group called All-4-One. In both cases it was the same song just sang differently and marketed for a different audience.

Given that there are multiple platforms on which to watch TV shows now--streaming and broadcast TV--I was wondering if we may see something like this in the motion picture realm. Like, to use a familiar series and a spin off; Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Maybe we will see, instead of a spin off, both shows released at one time. Or perhaps three shows at one time. It wasn't ever produced--to the best of my knowledge--but what was Gus Fring doing while Walt and Jesse were cooking? Have all three shows going at once and have the plots interwoven when the story lines cross. Maybe this is being done already on a lesser known show. I cut the chord about a year or so ago so I'm not up on current broadcast TV.

But what I'm envisioning is this. Have two different story lines running simultaneously on different platforms. For example...

On AMC, there is Breaking Bad. On the AMC on basic cable, you have....
Walt gets cancer and starts cooking meth to set up his family after he passes away. He goes into remission and begins to get into the "empire business".

But on AMC+ (the streaming service you have to pay for), you have....
Walt gets cancer and starts cooking meth to set up his family. But lets say that he doesn't meet Jesse but Hank is a dirty DEA agent and sets him up with Fring or someone else earlier.

Where I think there would be a great audience is in the romantic comedy area myself. Its a movie but there were hundreds of TV shows just like it....instead of Bella going for Edward, have an alternate storyline (again at the same time) where she ends up with Jacob.

Show her some real classics!

If - Bread.
We're all alone - Rita cooledge
Love reign O'er me - Who
Wildflower - Skylark

There was a song a co-worker of mine was listening to the other day. She called it a "classic". It was "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith...most know it as being from Armageddon....released in 1998. She's like 21 so this is "classic" to her. LOL. Anyway, I pointed out that fellow Texan Mark Chessnut (sp?) released the same song virtually at the same time. She didn't care. Then I bored the living snot out of her with this other song. There was another genre bender with "I Swear" by John Michael Montgomery--a country artist. Virtually at the same time a R&B version was release by a group called All-4-One. In both cases it was the same song just sang differently and marketed for a different audience.

Given that there are multiple platforms on which to watch TV shows now--streaming and broadcast TV--I was wondering if we may see something like this in the motion picture realm. Like, to use a familiar series and a spin off; Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Maybe we will see, instead of a spin off, both shows released at one time. Or perhaps three shows at one time. It wasn't ever produced--to the best of my knowledge--but what was Gus Fring doing while Walt and Jesse were cooking? Have all three shows going at once and have the plots interwoven when the story lines cross. Maybe this is being done already on a lesser known show. I cut the chord about a year or so ago so I'm not up on current broadcast TV.

But what I'm envisioning is this. Have two different story lines running simultaneously on different platforms. For example...

Walt gets cancer and starts cooking meth to set up his family after he passes away. He goes into remission and begins to get into the "empire business".

Walt gets cancer and starts cooking meth to set up his family. But lets say that he doesn't meet Jesse but Hank is a dirty DEA agent and sets him up with Fring or someone else earlier.

Where I think there would be a great audience is in the romantic comedy area myself. Its a movie but there were hundreds of TV shows just like it....instead of Bella going for Edward, have an alternate storyline (again at the same time) where she ends up with Jacob.
I have given up and realized if I wanna hear "my music" I gotta got to classic rack stations.

Would be cool.

I would love to see some Blacklist spinoffs. Hard to beat James Spader though.

I have given up and realized if I wanna hear "my music" I gotta got to classic rack stations.

Yeah.....but I used to tell my kids I'll be finding my music on the radio long after their 90's stuff was dead and buried.

Classic "rack" station.......... :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

That's that song off the Aerosmith album where every song is the same song.

Gah! I give up trying to find the video. Adam Sandler combines all of them on SNL. It was funny..and true.

"Amaza-Crazy-Cryin'-Crazy"

'I don't want to miss a thing" - by the band previously known as Aerosmith.

Aerosmith disbanded in 1977 following their last album "Draw the Line".
At which time a new band formed where all of the other band members turned cucks and allowed Steven Tyler to totally dominate and turned the band into a pop song machine.
Releasing their first album entitled "Night in the Ruts" in 1979 that no one liked, and virtually no one ever heard of. It wasn't until 1982 on their 2nd album "Rock in a Hard Place" where they attempted to mimmick the original band by producing a more rock sound.
But Tyler said 'fuck it", joined up with MTV glitz, made a few pop records with other bands and they released their third album half heartedly because Tyler didn't really care about the band by this point - and it is considered by many the worst album the band ever created.

Forum List

Back