Breaking: Two Police Officers Shot Outside Ferguson Police Department

If blacks don't like tickets or being arrested maybe they should stop committing crimes. Stop blaming police for doing their job.

Ironically both of the cops that were shot, were not on the Ferguson Police force.
Maybe behavior like this is why the Ferguson Police treated the people like they did.
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The egg cams first!!!!
Dinosaurus were laying eggs million of years before chickens were on the earth!
?? What does THAT have to do with the criminals in Ferguson???
I was asking if the police were the first to start the problem or was it the people. From news sources, the police have been using the citizens to generate revenue for years. Doing so with quota tickets and trumped up charges. So, the question is, "which party started the mess?" That's what I meant by which came first, the chicken or the egg. Your opinion? Was it the police that started the mess, or was it the people?

the police have been using the citizens to generate revenue for years. Doing so with quota tickets and trumped up charges
Just another excuse, to justify bad behavior by the citizens. Do you actually believe, no other city, town or village uses a quota system for tickets? Traffic Cops are nothing more that Revenue Agents in most places. You think those traffic cameras are there to make you safer? You would not believe the amount of money they bring in.

This could very well have been Russia or ISIS or any other of many sources. They may have lit the fuse but we sure made the powder keg. In one report that said that the crowd got aggressive and some of the police drew guns. My guess is one of those people who had a gun drawn on them went home, got the rifle, came back, and fired off a few rounds.

My guess is the shooter was boozed/drugged out.

Ahh, tis easy to use the cover of protests by others to carry out a deadly deed.

#Policelivesmatter

FERGUSON • Two police officers were hit by gunfire early Thursday outside the Ferguson police department.

The shots were fired as police were confronting protesters who had gathered outside the police station.

Ferguson Lt. Col. Al Eickhoff said he didn't think either of the officers were from his department. He also didn't know the extent of their injuries. Eickhoff was not at the scene at the time of the shooting but he said he was headed there.

A police source said one of the officers is a St. Louis County officer and the other a Webster Groves officer.

The shots rang out as the protests appeared to be dwindling. Some of the protesters fell to the ground and others ran.

Several members of the media, including a Post-Dispatch reporter and photographer, were near the officers who were hit.

Two police officers are shot in Ferguson News
So, if the officer has resigned, why the protest?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Ironically both of the cops that were shot, were not on the Ferguson Police force.
Maybe behavior like this is why the Ferguson Police treated the people like they did.

The egg cams first!!!!
I was asking if the police were the first to start the problem or was it the people. From news sources, the police have been using the citizens to generate revenue for years. Doing so with quota tickets and trumped up charges. So, the question is, "which party started the mess?" That's what I meant by which came first, the chicken or the egg. Your opinion? Was it the police that started the mess, or was it the people?

The city council sets ticket quotas. Not the police. Any cop will tell you he sees more law breaking every day than he writes tickets for.

The egg cams first!!!!

the police have been using the citizens to generate revenue for years. Doing so with quota tickets and trumped up charges
Just another excuse, to justify bad behavior by the citizens. Do you actually believe, no other city, town or village uses a quota system for tickets? Traffic Cops are nothing more that Revenue Agents in most places. You think those traffic cameras are there to make you safer? You would not believe the amount of money they bring in.
I got a speeding ticket once. I figured I would just show up and see if the judge would be nice. There were like 100 Mexicans in there (sorry, making a point). Everyone of them were just paying their ticket. I ended up having to just pay the ticket. At the counter the woman said, "Oh, don't do that. Oh, there's ____. Talk to him." So I talked to the lawyer hanging out there. He said for $200 he would see what he could do. I gave him $200, he walked right up to the front of the court room, said something to the judge, and my ticket was gone. This is the way it is, I just happened to be standing there at the time. Pay a lawyer and ticket disappears, don't and get screwed. Same everywhere and for all crimes from traffic tickets to murder.

The egg cams first!!!!

I got a speeding ticket once. I figured I would just show up and see if the judge would be nice. There were like 100 Mexicans in there (sorry, making a point). Everyone of them were just paying their ticket. I ended up having to just pay the ticket. At the counter the woman said, "Oh, don't do that. Oh, there's ____. Talk to him." So I talked to the lawyer hanging out there. He said for $200 he would see what he could do. I gave him $200, he walked right up to the front of the court room, said something to the judge, and my ticket was gone. This is the way it is, I just happened to be standing there at the time. Pay a lawyer and ticket disappears, don't and get screwed. Same everywhere and for all crimes from traffic tickets to murder.

This is why it is more of a legal system and less of a judicial system that has to do with justice.

This could very well have been Russia or ISIS or any other of many sources. They may have lit the fuse but we sure made the powder keg. In one report that said that the crowd got aggressive and some of the police drew guns. My guess is one of those people who had a gun drawn on them went home, got the rifle, came back, and fired off a few rounds.

I very much doubt it. First I don't think they had a weapon with them, definitely not carrying around a rifle and second the targeting was a steady hand, and third only three shots, that I heard in the video.

