By the standard the DOJ set for Trump associates, Hunter Biden should be charged

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Unequal application of the laws has been the method of the FBI/DoJ. Political hacks are what they have become, a subsidiary of the Democratic Party.

So, we watch and wonder.

As US Attorney David Weiss leads a long line of witnesses before a grand jury, Washington is preparing for the possibility of an indictment of the son of President Joe Biden, Hunter. This has led to a nosebleed of a turn for the media, as major outlets suddenly acknowledge that the story that they tried to kill in 2020 is in fact legitimate.

Many legal experts have insisted that any prosecution for tax violations would be uncommon or unwarranted because Hunter Biden belatedly paid taxes after the start of the investigation. However, not only are tax and international transactional violations still possible, there is a looming threat of charges under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

This week, I testified in the House Judiciary Committee on enhancements of FARA and was asked whether Hunter Biden could be charged under the act. The answer is clearly yes. Indeed, if the Justice Department applies the standard used in the Paul Manafort case, it would seem like such a charge is not just possible, but even probable.

The similarities of the Manafort and Biden cases are striking. On a personal level, both men had ravenous levels of material consumption. Where Manafort had his $15,000 ostrich coat, Biden had his high-priced hookers and $143,000 Fisker sports car. Both burned through money and found themselves with towering debts.

However, the greatest similarities is how they paid those bills. The Manafort indictment included charges for lobbying on behalf of the Ukrainian government and Ukrainian political parties from 2008 to 2014. He did not register under FARA, which has sweeping terms covering such work.

While FARA was rarely used for criminal investigations and prosecutions, special counsel Robert Mueller seemed to charge by the gross under the act. He hit a line of Trump associates with such allegations from Manafort to Michael Flynn to George Papadopoulos to Rick Gates. More recently, the Justice Department used FARA to conduct searches on the homes and files of former Trump counsel Rudy Giuliani, Republican counsel Victoria Toensing and others.

The recent use of FARA was celebrated by legal experts and media figures. Now, however, Hunter Biden is the target and the evidence against him on FARA may actually be worse than Manafort in some respects.

Federal investigators raided and seized 18 devices from Rudy Giuliani’s Manhattan office and apartment last year.Edmund J Coppa

In Biden’s laptop, there are hundreds of e-mails detailing work with “foreign principals,” which can include not just foreign governments or foreign agencies, but foreign-based companies, nonprofits and individuals, including Americans living in foreign countries. That would covers companies like CEFC, which had close ties to the Chinese government.

Unequal application of the laws has been the method of the FBI/DoJ. Political hacks are what they have become, a subsidiary of the Democratic Party.

So, we watch and wonder.

As US Attorney David Weiss leads a long line of witnesses before a grand jury, Washington is preparing for the possibility of an indictment of the son of President Joe Biden, Hunter. This has led to a nosebleed of a turn for the media, as major outlets suddenly acknowledge that the story that they tried to kill in 2020 is in fact legitimate.
Many legal experts have insisted that any prosecution for tax violations would be uncommon or unwarranted because Hunter Biden belatedly paid taxes after the start of the investigation. However, not only are tax and international transactional violations still possible, there is a looming threat of charges under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
This week, I testified in the House Judiciary Committee on enhancements of FARA and was asked whether Hunter Biden could be charged under the act. The answer is clearly yes. Indeed, if the Justice Department applies the standard used in the Paul Manafort case, it would seem like such a charge is not just possible, but even probable.
The similarities of the Manafort and Biden cases are striking. On a personal level, both men had ravenous levels of material consumption. Where Manafort had his $15,000 ostrich coat, Biden had his high-priced hookers and $143,000 Fisker sports car. Both burned through money and found themselves with towering debts.
However, the greatest similarities is how they paid those bills. The Manafort indictment included charges for lobbying on behalf of the Ukrainian government and Ukrainian political parties from 2008 to 2014. He did not register under FARA, which has sweeping terms covering such work.
While FARA was rarely used for criminal investigations and prosecutions, special counsel Robert Mueller seemed to charge by the gross under the act. He hit a line of Trump associates with such allegations from Manafort to Michael Flynn to George Papadopoulos to Rick Gates. More recently, the Justice Department used FARA to conduct searches on the homes and files of former Trump counsel Rudy Giuliani, Republican counsel Victoria Toensing and others.
The recent use of FARA was celebrated by legal experts and media figures. Now, however, Hunter Biden is the target and the evidence against him on FARA may actually be worse than Manafort in some respects.
Federal investigators raided and seized 18 devices from Rudy Giuliani’s Manhattan office and apartment last year.Edmund J Coppa
In Biden’s laptop, there are hundreds of e-mails detailing work with “foreign principals,” which can include not just foreign governments or foreign agencies, but foreign-based companies, nonprofits and individuals, including Americans living in foreign countries. That would covers companies like CEFC, which had close ties to the Chinese government.

