Businesses to close today (Thursday) in response to Florida immigration law

ORLANDO, Fla. - Workers and entire businesses in Florida and around the county plan to not work or close on Thursday.

This comes as a response to a new immigration law recently signed in Florida.

"This state is the most affected," said Jose Sivira, who works at a Mexican market in Sanford. "There are so many immigrants in this state."

The store, along with the San Miguel Mexican Grill next door will be closing for a day.

While the restaurant says it already had four chefs leave because they were worried about the new laws, the store says it is losing a lot of customers.

WOFL-Immigration-law-protest.jpg

"The problem is the customers," Sivira said. "The customers are Mexican people, from Guatemala, Venezuela, Columbia, El Salvador. All of those countries they try to move to other states. So, the businesses are closing."

"We as well are immigrants from other places and our parents as well, so we understand the struggle in what’s going on, so just to support," said Isabel Gaspar, the manager of El Zocalo Mexican Restaurant in Sanford.

The movement has been spreading on social media and goes far beyond just restaurants.

"I think everyone’s going to be affected, not just me," said Antonio Paxtor, the owner of Anthony's Landscaping.

The landscaping company will also be closed Thursday, saying new laws make it harder to find employees.

"We are supposed to be the world’s leading superpower, and yet we can’t even maintain control of our own southern border," said Governor Ron DeSantis earlier in May.

DeSantis signed a law that will suspend businesses' licenses if they hire illegal immigrants and funds a program to transport illegal immigrants to other states, among other things.

"It will maybe show a little impact of what could happen if it does go longer for more days and if a lot more immigrants leave the State of Florida as well," Gaspar said.

So their response to the new law is to close and not make money?

They are pissed because to stay open they have to hire legal employees and not pay slave labor wages under the table.

Oh no! the illegals are leaving and moving to other states! I hear NYC is nice this time of year. ;)

well-bye-bye.gif
They should close their doors forever and move to mexico

That would teach us a lesson, huh?

If a state or city can openly defy federal immigration law and declare itself a "sanctuary" wherein illegal immigrants will not be turned over to federal agents, and wherein said federal agents are impeded from operating, a state or city should be able to declare itself an enforcer of federal immigration law and turn said immigrants over to federal authorities whenever and wherever found, even if they turned over back at the border.

If someone is here illegally for a long time, and has never even made an attempt to contact authorities for proper processing, their "due process" should be to first go back across the border, then contact the appropriate authorities for their due process. They can be handed a card complete with all the contact information they need.

They're AVOIDING due process by simply sneaking in and running from ICE.

You can believe things should be a certain way all you want. The facts are they arent.

I support going after the employers but this busing is completely nutz and I see it as Government Kidnapping.
Kidnapping?

The illegals have to sign-off on being transported if a state (like AZ/TX/FL) does it.....The feds, well they can just load 'em up and drop them off anywhere.

Actually when they were removed from Martha's Vineyard against their will THAT was kidnapping.

Perhaps you should educate yourself.

Kidnapping?

The illegals have to sign-off on being transported if a state (like AZ/TX/FL) does it.....The feds, well they can just load 'em up and drop them off anywhere.

Actually when they were removed from Martha's Vineyard against their will THAT was kidnapping.

Perhaps you should educate yourself.

2 things.

Stop lying
Stop trying to cover for you Criminals.

Are you retarded?

Yah, I am. But I spent over 20 years to make it so that everyone in America has their rights protected until you fascists start taking over. Yes, I am a retired Air Farce Retardee.

and to think, DeSantis wants to be President. This is no way to run a state, let alone a country.

I support going after the employers but this busing is completely nutz and I see it as Government Kidnapping.

So they are let in illegally, sent to states like Florida where they are not wanted and you're ok with that. But you have a problem with Florida sending them somewhere else?

So it's ok to send illegals to Florida, but it's not ok for Florida to send them somewhere else?

If you call that kidnapping why is it only kidnapping when Florida does it?

Close the border and kick the illegals out. Problem solved. They can come back after they go through the citizenship program.