Ahh, tis easy to use the cover of protests by others to carry out a deadly deed.

#Policelivesmatter

FERGUSON • Two police officers were hit by gunfire early Thursday outside the Ferguson police department.

The shots were fired as police were confronting protesters who had gathered outside the police station.

Ferguson Lt. Col. Al Eickhoff said he didn't think either of the officers were from his department. He also didn't know the extent of their injuries. Eickhoff was not at the scene at the time of the shooting but he said he was headed there.

A police source said one of the officers is a St. Louis County officer and the other a Webster Groves officer.

The shots rang out as the protests appeared to be dwindling. Some of the protesters fell to the ground and others ran.

Several members of the media, including a Post-Dispatch reporter and photographer, were near the officers who were hit.

What goes around, comes around. The way they've treated the people there, it was bound to happen sooner or later. In my opinion, this is just the beginning. It wouldn't surprise me to hear about shootings of this nature all across the country in the coming months. Cops have been asking for this for many years now, and now they have what they've been looking for. Riots, shootings, civil unrest, protests, and marches will become common place, for several reasons. We've created a poor, dependent, frustrated, and angry citizenry. Oppressed people will soon revolt, and authority will sleep with one eye open.

When you take away citizens' rights, their freedom, and opportunities to be self-supporting members of society, you create an angry people, one that will grow tired of oppression and revolt. For now, it's anger directed towards members of law enforcement, next it'll be anger directed at any authority. This anger has been growing for many years now, and it's only going to get worse with time.

You're joking with this right? Not even they deserve what just happened to them. Go sit in fron of a mirror and contemplate the vileness that you just issued forth.
Sonny is right. This is just the 47% playing survival of the fittest. At least half the world is probably wondering why this screwed up system did not break down before now. This goes on the heads of all political leaders since Lyndon B. Johnson. This only the beginning. And those shots sounded like they came from a high powered rifle and the targeting would suggest someone with at least moderate skill. Oh, and violent crack downs don't work very well. Time to learn from others.
Correct. This has been brewing for many years now, if not decades. People have been pushed into a corner, and even animals try to fight their way out when cornered. It's not just law enforcement that's abused their power and authority, but government in general. Society in general has been oppressed and used, abused and neglected, and now the tired and the weary are pushing back. Throughout history, around the world, this same scenario has been played out hundreds of times. As a matter of fact, this nation was founded as a result of people revolting against an oppressive authority. I predicted this years ago, and knew that one day, the people would say, "enough is enough".

We're subjected to excessive taxation, invasion of privacy, and freedom has become just a nice sounding word, with little if any real meaning. We've created a poor and dependent citizenry, dependent on government assistance programs and unemployment checks. Our elections are rigged by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Our government has become an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself.

People aren't totally blind to this. When given an excuse to revolt, such as we're seeing now, it's only natural that frustrations and anger surface. Citizens feel the pain of oppression, they feel the heavy hand of authority pressing them further into submission, and they've had enough. Where does the blame lie? Do we blame the servant or do we blame the master? Do we continue to bow and cower, allowing authority to ignore rights, justice, and freedom? Or, do we speak up and demand consideration? Have we reached a point to where citizens will demand that their cries be heard, and their voice are recognized?

I don't have a crystal ball, but I do know people, know their anger and frustrations, and know that when the time comes, they will revolt. History is filled with stories and accounts of people standing against oppression and absolute rule. Why would we be an exception? Is America exempt from internal unrest and revolt? Personally, I don't believe that we are exempt. Times are hard, people are hurting, and many see no light at the end of the tunnel. So, what do you believe is their alternative?

Oh, and I also heard one of the people at the protest saying bullets were whizzing right past his head. Given that bullets where going right over one person's head and hitting the upper body of the police that is only a two to three feet window. I would almost be surprised if they were using open sights.

#Policelivesmatter

What goes around, comes around. The way they've treated the people there, it was bound to happen sooner or later. In my opinion, this is just the beginning. It wouldn't surprise me to hear about shootings of this nature all across the country in the coming months. Cops have been asking for this for many years now, and now they have what they've been looking for. Riots, shootings, civil unrest, protests, and marches will become common place, for several reasons. We've created a poor, dependent, frustrated, and angry citizenry. Oppressed people will soon revolt, and authority will sleep with one eye open.

When you take away citizens' rights, their freedom, and opportunities to be self-supporting members of society, you create an angry people, one that will grow tired of oppression and revolt. For now, it's anger directed towards members of law enforcement, next it'll be anger directed at any authority. This anger has been growing for many years now, and it's only going to get worse with time.

