BREXIT a “Blow to Global Economy?

I've been reading similar articles across the net since the vote. One says that George Soros is going to make a fortune out of it – as if he wasn't already filthy rich – and is should stress the word filthy. This particular article indicates the wide-spread effects in place already.

South Korean says Brexit blow to integrated global economy @ South Korean says Brexit blow to integrated global economy - One America News Network

As for those living on the US/Mexican border, today's exchange rate is 18.81 pesos for $1. Good for us, horrible for them.

Post-Brexit world: Financial downturn, political turmoil & protests @ Post-Brexit world: Financial downturn, political turmoil & protests

I imagine there are a lot of people that will be shorting the pound.

Does that mean you won't be?

Common, put your money where your mouth is. Sell $10,000 worth of British pounds short.

Not as big as what Republicans did at the end of 2008. Now there was a "blow".

Democrats are the ones who caused the sub-prime mortgage crisis, douche bag. They made lending to subprime borrowers the law of the land.

Pretty sure your boy Bush had a state of the union speech about everyone owning their own home...

Again we have a loser...
Not sure what that proves.
But in any case Obama wasn't buying it because home ownership is at its lowest level in years. Thank, Obama!

Democrats are the ones who caused the sub-prime mortgage crisis, douche bag. They made lending to subprime borrowers the law of the land.

Pretty sure your boy Bush had a state of the union speech about everyone owning their own home...

Again we have a loser...
Even if he did, that doesn't make him responsible for sub-prime mortgages.

Again we have a loser...
Even if he did, that doesn't make him responsible for sub-prime mortgages.
Yes it does. Bush is responsible for sub prime mortgages. He is responsible for the Iraq War. He is responsible for the Brexit. Bush is responsible for every bad thing that ever happened, because he didnt do anything to prevent it.

I've been reading similar articles across the net since the vote. One says that George Soros is going to make a fortune out of it – as if he wasn't already filthy rich – and is should stress the word filthy.
Soros made a fortune by betting against the British pound in 1992.

Whoever bet against the pound last week also made a killing.

So some numbnut probably assumed Soros bet against the pound this time.

He didn't. He opposed Brexit and was long on sterling.

Two trillion dollars went up in smoke last week after the Brexit vote.

Time will tell what the long term financial consequences are.

I've been reading similar articles across the net since the vote. One says that George Soros is going to make a fortune out of it – as if he wasn't already filthy rich – and is should stress the word filthy. This particular article indicates the wide-spread effects in place already.

South Korean says Brexit blow to integrated global economy @ South Korean says Brexit blow to integrated global economy - One America News Network

As for those living on the US/Mexican border, today's exchange rate is 18.81 pesos for $1. Good for us, horrible for them.

Post-Brexit world: Financial downturn, political turmoil & protests @ Post-Brexit world: Financial downturn, political turmoil & protests

Common, put your money where your mouth is. Sell $10,000 worth of British pounds short.
Sell?

I think "buying after it stop falling" is better. If you have a lot of pounds, keep them. It is too late to sell!

Sell?

I think "buying after it stop falling" is better. If you have a lot of pounds, keep them. It is too late to sell!

I said "sell short." That means you make money when the price goes down.

You are demonstrating massive ignorance. Willful stupidity.

Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, AIG, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan were not subject to the CRA.

Only the dumbest of the willfully stupid still believe the CRA had anything to do with the crash.

It was greed. Pure greed. And stupidity.

I suppose the negroes of Iceland were to blame for the crash.

I suppose the blacks in Ireland were responsible for the crash of Allied Irish Bank, and the Bank of Ireland, and the Anglo Irish Banks.

Royal Bank of Scotland.

Kaupthing.

Bradford & Bingley.

Landsbanki.

Bankia.

UniCredit.

The Spanish cajas.

Yup. Musta been the CRA! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

You are demonstrating massive ignorance. Willful stupidity.

Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, AIG, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan were not subject to the CRA.

Only the dumbest of the willfully stupid still believe the CRA had anything to do with the crash.

It was greed. Pure greed. And stupidity.

True, they weren't subject to the CRA, but they don't sell mortgages on single family homes. So what point do you imagine you have scored?

I suppose the negroes of Iceland were to blame for the crash.

I suppose the blacks in Ireland were responsible for the crash of Allied Irish Bank, and the Bank of Ireland, and the Anglo Irish Banks.

Royal Bank of Scotland.

Kaupthing.

Bradford & Bingley.

Landsbanki.

Bankia.

UniCredit.

The Spanish cajas.

Yup. Musta been the CRA! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

A lot of foreign banks were heavily invested in U.S. real estate. At the time, I had a mortgage through a big Swedish bank.

God, the diversions and deflections continue. What the hell does US politics have to do with the BREXIT vote?

To me, the vote was simply a revolt against "politics as usual" and a demand to return to the values the UK was built upon.

God, the diversions and deflections continue. What the hell does US politics have to do with the BREXIT vote?

To me, the vote was simply a revolt against "politics as usual" and a demand to return to the values the UK was built upon.
I think it was a revolt against the unaccountable EU bureaucracy and the encroaching police state it was evolving into.

Forum List

Back