ORLANDO, Fla. - Workers and entire businesses in Florida and around the county plan to not work or close on Thursday.

"This state is the most affected," said Jose Sivira, who works at a Mexican market in Sanford. "There are so many immigrants in this state."

The store, along with the San Miguel Mexican Grill next door will be closing for a day.

While the restaurant says it already had four chefs leave because they were worried about the new laws, the store says it is losing a lot of customers.

"The problem is the customers," Sivira said. "The customers are Mexican people, from Guatemala, Venezuela, Columbia, El Salvador. All of those countries they try to move to other states. So, the businesses are closing."

"We as well are immigrants from other places and our parents as well, so we understand the struggle in what’s going on, so just to support," said Isabel Gaspar, the manager of El Zocalo Mexican Restaurant in Sanford.

The movement has been spreading on social media and goes far beyond just restaurants.

"I think everyone’s going to be affected, not just me," said Antonio Paxtor, the owner of Anthony's Landscaping.

The landscaping company will also be closed Thursday, saying new laws make it harder to find employees.

"We are supposed to be the world’s leading superpower, and yet we can’t even maintain control of our own southern border," said Governor Ron DeSantis earlier in May.

DeSantis signed a law that will suspend businesses' licenses if they hire illegal immigrants and funds a program to transport illegal immigrants to other states, among other things.

"It will maybe show a little impact of what could happen if it does go longer for more days and if a lot more immigrants leave the State of Florida as well," Gaspar said.

They are pissed because to stay open they have to hire legal employees and not pay slave labor wages under the table.

Oh no! the illegals are leaving and moving to other states! I hear NYC is nice this time of year. ;)

well-bye-bye.gif
FL should be happy. Now all those field, landscaping and unskilled construction jobs are now open to American citizens.

So they are let in illegally, sent to states like Florida where they are not wanted and you're ok with that. But you have a problem with Florida sending them somewhere else?

So it's ok to send illegals to Florida, but it's not ok for Florida to send them somewhere else?

If you call that kidnapping why is it only kidnapping when Florida does it?

Close the border and kick the illegals out. Problem solved. They can come back after they go through the citizenship program.
Who told you the immigrants aren’t wanted? FL farmers are going to have produce rotting in their fields. Do you really think Americans are going to be willing to do those jobs? What we’re going to see is inflation, especially in food prices, that will make the pandemic-caused inflation seem mild.

Who told you the immigrants aren’t wanted? FL farmers are going to have produce rotting in their fields. Do you really think Americans are going to be willing to do those jobs? What we’re going to see is inflation, especially in food prices, that will make the pandemic-caused inflation seem mild.
It means there really shouldn't be any unemployment, so stop the welfare payments, plenty of jobs

It means there really shouldn't be any unemployment, so stop the welfare payments, plenty of jobs
The typical American can can’t handle those jobs. Was watching a video where they got some regular people to do field work. They were paid by the piece and while the typical migrant would earn $75+, the average for the non-migrants was $30 and they didn’t come back the next day.

They should be kidnapping them and taking them back to the border.
There used to be a fleet of Florida State tan buses that did exactly that all the time.

About the color of Iraq desert camo.

It said "Immigration" on the front of them.

Arrest, load bus, border. They'd feed n water 'em and let 'em go to the bathroom.

No motel stops, just a day or 2 ride to south Texas.

Back in the day they'd pull the buses right up to where they were all at and load up.

Others would make the rounds to the jails until they got full then embark for south Texas.

Last edited:
Did you hear that folks? Deportations are unconstitutional :lol:
I am sure you will elaborate on this...
LOL jk
Deportation is a federal matter.
The gov of FL has no power to deport.
To permit him to do so would be unconstitutional.

Really not hard.

well-bye-bye.gif

I think they will not like the ongoing response. In my area, there was a similar closing for the "day without a mexican".

ALL of them went out of business within weeks because no one went back to them afterwards.

I predict the same will happen here.

Forum List

Back