British icon Dame Diana Rigg, known for memorable role as secret agent Emma Peel in the 1960s show The Avengers & more recently Game Of Thrones, dies

One of my first crushes

1599754349505.png

It was that bastard cancer AGAIN, how many has this terrible disease taken over the years :(

WE LOVED Emma Peel and Dame Diana Rigg also, basically ALL of our main Media has the reports and I post some of these below (based on my OPPOSITION in general to Die Presse and Der Standard I am NOT posting links to their sites)

Emma Peel will Live Forever though, while we have The Avengers on DVD she and Dame Diana Rigg will ALWAYS be with us.

Several years ago as a birthday present Mr. Lucy knowing of my obsession * with "The Avengers" bought me "The Avengers: The Complete 50th Anniversary Collection" an ABSOLUTE THING OF MEGA GREATNESS, 39 DVDS, EVERY episode from the beginning and this obviously includes ALL episodes with Emma Peel, it includes all the Black and White episodes and all the later colour episodes.

* My other obsession is with another 1960s British TV programme "The Prisoner" and I have the ENTIRE programme also in a DVD Box Set and I also recommend that, it is MAGNIFICENT - see below.

"The Avengers: The Complete 50th Anniversary Collection" complete Box Set weighs a ton and opens in large hard back book style:

1599758845332.png

1599758899760.png

^^^^ It must not be in print anymore because on Amazon it is now 525.00 Euros and no way Mr. Lucy bought it at that price, I think it must have in original been about 100.00 Euros. It is available though in Blu-Ray form for 32.80 Euros but bizarro thing it is 53 discs and not the 39 DVDs I have but essentially it is the SAME as EVERYTHING on my DVDs.

The Avengers: The Complete 50th Anniversary Collection 39 DVDs UK Import: Amazon.de: Patrick Macnee, Diana Rigg, Honor Blackman, Ian Hendry, Linda Thorson: DVD & Blu-ray

This is "The Prisoner: 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition" Box Set I have it is 10 DVDs:

1599759588551.png

^^^^ The DVD Box Set STILL available at good price of 20.22 Euros:

The Prisoner Boxed Set! 40th Anniversary Special Edition: Amazon.de: DVD & Blu-ray

Of course John Steed as far as I can remember NEVER called her Emma Peel, he always called her Mrs. Peel.

John Steed and "The Avengers" entire concept came out of a previous British TV programme called "Police Surgeon", Ian Hendry was also in this and in the VERY FIRST series of "The Avengers" it's basically "Police Surgeon" with Ian Hendry playing Dr. David Keel (for some reason they changed the character name because in the actual "Police Surgeon" Ian Hendry was Dr. Geoffrey Brent) but anyhow John Steed was basically Dr. David Keel's assistant and in Series One John Steed was very different from the John Steed that was in Series Two and ALL other Series, he was not as sophisticated and refined.

It was not until the SECOND SERIES of "The Avengers" when Dr. David Keel has left the entire operation that now alone John Steed is given his FIRST of his female assistants Cathy Gale (played by the GREAT Honor Blackman who was of course also Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger" and she died not long ago also) Cathy Gale dressed ALMOST exclusively from neck to toes in black leather and looked exceptionally good. For that time in the VERY early 1960s in "The Avengers" episodes with Honor Blackman there are frequent almost actual S&M situations and references, which for that time must have been controversial.

Cathy Gales black leather fetish:

1599761550108.png

Of course John Steed as far as I can remember NEVER called her Emma Peel, he always called her Mrs. Peel.

John Steed and "The Avengers" entire concept came out of a previous British TV programme called "Police Surgeon", Ian Hendry was also in this and in the VERY FIRST series of "The Avengers" it's basically "Police Surgeon" with Ian Hendry playing Dr. David Keel (for some reason they changed the character name because in the actual "Police Surgeon" Ian Hendry was Dr. Geoffrey Brent) but anyhow John Steed was basically Dr. David Keel's assistant and in Series One John Steed was very different from the John Steed that was in Series Two and ALL other Series, he was not as sophisticated and refined.

It was not until the SECOND SERIES of "The Avengers" when Dr. David Keel has left the entire operation that now alone John Steed is given his FIRST of his female assistants Cathy Gale (played by the GREAT Honor Blackman who was of course also Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger" and she died not long ago also) Cathy Gale dressed ALMOST exclusively from neck to toes in black leather and looked exceptionally good. For that time in the VERY early 1960s in "The Avengers" episodes with Honor Blackman there are frequent almost actual S&M situations and references, which for that time must have been controversial.

Cathy Gales black leather fetish:

View attachment 386947

^^^^ I forgot to mention about "The Avengers" in several episodes with Emma Peel there are also very near to S&M situations, I can't find the full episode for this thread on YouTube, I can only find clips of a specific episode I'm thinking of that features one of these near S&M situations in and this is the episode "A Touch of Brimstone" (this is from Series Four from 1966) featuring Emma Peel dressed in NOT a great deal of clothing as "The Queen of Sin" fondling a large snake and later getting whipped, the below clip is 3 minutes and 20 seconds of some of the action including the whipping:

^^^^ As a side point the man doing the whipping is Peter Wyngarde, a Closet Homosexual who's career ended after he got arrested and fined after being caught sucking the dick of a crane driver in a public toilet, he had a history of picking up men in public toilets:

1599762744633.png

My first crush is gone.

Please take care of yourself Barbara Eden, I don't want to lose you too!

cancer is a bitch!

There is already a thread about this that was posted MANY MANY HOURS ago:

Oh Ms Peel.......no...:cry:

Best series on the 1960s.... best couple of the 60s....forever to be remember....sad :cry:

1599776521259.png

1599776569441.png

Forum List

Back