Butter ISN'T bad for you after all: Major study says 80s advice on dairy fats was flawed

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
So eating margarine is not good, dairy doesn't clog the arteries, interesting

Guidelines that told millions of people to avoid butter and full-fat milk should never have been introduced, say experts.

The startling assertion challenges advice that has been followed by the medical profession for 30 years.

The experts say the advice from 1983, aimed at reducing deaths from heart disease, lacked any solid trial evidence to back it up.

Butter ISN'T bad for you after all

Guidelines that told millions of people to avoid butter and full-fat milk should never have been introduced, say experts.

The startling assertion challenges advice that has been followed by the medical profession for 30 years.

The experts say the advice from 1983, aimed at reducing deaths from heart disease, lacked any solid trial evidence to back it up.

Thank goodness. I never gave it up.

Do you remember Julia Child and how she would use butter all the time?

The woman lived to a ripe old age ( 91 ) and I trust her cooking advice more than some damn kook that is being funded by private industry...

There is a reason why humans used butter and whole milk and messing with perfection is just stupid...

Also I am going to die one day and prefer to eat something that taste wonderful made from butter and whole milk than some crap that make me wish I was dead that was made from Margarine and non-Whole Milk...

Oh, if you want to eat healthy then stop eating the meat but you get no pudding if you don't eat your meat... :banana:

Yea right right, don't give me any chocolate milk I could take out an entire stadium

I've never wavered from real butter. Our Mom used to try to cut corners with margarine. I always flatly refused. Supposedly it was a "cheaper" alternative, but in those naïve times Mom didn't realize how deviously manipulative Corporatia could be.

Still haven't figured out why you can't get real butter at restaurants in the South though. I didn't realize it was regional until sitting down to breakfast in Philadelphia and asking the waitress for real butter, whereupon one of my companions said, "you'll get real butter, you're not in the South". :shock:

She was right.

animal fat is part of our natural diet. vast amounts of distilled oil is not. i blame women.

why? I harbor sufficient animal fat--------I could be rendered.
DISTILLED oil? I think you are talking about specific
aromatics DISTILLED OIL----- WOMEN?-----female oil?

OK, but as a practical matter, how is this news supposed to stop brain-damaged vegan LWNJs from constantly and erroneously using the term ("artery-clogging") to preface "saturated fat"?

It cannot be done AFAIK.

LWNJs are doomed to be stupid forever.

Forum List

Back