Bush Lied

Mar 18, 2004
Bush lied about WMD. No other country thought there were WMD, exept the UK.

"What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad's regime did use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international inspectors, this country has continued armament programs." -- Jacques Chirac, October 16, 2002

Saddam didn't have ties to terrorists either. Bush lied.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

Bush lost focus on the real War on Terror and went into Iraq which has nothing to do with terrorism. No WMD. No terrorist connections.

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

No other nation believe there were WMD in Iraq.

"Mr. Hussein has broken international law a grand total of 333 times since the end of the Gulf War, and it is believed he has chemical and biological stockpiles, and will have three to seven nuclear bombs by March of 2005."
-- German intelligence report to the CIA, October, 2002

"The Great Uncle (Saddam) hides his weapons underneath the lawns of Mosul and Baghdad citizens and in water-wells that are filled with chemicals instead."
-- Adnan Saed, Iraqi scientist, 2002

"God willing, we shall make their Ground Zero look like Disneyland."
-- Uday Hussein, September 12th, 2001

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." -- Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- John Kerry, October 9, 2002

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in 1998

How dare Bush for removing a man who funded terrorist groups, and sponsored terrorist networks, and sheltered terrorists? How dare Bush for removing a man that slaughtered 750,000 of his own people? How dare Bush for going along with every intelligence agency in Europe, Asia, and previous American Admins? How dare Bush for enforcing 17 resolutions and 333 international violations? How dare Bush for trying to bring freedom to the totalitarian Arab world?

Bush, that f*ckin' liar's gotta go!

Does that mean they were planning on helping us to clean up and put in amusement rides? Aw, schucks, I guess we misjudged the poor fella. Sorry lil' fella.

"What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad's regime did use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international inspectors, this country has continued armament programs." -- Jacques Chirac, October 16, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

Bush lost focus on the real War on Terror and went into Iraq which has nothing to do with terrorism. No WMD. No terrorist connections.

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

"Mr. Hussein has broken international law a grand total of 333 times since the end of the Gulf War, and it is believed he has chemical and biological stockpiles, and will have three to seven nuclear bombs by March of 2005."

"The Great Uncle (Saddam) hides his weapons underneath the lawns of Mosul and Baghdad citizens and in water-wells that are filled with chemicals instead."

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." -- Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- John Kerry, October 9, 2002

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in 1998

How dare Bush for removing a man who funded terrorist groups, and sponsored terrorist networks, and sheltered terrorists? How dare Bush for removing a man that slaughtered 750,000 of his own people? How dare Bush for going along with every intelligence agency in Europe, Asia, and previous American Admins? How dare Bush for enforcing 17 resolutions and 333 international violations? How dare Bush for trying to bring freedom to the totalitarian Arab world?

This is the one thing I agree with Trump on

Donald Trump on Fox News denied that he ever accused President George W. Bush of lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. “I didn’t say lie,” Trump said. “I said he may have lied.” That’s false. Trump at least twice — most recently in a debate last month — said Bush “lied.”

Bill O’Reilly, host of Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor,” told Trump (4:06 mark) that he disagreed with Trump on Bush’s motives for invading Iraq in 2003. “I disagree with you vehemently about George Bush, the younger, lying on purpose to get us into a war with Iraq,” O’Reilly said. Trump denied he called Bush a liar.

But Trump did say Bush lied, and on more than one occasion.

In the Feb. 13 debate in South Carolina, debate moderator John Dickerson asked Trump about an October 2008 interview in which Trump said it would have been a “wonderful thing” if Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi tried to impeach Bush because he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Asked if he still believes that Bush should have been impeached, Trump called the Iraq war a “big fat mistake.” Pressed again for an answer, Trump went on to say, “They lied.”

Trump, Feb. 13: You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction; there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

As for his 2008 comments, Trump said of Bush in an interview with CNN, “He lied. He got us into the war with lies.” Wolf Blitzer, host of CNN’s “The Situation Room,” pushed back, saying Bush administration officials argue that the intelligence they received was wrong — not that they lied. “I don’t believe that,” Trump responded.

Yes, Trump Said Bush 'Lied'

RE: Bush Lied
⁜→ "sealybobo, et al,

(JUST A SIDEBAR)

There is little question back in October 2002, when President Bush (43) spoke from the Rotunda of Union Terminal in Cincinnati, that the argument he presented as substantially fact, was a mistake of fact (many facts).