You're joking with this right? Not even they deserve what just happened to them. Go sit in fron of a mirror and contemplate the vileness that you just issued forth.
Sonny is right. This is just the 47% playing survival of the fittest. At least half the world is probably wondering why this screwed up system did not break down before now. This goes on the heads of all political leaders since Lyndon B. Johnson. This only the beginning. And those shots sounded like they came from a high powered rifle and the targeting would suggest someone with at least moderate skill. Oh, and violent crack downs don't work very well. Time to learn from others.
Correct. This has been brewing for many years now, if not decades. People have been pushed into a corner, and even animals try to fight their way out when cornered. It's not just law enforcement that's abused their power and authority, but government in general. Society in general has been oppressed and used, abused and neglected, and now the tired and the weary are pushing back. Throughout history, around the world, this same scenario has been played out hundreds of times. As a matter of fact, this nation was founded as a result of people revolting against an oppressive authority. I predicted this years ago, and knew that one day, the people would say, "enough is enough".

We're subjected to excessive taxation, invasion of privacy, and freedom has become just a nice sounding word, with little if any real meaning. We've created a poor and dependent citizenry, dependent on government assistance programs and unemployment checks. Our elections are rigged by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Our government has become an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself.

People aren't totally blind to this. When given an excuse to revolt, such as we're seeing now, it's only natural that frustrations and anger surface. Citizens feel the pain of oppression, they feel the heavy hand of authority pressing them further into submission, and they've had enough. Where does the blame lie? Do we blame the servant or do we blame the master? Do we continue to bow and cower, allowing authority to ignore rights, justice, and freedom? Or, do we speak up and demand consideration? Have we reached a point to where citizens will demand that their cries be heard, and their voice are recognized?

I don't have a crystal ball, but I do know people, know their anger and frustrations, and know that when the time comes, they will revolt. History is filled with stories and accounts of people standing against oppression and absolute rule. Why would we be an exception? Is America exempt from internal unrest and revolt? Personally, I don't believe that we are exempt. Times are hard, people are hurting, and many see no light at the end of the tunnel. So, what do you believe is their alternative?
You write professionally, don't you? That was amazing.

Oh, and I also heard one of the people at the protest saying bullets were whizzing right past his head. Given that bullets where going right over one person's head and hitting the upper body of the police that is only a two to three feet window. I would almost be surprised if they were using open sights.
This was a predictable outcome of "Hands up, don't shoot" narrative encouraged by the administration and their apologists. They want the masses distracted with concerns about 'the police' not the few bad ones, but all. Why? Distractions from what the elites are doing.

#Policelivesmatter

The egg cams first!!!!
The political parties started it. By being greedy and wanting to hold onto power.

Which ties into your post at #66.....Blaming the cops for doing the job of upholding the laws that EVERYONE JUST HAD TO HAVE!

This is the product of people passing more and more laws to cover every little minute aspect of our lives. We pass laws by the thousands, and then complain and bitch about the people we say, "YOU have to go out and make sure these laws are follwed!"

And then bitch about the fact that they are doing their job.

Of course, no blame to the perps...right? They are ALL victims....right?
In ways, both sides are wrong. I also blame the government for years of abuse of power and authority. I blame John Q. Public for allowing it to happen. I blame cops for allowing their superiors to demand that they write BS quota tickets and arrest citizens just to generate revenue. I blame citizens for waiting until it reached this point before speaking out and demanding justice. We can blame both sides, we can list the wrongs, and we can silence the public with more oppressive authority and power. There are many things we can do, but what are the "Right" things to do? How do we correct both sides and bring peace and agreeable resolution? What are the root causes, and how to we address each cause so that both sides are happy?

I don't believe that anyone agrees with both sides totally, and accepts murder and violence as an answer. I certainly don't. But, what are the alternatives when absolute power exerts itself? Are the people suppose to cower and bow, continue to be servants to an oppressive government that dictates one's every movement, spoken word, and social status? I don't have all of the answers, and don't believe that anyone does, but something has to happen to bring about much needed change. In the end, our voices are all we have. And, we must start somewhere using our voices to bring attention to the many wrongs in this once great nation. Ferguson just happens to be the center of attention right now, but communities all across this country feel the same pain, the same frustrations, and the same anger.

Lets hope that people realize that murder and violence is not the answer, and that we continue the protests until our cries are heard, and our voices carry weight.

The egg cams first!!!!

Damn, how much was the speeding ticket for that paying $200 to the lawyer was cheaper for you?

[

The egg cams first!!!!

I blame globalization, myself (using your line of logic, that is......).
Do you mean, "The Global Economy"? If so, then I agree that it is a partial reason. Simply due to the fact that the global economy has created a poor and dependent citizenry. And, just curious, what "line of logic" do you believe that I used or was referring to? Thanks.

I think the essential qustion is not 'who started it', but who influenced it to get to this point.
I believe that the anger and frustrations of the people reached a boiling point.

The egg cams first!!!!

Thus the reason for what we're seeing take place. The people didn't start this mess.

This is obama's legacy.
Go ahead, use this tragedy for a political motive to trsh the President. We do not expect any better.

Let's go ahead and leave politics out of this. It is the political rhetoric that most likely led to this shooting.

Not really. Nearly all of these rioters never vote and don't give a damn what's happening in this country.

Oh, and political rhetoric didn't cause the Gabriella Giffords shooting either, just so you know.

Forum List

Back