What will likely happen is that investigations into Hunter Biden and Trump's children will be dropped around the same time due to the corrupt, sleazy model of governance we've succumbed to.

What will likely happen is that investigations into Hunter Biden and Trump's children will be dropped around the same time due to the corrupt, sleazy model of governance we've succumbed to.

Trump and his children are not the topic.

Thats the "standards" the DNC has as well.

No laws for ME, but all the laws for YOU!!

Just like here where I live. The fucking pigs here are corrupt as hell!!! Talk about NEEDING to be defunded!!!! What a waste of tax payers money they are! EVERYBODY in this city can kill, maim, destroy, SPEED thru red lights, SPEED thru stop signs, drive in the dark with NO headlights on, drive on the WRONG side of the roads.........EXCEPT ME!!! OMFG!!! I go ONE FUCKING MILE over the speed limit, and I've every goddamned, muthafukkin corrupt pig in a 20 mile radius on my rear bumper!!!

I've called the local politicians, I've called the "police" chief, I've called the mayor to see how *I* can get on the list of psychopathic, murderous lunatics that can do as they please without the "police" EVER interfering........and they all told me "there's no such list"!! If that's TRUE, then all these wastes of tax dollars need to be exterminated.

When the GOP wins back congress...Biden will be impeached....and removed from office for taking bribes from China, Ukraine, and Russia. He will also be charged with refusing to defend the Southern Borders and for trying to destroy our sources of energy.
Kamala Harris will be charged with the same crimes and removed from office.
The new Speaker of the House will be a Republican and he will become POTUS.

When the GOP wins back congress...Biden will be impeached....and removed from office for taking bribes from China, Ukraine, and Russia. He will also be charged with refusing to defend the Southern Borders and for trying to destroy our sources of energy.
Kamala Harris will be charged with the same crimes and removed from office.
The new Speaker of the House will be a Republican and he will become POTUS.
If I were you I'd hold my breath till it happens.

Bu, bu. bu. but Trump is different. He's not a Democrat. Progressive Maoist Democrats only go after those that are different in ideology.
We all know that Joey Xi bragged about his extortion of the Ukrainian leader to fire the prosecuting attorney looking into Burisma dealings with Hunter.
We have testimony of Tony Bobulinski.
We have Hunter's laptop computer(s) in the custody of the FBI now claims are lost.
Then there's the Democrat majority of Congress and the Biden appointed AG that refuses to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the corrupt traitorous improprieties and criminal actions of Joe Biden, his son, and brothers.
It's been reported that Hunter Biden paid $1 million to the IRS in a settlement for non-payment of taxes, or in laymen's terms tax evasion. Just how many millions Hunter owe the IRS for his ill-gotten gains?

Right! The law is for thee, not elitist traitorous Democrats
Since when are hookers and blow illegal in the US when it's done outside the US? I did several ounces and had hookers in five different states and strippers in the US and still was not prosecuted.

Since when are hookers and blow illegal in the US when it's done outside the US? I did several ounces and had hookers in five different states and strippers in the US and still was not prosecuted.

You ignore a lot of OTHER stuff Hunter pursued without qualification, experience and no political clout to get a bushel load of money from a foreign country thousands of miles away.

So, we watch and wonder.

Hunter who?

You ignore a lot of OTHER stuff Hunter pursued without qualification, experience and no political clout to get a bushel load of money from a foreign country thousands of miles away.
I saw the Trump kids banking off their position to include Ivanka doing business in China and getting patents from China when her dad was telling us China is bad, Mkay....The issue with Hunter having to go through the process of investigation(s) which they are doing now, but go ahead and claim nothing is being done because you need something to be upset over.

So, we watch and wonder.

What lobbying did Hunter do?

Forum List

Back