And it is clear that Colin Powell (Former U.S. Secretary of State) placed the blame on himself for making what later proved to be false assertions on the matter of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) to the United Nations.

And the veracity of the facts was layedout before Congress when Dr David Kay, Director of Iraq Survey Group (ISG), testified that: "Let me begin by saying, we were almost all wrong, and I certainly include myself here.

Sen. Kennedy knows very directly. Senator Kennedy and I talked on several occasions prior to the war that my view was that the best evidence that I had seen was that Iraq indeed had weapons of mass destruction."

” Wolf Blitzer, host of CNN’s “The Situation Room,” pushed back, saying Bush administration officials argue that the intelligence they received was wrong — not that they lied.'
(COMMENT)

The best reason for the intelligence failure was Congress and the Political Machine killed the Intelligence Community (IC) by the slow and agonizing death by a thousand cuts; both in professional experience and support of human intelligence operational activities (across all services, military and civilian), it was all bleed away. It was replaced by technical intelligence collection platforms (if a mistake is made by the machine, it cannot be the fault of the career professional). It began in the late 1960s/early 1970s and continued right through The Bush (43) Presidency as evidenced by the appointment of John Negroponte as the first Director of National Intelligence (DNI) (another layer of bureaucracy), without a day on the job; having never spotted, assessed, recruited, trained, briefed or dispatched a controlled asset. Nor had he any experience in counterintelligence.

George John Tenet was the Director of Central Intelligence (DCI) the longest servicing director (7 years) since the famous Allen Dulles (8 years as the first DCI after the reorganization of the US Intelligence Programs after WWII). [Many may recall that it was the Allen Dulles that exposed the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" as Russian work of fiction with the storyline that the Jewish People had a plot to achieve world domination.]

There were many people, who held the opposing view on the Iraq holdings of WMD, which suffered an abrupt end to their career.

Most Respectfully,
R

Completely irrelevant. Hussein violated the cease fire agreements how many times? Thousands? Plus Saddam himself made the claims he had them, so no reason to assume he didn't have any just because a bunch of left wing commie Iranian sympathizers are sniveling about something Bush said.

This is the one thing I agree with Trump on

Donald Trump on Fox News denied that he ever accused President George W. Bush of lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. “I didn’t say lie,” Trump said. “I said he may have lied.” That’s false. Trump at least twice — most recently in a debate last month — said Bush “lied.”

Bill O’Reilly, host of Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor,” told Trump (4:06 mark) that he disagreed with Trump on Bush’s motives for invading Iraq in 2003. “I disagree with you vehemently about George Bush, the younger, lying on purpose to get us into a war with Iraq,” O’Reilly said. Trump denied he called Bush a liar.

But Trump did say Bush lied, and on more than one occasion.

In the Feb. 13 debate in South Carolina, debate moderator John Dickerson asked Trump about an October 2008 interview in which Trump said it would have been a “wonderful thing” if Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi tried to impeach Bush because he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Asked if he still believes that Bush should have been impeached, Trump called the Iraq war a “big fat mistake.” Pressed again for an answer, Trump went on to say, “They lied.”

Trump, Feb. 13: You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction; there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

As for his 2008 comments, Trump said of Bush in an interview with CNN, “He lied. He got us into the war with lies.” Wolf Blitzer, host of CNN’s “The Situation Room,” pushed back, saying Bush administration officials argue that the intelligence they received was wrong — not that they lied. “I don’t believe that,” Trump responded.

Yes, Trump Said Bush 'Lied'

You are really parsing his words, looking for something, aren't you?

Yes, Trump talks a lot of shit. He was unfair to Bush, and tried to walk it back for partisan political reasons.

He LIED. President Trump lied when he denied calling Bush a liar.

I wish he was a better person. I support him politically, but he dropped the ball here. This is part of one of his many flaws. He is far from perfect and my support was never based on the idea he was.

I still support him politically, because I agree with him on most policies and think he was/is/will be the best choice of available credible candidates.

See how easy that was? Well, it was easy for me, because my world view is not based on a house of cards, where giving ground on one little thing, threatens everything.

Forum List

Back