Virginia sending 100 National Guard troops to southern U.S. border

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Gov. Glenn Youngkin announced Wednesday that Virginia will deploy National Guard troops to help with the ongoing crisis at the U.S. Southern border.

On Wednesday, Youngkin signed Executive Directive Four after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott requested emergency assistance from states with security and enforcement.

Gov. Youngkin says it is necessary to stop the flow of fentanyl and human traffickers from coming into the U.S. and Virginia.

Democrats aren’t buying it. They say this move is all about bolstering a potential presidential run.

“I am heartbroken by mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and kids who have seen their relatives die from fentanyl overdoses. I’m heartbroken to see that human trafficking is happening in Virginia,” Gov. Youngkin said.

According to a press release from Youngkin’s office, Virginia will deploy 100 National Guard troops and 21 supporting personnel to address the increase in the supply of illegal drugs and human trafficking.

This comes shortly after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he is sending more than a thousand law enforcement and national guard members to the border.

“Texas has taken on the lion’s share of the responsibility in order to secure the border and I believe we have a role to play, that’s why I very carefully made this decision in order to support the work they’ve done in Texas because Virginians have a lot of risk here too,” Gov. Youngkin said.

Of course the dems are whining no end about the 3 million cost but it was Tater that issued the EO to make it possible for states to send NG troops to combat international drug trafficking.

:oops8:

Well I will have to say he doesn't have the balls that DeSantis does. DeSantis did at least address the reason they are actually coming. Jobs.

So while I'll not be voting for either, I will give DeSantis the credit here for what it's worth.

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Gov. Glenn Youngkin announced Wednesday that Virginia will deploy National Guard troops to help with the ongoing crisis at the U.S. Southern border.

On Wednesday, Youngkin signed Executive Directive Four after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott requested emergency assistance from states with security and enforcement.

Gov. Youngkin says it is necessary to stop the flow of fentanyl and human traffickers from coming into the U.S. and Virginia.

Democrats aren’t buying it. They say this move is all about bolstering a potential presidential run.

“I am heartbroken by mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and kids who have seen their relatives die from fentanyl overdoses. I’m heartbroken to see that human trafficking is happening in Virginia,” Gov. Youngkin said.

According to a press release from Youngkin’s office, Virginia will deploy 100 National Guard troops and 21 supporting personnel to address the increase in the supply of illegal drugs and human trafficking.

This comes shortly after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he is sending more than a thousand law enforcement and national guard members to the border.

“Texas has taken on the lion’s share of the responsibility in order to secure the border and I believe we have a role to play, that’s why I very carefully made this decision in order to support the work they’ve done in Texas because Virginians have a lot of risk here too,” Gov. Youngkin said.

Of course the dems are whining no end about the 3 million cost but it was Tater that issued the EO to make it possible for states to send NG troops to combat international drug trafficking.

/---/ Maybe this is an end run around the open border crowd. With the election pending, open borders is a disaster that not even the MSM can hide. But, this way, Dementia Joe can send help to Texas, to secure the border and maybe curb the relocation of illegals to sanctuary cities without officially changing policy.

I guess they will be taking orders from the Border Patrol, which means the DHS. That probably means no confrontation or actual enforcement, just carrying their luggage and handing out pamphlets. Even if they were successful in stopping the invasion they're 10 million fighting age men that have not been vaccinated too late. Both factions reiterating their supposed positions for their bases.

So National Guard troops to the border from the various states, are not the goodness hearts of the states or their governors, just authorization for the Federal Government to pick up the tab, under title 10 Federal Activation, in call ups, and in support of agreements between the various state Adjetant Generals, in place for many years. This lets SGLI be in effect, as well as retirement point, fixes the overall command structures, subjection to UCMJ and a host of other things, such as unplanned state budget outlays to cover the costs at state level. Good.

I guess they will be taking orders from the Border Patrol, which means the DHS. That probably means no confrontation or actual enforcement, just carrying their luggage and handing out pamphlets. Even if they were successful in stopping the invasion they're 10 million fighting age men that have not been vaccinated too late. Both factions reiterating their supposed positions for their bases.
/----/ That is true.
tZr8yYe2ojuKH2Q3AOOh6TNnY432SZ86CI9Wtw0UcRfJPpW8HE1_d4rpETeCM9rkYDaZ1C8fUbsHVM-viqHplNPkL9o4vPT89TWTB6Yw=s0-d-e1-ft

Youngkin’s da man!

EXCELLENT. Di Santis and the governor of Oklahoma have already sent troops to help out Texas.

Forum List

Back