Breaking: Romney To Enter Race If Rubio Can't Stop Trump On Super Tuesday

I hope he does enter so the voters can reject him also :)

Note to the GOPe. The American people want Trump...period...that's it.....not this guy..........or that guy....Trump.........T......R.......U.....M........P..........Trump.......as in.....Donald........J........Trump.

GOPe.....after Mitt gets slapped down and you have thoughts of asking Santa Clause to enter the race please re-read above statement

He would be the establishment's last hope to beat Trump.

Bombshell: Insider Leaks Koch Bros, Rubio Plan to Stop Trump

Romney has no organization and Super Tuesday is two days away. Even if Romney entered the race, what would be his path to the nomination?
He's one of the few (only?) Republican potential dark horse candidates who has the organization to try something like this.

Are people really forgetting how much love and enthusiasm he got on the campaign trail during the 2014 mid-term elections?

Joe, if Rubio doesn't beat Trump in Florida, he is a post toasty. As of this moment, he has little chance, but there is still time; yet for some reason, I seriously doubt it.

Florida doesn't happen until the 15th. If Kasich and Cruz get out and put their support behind Rubio, he might sand a chance.

I think though, that after Tuesday, Trump might have so much momentum he won't be stoppable. shame on the GOP for letting this happen.
So, you are saying the Establishment should alter the wishes of the voters and shame on them for not doing it? You are certainly used to the rigging of elections by the Democrats, that's for sure.

Why would Ted Cruz want to help Rubio? Most Republicans prefer Ted Cruz to Rubio. Only the establishment filth prefer Rubio.

Because the Establishment has all the money, dumbass. Cruz has probably already tapped out all the mouth-breathers who support him. Trump has no intention of self-financing his own campaign. so these guys are going to go up against Hillary's 3 BILLION dollar war chest and all they are going to have is.... well, not a lot of money.
We all know how $$$$$$$ has had such a HUGE impact on the elections ;)

Dems won't be able to buy the election...not this time around (if Trump is the nominee)

The DNC has always rigged their voting with the superdelegates, taking the decision away from voters and keeping it with the Party elders. Democrats don't seem to mind, they don't know better, or they just don't care. But Republicans do care and don't want the decision to be taken out of their hands.

the SuperDelegates are meant to keep the Democrats from nominating another McGovern. I think AFTER Trump loses 50 states to Hillary, the GOP will put in a similar rule.
Then why bother having primaries if the election is controlled by the Establishment? Is the entire process just a ruse on the part of the DNC?

So, you are saying the Establishment should alter the wishes of the voters and shame on them for not doing it? You are certainly used to the rigging of elections by the Democrats, that's for sure.

I should point out YOUR side were the ones who said, "ignore the will of the voters" in 2000 and give the election to Bush even though Gore had gotten the most votes.

If you want to go there.

The thing is, if you want this to be the "Will of the voters", then you have a single, nationwide primary all on the same day. That's not the system we have in EITHER party.

The fact the GOP is openly talking about a convention fight if Trump wins tells me your side has no intent of saying the voters have spoken.

Dems won't be able to buy the election...not this time around (if Trump is the nominee)

Buddy,, to be honest, I don't see how Trump wins in November. I've talked to Republicans who told me they'll phone bank for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

The only scenario I can see where Trump wins in the General is if Bloomberg jumps in and splits the anti-Trump vote. And even then, it's just as likely that the contest will be thrown into Congress.

You see, here's the thing. Four years of Hillary could be good for the GOP. They can rail against her to the rubes while making deals with her. Then in 2018, with all those Democrat Seats coming up in the Senate, they'll have the off-year advantage.

I should point out YOUR side were the ones who said, "ignore the will of the voters" in 2000 and give the election to Bush even though Gore had gotten the most votes.

If you want to go there.

The thing is, if you want this to be the "Will of the voters", then you have a single, nationwide primary all on the same day. That's not the system we have in EITHER party.

The fact the GOP is openly talking about a convention fight if Trump wins tells me your side has no intent of saying the voters have spoken.
I believe they are speculating that Trump may not have enough delegates to pass on the first vote. Then there will be a fight.

