Bubonic Plague??

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
So, apparently, there's a single case of Bubonic plague in inner Mongolia right now:

Bubonic Plague Confirmed in Herder, China Says

Coronvirus started as nothing more than an almost imperceptible blip on the radar, but the idiot left blames Trump for not acting fact enough to combat the virus.

So, my question to those who blame Trump for the spread of Covid-19 in the United States, what should he be doing, right now, to ward off a similar scenario with the plague?

So rats are running loose and people complain about a little pus dripping from their fleabites?

Maybe it's time to clean house, change the bedding, wash clothes, and take a bath, because the landlord is coming by for a property inspection visit.

So, apparently, there's a single case of Bubonic plague in inner Mongolia right now:

Coronvirus started as nothing more than an almost imperceptible blip on the radar, but the idiot left blames Trump for not acting fact enough to combat the virus.

So, my question to those who blame Trump for the spread of Covid-19 in the United States, what should he be doing, right now, to ward off a similar scenario with the plague?
Well, we know the modes of transmission and the cure to Bubonic Plague. It's actually a disease that hits about a 1000 people a year. Not sure it's comparable.

Well, we know the modes of transmission and the cure to Bubonic Plague.

So, you're saying we can combat something only if we know how a disease is transmitted?
No, I'm saying that we have and are combatting bubonic plague successfully on a yearly basis. It's deadly just like something like Ebola is but everybody knows and accepts it's deadly so they take precautions seriously. Unlike COVID 19 which is not taking seriously by a significant portion of the populace.

Ask yourself this. Do you think there would be a discussion about quarantine or masks if the US had 10000 infections of bubonic plague in a single day?

No, I'm saying that we have and are combatting bubonic plague successfully on a yearly basis. It's deadly just like something like Ebola is but everybody knows and accepts it's deadly so they take precautions seriously.

Ask yourself this. Do you think there would be a discussion about quarantine or masks if the US had 10000 infections of bubonic plague in a single day?

You're doing a wonderful job of avoiding the question.

Fact is, it's very rare. Most doctors will go an entire career without ever encountering it.

So, my question is what should we be doing, right now, to ensure there's not an outbreak in the United States? So far as I can tell, you don't know...

There are a few cases in the US every year. No biggie.

Another dodge...

Another dodge...
How so?

No, I'm saying that we have and are combatting bubonic plague successfully on a yearly basis. It's deadly just like something like Ebola is but everybody knows and accepts it's deadly so they take precautions seriously.

Fact is, it's very rare. Most doctors will go an entire career without ever encountering it.

So, my question is what should we be doing, right now, to ensure there's not an outbreak in the United States? So far as I can tell, you don't know...
In the case of bubonic plague. Isolate those infected give them antibiotics and go rodent hunting. As is always done when the US or any country is hit by it. Which they frequently are. Plague FAQ | CDC

Comparing bubonic plague to COVID 19 just doesn't make sense since the infection rates are simply vastly different.

In the case of bubonic plague. Isolate those infected give them antibiotics and go rodent hunting. As is always done when the US or any country is hit by it. Which they frequently are. Plague FAQ | CDC

Comparing bubonic plague to COVID 19 just doesn't make sense since the infection rates are simply vastly different.

I'm not necessarily comparing the two.

However, transmission from one person to the next can readily happen under the right circumstances and, with the incubation period, many could be infected before the first person even knows he has it...

I'm not necessarily comparing the two.

However, transmission from one person to the next can readily happen under the right circumstances and, with the incubation period, many could be infected before the first person even knows he has it...
Bubonic plague doesn't really transmit person to person. Pneumonic plague does and then only in the end-stage of the disease making transmission unlikely Risk of Person-to-Person Transmission of Pneumonic Plague . And you very much were comparing in your OP. Trying to establish that measures have to be taken to prevent an outbreak of bubonic plague because we needed a strong response to COVID 19 in an effort I assume to call Democrats hypocrites.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back