Bush Is Doing It Again!

red states rule

May 30, 2006
It is only a few weeks after the election and gas prices are going up.

Leave it to Bush to call his oil company buddies and tell them to raise the price of gas to punish the American people for voting for Democrats in the mid term election

Also, have you noticed how the price of poultry is going up right before Thanksgiving?

I can't wait for Pelosi and Co to take over Congress and we will see gas drop to 89 cents a gallon and the cost of living will be next to nothing

im sure it has nothing to do with the anticipation of lower supply by Islamic countries or the anticipation of the raise in gasoline tax by the Democrats. No its all Bush.

lol. The price has barely risen at the pump and these people are screaming Conspiracy?

Just before autumn is in full bloom the Gas Companies switch over to new processing techniques in order to make more heating oil and other items that will be needed, this switch over causes a slight shrink in supply, prices rise temporarily. In about Novermeber they begin to go down, and then rise again as usage for that heating oil and traveling begins to show how supplies will be in the winter months....

But heck, it's just Bush on the phone with his pals... "Punish them!" he says...

:bat:

Leave it to Bush to call his oil company buddies and tell them to raise the price of gas to punish the American people for voting for Democrats in the mid term election

Also, have you noticed how the price of poultry is going up right before Thanksgiving?

I can't wait for Pelosi and Co to take over Congress and we will see gas drop to 89 cents a gallon and the cost of living will be next to nothing

Gee I was told gas prices would go down, and all would be right with the world if the Dems got in....

Darn, you mean they lied?????????????? :(

WTF??

Gas prices are a product of supply and demand - considering the congress is still Republican controlled until January, and unless they have suddenly passed some law that affects supply or demand in the last two weeks, then you can't assign any guilt or blame to them (dems or pubs), now can we?

And "Bush Oil Buddies" is an oxymoron. The guy was a failure in that business as I recall - doubt he has many "buds" - and certainly none that would take his business "advice".

Seasonal gas price changes have nothing to do with politics, other than the slight reaction in the commodities markets that happens after every election. This price reaction has nothing to do with *who* is elected, only that market activity tends to drop in volume in the weeks before an election, and then a corresponding market correction tends to occur after the election.

But please feel free to point to whatever kooky conspiracy you like.

:tinfoil:

CL

I think RSR was being sarcastic. Pointing out the lunacy of the liberal left.

WTF??

Gas prices are a product of supply and demand - considering the congress is still Republican controlled until January, and unless they have suddenly passed some law that affects supply or demand in the last two weeks, then you can't assign any guilt or blame to them (dems or pubs), now can we?

And "Bush Oil Buddies" is an oxymoron. The guy was a failure in that business as I recall - doubt he has many "buds" - and certainly none that would take his business "advice".

Seasonal gas price changes have nothing to do with politics, other than the slight reaction in the commodities markets that happens after every election. This price reaction has nothing to do with *who* is elected, only that market activity tends to drop in volume in the weeks before an election, and then a corresponding market correction tends to occur after the election.

But please feel free to point to whatever kooky conspiracy you like.

:tinfoil:

CL

:D Lighten up CL we were being sarcastic :poke: :D

That bastard!!!:death:

Gas prices here in North Florida have been around $2.10 to $2.20 a gallon for about the past month.

If GWB is punishing us for giving the Congress to the Democrats by giving us high gas prices, what was he doing last summer when gas prices were around $3 a gallon?

No. Turkey prices here are about what they have been for about the past decade.

Get a life.

I thought libs could take a joke - considering they went with Kerry in 04 and Pelosi in 06

Hey, some of us KNEW you were being sarcastic. :(

Or, we just figured the person was a lunatic conspiracy theorist who has no contact with reality.

Good sarcasm has an element of truth. To say gas and poultry prices are going up, when they are not ruins your credibility and thus negates your sarcasm.

Or, we just figured the person was a lunatic conspiracy theorist who has no contact with reality.

Good sarcasm has an element of truth. To say gas and poultry prices are going up, when they are not ruins your credibility and thus negates your sarcasm.

Where I live gas and poultry prices ARE going up

This is sarcasm with the proper elements of truth........

The Swiftboating of Jack Murtha
If we’ve learned anything from the annual jingo-rama known as “Veteran’s Day”, it’s that Americans are too quick to bestow "hero" status upon any uneducated moron who puts on a uniform and fights for his country. Anybody can pick up a gun and shoot someone, but true heroism comes from having the raw courage to sell out your fellow soldiers as well as the American People in order to obtain the power necessary to help them – whether they like it or not. A few such heroic individuals come to mind: Scott Ritter, Janis Karpinski, John Kerry, Benedict Arnold, and Rep. John “Jack” Murtha.

When a couple of nameless Sunni sock merchants informed him that a platoon of Marines went a wild shooting rampage, gleefully killing scores of innocent Iraqi civilians and blowing up a baby milk factory as hundreds of babies were being milked, Murtha didn’t waste any time waiting for an “investigation”, “evidence”, or other pointless distractions such as the Marines’ own version of events. In a display of unblinking honesty one usually only witnesses from members of Al-Qaeda, he quickly branded the Marines as “war criminals” and called for a Phased Redeployment of all U.S. forces. NOT a "retreat" – and right-wingers are only encouraging the terrorists by insisting on calling it that – but a phased redeployment, godammit! A PHASED REDPLOYMENT!! To “retreat” is to flee the battlefield with one’s tail tucked between his legs. “Phased Redeployment”, on the other hand, is simply taking your ball and going to Okinawa, where the REAL terrorists are. That’s the Marine Corp spirit that Jack Murtha personifies, and the reason he deserves to be House Majority Leader under the esteemed leadership of Nancy Pelosi, as well as Secretary of Defense under President Hillary if Cindy Sheehan should ever be unable to fulfill her duties. I’m sure he’ll ride all their skirts to victory - much to the dismay of right-wing chickenhawks who are furiously trying to "swiftboat" him, as I like to call it.

Yes, the Lying Liars of Lies are digging up ABSCAM, a 26-year old FBI sting operation in which a Republican congressman and five others (whose party affiliations are unimportant) were indicted for accepting cash in exchange for political favors. Iron Guts Murtha told them in no uncertain terms that he’d have to take a rain check on that there bribe, and Democrats in congress took measures to insure that the FBI never pulled a McCarthyist stunt like that again. It's all is ancient history, and the Repugs are merely using Murtha’s own actions to besmirch his character.

If anything, ABSCAM only proves that Murtha is willing to go to any lengths necessary to serve the People who put him in power, even if it means screwing over the ones who elected him. That’s what being a Democrat - and a "hero" - is all about!

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/dubya_did_it/index.html

Where I live gas and poultry prices ARE going up

Going up from what? Are they higher now than they were following Katrina summer before last? Where I live gas prices are higher than they were 2000, but lower than their peak price in 2005.

Forum List

Back