Brexit dividend - drive a 7.5 tonne truck without training

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Fantastic that we are doing away with all this silly health and safety. Our roads should be safeish.

Fantastic that we are doing away with all this silly health and safety. Our roads should be safeish.

Please. How often do your lorries actually move, let alone at full speed

Just this stupid thread again, in a new guise.

Same complaint. You're whining that a distant, unaccountable power will not be imposing standards on your country, which, if your people want, they should be looking to your own government to impose.

I guess it's the flip side of your resentment against America, that almost two and a half centuries ago, we kicked your worthless tyrannical asses out of our country because we didn't want to be governed by a distant, unaccountable power.

It is why no American should ever give any credence whatsoever to anything you have to say having anything to do with our country.

Same complaint. You're whining that a distant, unaccountable power will not be imposing standards on your country, which, if your people want, they should be looking to your own government to impose.

I guess it's the flip side of your resentment against America, that almost two and a half centuries ago, we kicked your worthless tyrannical asses out of our country because we didn't want to be governed by a distant, unaccountable power.

It is why no American should ever give any credence whatsoever to anything you have to say having anything to do with our country.
You are woefully ignorant. I could explain it if I thought you had the intellect to understand.

You are woefully ignorant. I could explain it if I thought you had the intellect to understand.

I guess the irony of you calling me“ignorant” is completely lost on you.

In at least two different threads, now, you've complained that your country's choice to disassociate itself from a distant, unaccountable power, means that that power won't be imposing laws on your country that you want imposed?

So, what's wrong with trying to get such laws legitimately enacted by your own government? What am I missing, here?

I guess the irony of you calling me“ignorant” is completely lost on you.

In at least two different threads, now, you've complained that your country's choice to disassociate itself from a distant, unaccountable power, means that that power won't be imposing laws on your country that you want imposed?

So, what's wrong with trying to get such laws legitimately enacted by your own government? What am I missing, here?
You confuse cynical expediency with a some bullshit freedom initiative.
The EU protected us from this shit and now we are stuck with an ectreme right wing government who lied to us.
Untrained truck drivers is a recipe for disaster.

The EU protected us from this shit and now we are stuck with an ectreme [sic] right wing government who lied to us.

So, you do not trust your own government, and you think the solution is to empower a more distant government, less accountable to you and your countrymen, to govern you instead?

Do you truly have no grasp at all of how irrational this is?

I hadn't read the article before, but I did just now, and it makes your whining even more silly and pathetic than I otherwise thought it to be.

Apparently, your government is considering a proposal to make it easier to legally operate certain classes of vehicles.

And you're crying because a foreign power, not accountable to your countrymen, is not empowered to tell your government that it cannot consider or even enact this proposal.

You're not merely complaining about a foreign power not being empowered to enforce its own rules against your country; you're crying that a foreign power isn't empowered to tell your own government what it may or may not do.

You're crying that your nation retains some of its own sovereignty.

You WANT your own country to be ruled over by a foreign power.

Maybe they'll finally get rid of the tyranny that requires licenses to drive. Or fly planes, for that matter.

I don't see a big problem. The normal German drivers license for cars was always for cars with a weight for 7.5 tons and lower. The EU changed this to 3.5 tons although this never had been a problem in Germany. It's more in the opposite: Many people are able to help themselves better with such a drivers license. I miss the Brits in the EU - but indeed not everything what the EU did do is really good.

The EU protected us from this shit and now we are stuck with an ectreme right wing government who lied to us.
100,000 required and they want to put kids in them. Never mind wars, we will soon be hearing mum's complaining about their kids dying and killing others in trucks :scared1::scared1::08621:

Ha ha. you still believe Western Governments work for the people.

What for works your government?
The UK is a Plutocracy. So is the US. They work for the hand which feeds them and that is not a little vote every four or five years. As far as elections are concerned they hold little focus groups to find some insignificant thing that they can appear to 'answer' the people on. If my memory serves me well this time the Tories are apparently going for racism...but they will never go for something those who pay them do not want. In a Plutocracy as both the US and UK are the Government serves the few most wealthy. Actually now is a very good example of this. We are experiencing inflation which it is believed is going to carry on for at least another year, maybe two. Now, I need to do some work and find out why but this inflation is apparently caused by the most wealthy few. It is resulting in people finding themselves in a situation where they simply will be unable to both keep the house warm and put food on the table this winter. It is the worst reduction in the standard of living ever known to have happened. Two choices here. Make the few most wealthy pay taxes and get the money to give to everyone in need or make those whose real spending money has dropped and dropped since 2008 move so that they need to bring back soup kitchens and what not. Clearly our Torie Government will go for the few most wealthy and has told them so...........

Last edited:
Ha ha. you still believe Western Governments work for the people.

Very often, not.

But still, do you believe that a government that is more distant, and less accountable to the governed, can be more trusted over a government that is nearer and more accountable?

That's really what this thread, as well as this other equally-stupid thread are about.

Tainted Tommy does not trust his own government, so he wants a distant, unaccountable, foreign government to impose its will on his country. I guess it's not surprising, given his resentment of the fact that almost two and a half centuries ago, my ancestors violently kicked his ancestors out of our country, because we did not want to have a distant, unaccountable, foreign power imposing its will on us.

It is not impossible there could be revolution in the UK in the not too distant future.

The British don't have what it takes to revolt.

No matter how corrupt and tyrannical your government becomes, you'll just sit there like pussies and submit to it.

Long ago, you foolishly allowed your government to strip you of any means to defend yourself against it.

I don't see a big problem. The normal German drivers license for cars was always for cars with a weight for 7.5 tons and lower. The EU changed this to 3.5 tons although this never had been a problem in Germany. It's more in the opposite: Many people are able to help themselves better with such a drivers license. I miss the Brits in the EU - but indeed not everything what the EU did do is really good.
Ive driven a 2.5 tonne truck. But I has ben drivin cars for 3 years by then. I think that is big enough for an untrained kid.
This isnt a blow for freedom. Its a cynical response to a self imposed crisis.

Forum List

Back