By His stripes we are healed.

I guess this year Jesus is a time traveler.

Passover is the holiday that Christ showed up in Jerusalem for when they caught Him.

Good Friday is the day that Christ was said to be crucified.

Easter Sunday is the day that Christ rose from the grave.

This year? It's all outta whack. Today is Good Friday, the day He was crucified, tomorrow is Passover, the holiday he went to Jerusalem to observe (wonder if He's gonna show up on the cross), and Sunday is the day that He was resurrected.

So this year, we kill Jesus on Friday, capture Him on Saturday, and He rises again on Sunday.

Hate to tell you Christians, but a lot of the Easter story is based in paganism, and on the wrong calendar, which is why this year Jesus has to be a time traveler.

Passover is the holiday that Christ showed up in Jerusalem for when they caught Him.

This year? It's all outta whack. Today is Good Friday, the day He was crucified, tomorrow is Passover, the holiday he went to Jerusalem to observe (wonder if He's gonna show up on the cross), and Sunday is the day that He was resurrected.

So this year, we kill Jesus on Friday, capture Him on Saturday, and He rises again on Sunday.

Hate to tell you Christians, but a lot of the Easter story is based in paganism, and on the wrong calendar, which is why this year Jesus has to be a time traveler.

Christians do not care about your gibberish, tool

The God who humbled himself and suffered and died that those whom he loved could repent and have eternal life. Blessed be the name of Jesus the Christ for ever and ever!

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Nephi 31:16-21
16 And now, my beloved brethren, I know by this that unless a man shall endure to the end, in following the example of the Son of the living God, he cannot be saved.

17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.

18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.

19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

And those who think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck...don't care about the ignorance that oozes out of your mouth..drips on the keyboard, and is thus presented to us. I've read your posts..and Christ would be ashamed to know you.

And those who think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck...don't care about the ignorance that oozes out of your mouth..drips on the keyboard, and is thus presented to us. I've read your posts..and Christ would be ashamed to know you.

Get lost, moron. You bring nothing to any thread but garbage. In fact you're better off ignored. And here you thought you were special LOL

Christians simply roll their eyes at you...with good reason

By the way, your screen name is gay

Get lost, moron. You bring nothing to any thread but garbage. In fact you're better off ignored. And here you thought you were special LOL

***chuckles***

Is gay as bad thing?
Appears to me that you think you're the oh-so special one. Most of the Christians I know..are pretty good people. They are inclusive..not exclusive..they don't hate---unlike yourself..who hate many and have portrayed the vilest of lies as a matter of course. I've read the Bible a few times...I guess you missed the parts about lying, or the parts about loving your neighbor...then there's that pesky thing about charity.

Christ was a Communist..face it!

As for you..better hope you are wrong..about God---I'd find the whole idea of Hell to be quite concerning, were I as hateful as you.

***chuckles***

Is gay as bad thing?
Appears to me that you think you're the oh-so special one. Most of the Christians I know..are pretty good people. They are inclusive..not exclusive..they don't hate---unlike yourself..who hate many and have portrayed the vilest of lies as a matter of course. I've read the Bible a few times...I guess you missed the parts about lying, or the parts about loving your neighbor...then there's that pesky thing about charity.

As for you..better hope you are wrong..about God---I'd find the whole idea of Hell to be quite concerning, were I as hateful as you.
You think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck, and you've read the Bible a few times. You really, really, really love Donald Duck, eh, Poindexter.

Or you're a liar.

Again, there were two Sabbaths that week. If only you could time travel to the truth.....

***chuckles***

Is gay as bad thing?

You think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck, and you've read the Bible a few times. You really, really, really love Donald Duck, eh, Poindexter.

Or you're a liar.
I am fond of Donald...but my reading of the Bible has more to do with the undoubted influence Christianity has had on history..and on the formation of society. My comment was more about the theological side...it's all pie in the sky to me. But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.

***chuckles***

Is gay as bad thing?

Or you're a liar.
I am fond of Donald...but my reading of the Bible has more to do with the undoubted influence Christianity has had on history..and on the formation of society. My comment was more about the theological side...it's all pie in the sky to me. But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.
What influence would that be?

Or you're a liar.

All the atheists on USMB are experts on christian theology and steeped in bible study. Always. Then they claim, after a supposed lifetime of dedicated study, they dont care about it.
Unlike most sane people they are experts in a subject they dont care about? LOL

But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.

darn. I was hoping He'd give His judgement robe to me. Congrats.
You see..that statement makes perfect sense to you...and misses me by a mile. To me, it's just a justification for bad behavior. We are all judges...and should hold each other accountable...in matters of ethic. After all, that is the basis of law. IMO, of course.

Vertical stripes are so much more slimming than solid colors, don't you think?

Here is what it cost him:

I always watch Mel Gibson's movie "Passion Of The Christ" at Easter. Watched it again this year.

I don't believe the physical torture was the worst part.

For me the worst part would have been having to listen to the taunts while dying on the cross itself.

Passover was on Thursday back then.

That's where Catholic Holy Thursday comes from.

And Jesus "showed up" on Palm Sunday the week before.

You really need to enroll in remedial Bible Study ABikerSailor .

But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.

You see..that statement makes perfect sense to you...and misses me by a mile. To me, it's just a justification for bad behavior. We are all judges...and should hold each other accountable...in matters of ethic. After all, that is the basis of law. IMO, of course.

The very fact that the statement misses you by a mile is because of a lack of understanding of Christianity, and yet that is the very criteria that you judge others. If your are correct, then tell me what to do with this tenet of Christianity: Judge not.
That makes us NOT all judges. It is the opposite of what you believe.
Roman Law may be a better guideline for you judge us.
Because contrary to what you believe, and regardless of what you believe, it still applies that you will be judged to the extent you judge others.

The very fact that the statement misses you by a mile is because of a lack of understanding of Christianity, and yet that is the very criteria that you judge others. If your are correct, then tell me what to do with this tenet of Christianity: Judge not.
That makes us NOT all judges. It is the opposite of what you believe.
Roman Law may be a better guideline for you judge us.
Because contrary to what you believe, and regardless of what you believe, it still applies that you will be judged to the extent you judge others.
Hmmm...I guess that would explain why I'm not a Christian...***chuckles***

I do understand Christianity...I just disagree with the theology..the ethic is a hard one...most don't even give it an honest attempt.

I did read somewhere about, By their fruits ye shall know them. Sounds like a judgement call, to me.

Forum List

Back