Then why bother having primaries if the election is controlled by the Establishment? Is the entire process just a ruse on the part of the DNC?

Primaries are a recent thing, and a lot of states don't have them.

If the GOP primaries were a settled thing, a lot of GOP voters could pull Democratic ballots and vote for Bernie... but there's no reason why the Democratic Establishment should go along with that.

My own opinion, voting in primaries should be restricted to registered members of the respective parties.

It's the end of February and Trump still hasn't released a single year of tax returns. What is he hiding and why is his tax information a non-issue?

Buddy,, to be honest, I don't see how Trump wins in November. I've talked to Republicans who told me they'll phone bank for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

The only scenario I can see where Trump wins in the General is if Bloomberg jumps in and splits the anti-Trump vote. And even then, it's just as likely that the contest will be thrown into Congress.

You see, here's the thing. Four years of Hillary could be good for the GOP. They can rail against her to the rubes while making deals with her. Then in 2018, with all those Democrat Seats coming up in the Senate, they'll have the off-year advantage.
I kinda believe that Trump is doing this to get Hillary elected! He's a liar,fraud,and a huckster who is duping the non-intellectuals into believing his ugly rap.

It's the end of February and Trump still hasn't released a single year of tax returns. What is he hiding and why is his tax information a non-issue?
Because he's under audit and has been advised by lawyers to not release his tax returns until the audit is over. Of course that will not suffice for the irrational.

He wins if his base gets out and votes. He's bringing a ton of new people into the tent, do not underestimate is support. People are making the fatal mistake of thinking this is like every other election. He'll more than likely win states that Republicans haven't been able to win. It's a movement Joe- a very large one at that

He wins if his base gets out and votes. He's bringing a ton of new people into the tent, do not underestimate is support. People are making the fatal mistake of thinking this is like every other election. He'll more than likely win states that Republicans haven't been able to win. It's a movement Joe- a very large one at that

CK, I respect you, but i think you are wrong on this.

As I've stated elsewhere, my family was from Germany originally. (Or as they called it around the house, "The Old Country") And I often wondered how a clown like Hitler got into power.

I am hoping we are not seeing the same thing here. Trump is a cheap demagogue. Rubio and Cruz are awful, but I have no doubt they could do a reasonably good job of running the country. So could Hillary.

If Trump's base are the people who can't tell you who is on the Supreme Court, but can tell you who the judges on "The Voice" are this year... I'm not sure I want a president selected by those people. I would rather they NOT vote.

Now, I'll say this. I give everyone a lot of shit. But most USMB Posters are more connected than the average voter. We pay attention to this stuff. So when I see guys I know supported Romney last time telling me that Trump is an awful idea, that's signifigant.

I see a lot of people on the right support Trump, not necessarily because they know or even care what he stands for. They just run on raw emotion. We can't run a government on raw emotion.

Final point. THere are things Trump says I agree with. His stance on Free Trade I support 100%. But if we are going to elect a clown to show how angry we are at a do-nothing government, that's a sad reflection on us.

Just visited the RNC Facebook page. The RNC is still being threatened by a lot of folks that they had best not try to steal the election from Trump. If they try any dirty tricks, the election will go to Hillary. The voters will simply stay home.

Some might stay home.

Others, the really pissed-off ones, will drive another nail in the "mainstream" coffin with a vote FOR Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky.

Provided, of course, she's running.

Thin gruel, that.

Once Super Tuesday is over, I can't see how Romney coming in has a chance of getting the required delegates to clinch the nomination. The Establishment must be thinking about changing the rules of the convention, allowing delegates to vote for a different candidate from who they were pledged on the first ballot. That's rigging the election of a nominee and I think Republicans will roar in defiance of such maneuvers. The Establishment is toying with ruining the Republican Party!

The DNC has always rigged their voting with the superdelegates, taking the decision away from voters and keeping it with the Party elders. Democrats don't seem to mind, they don't know better, or they just don't care. But Republicans do care and don't want the decision to be taken out of their hands.

I think they want to send it to a brokered convention. That's assuming Romney gets alot of backing. I think that's a big assumption at this point

Because he's under audit and has been advised by lawyers to not release his tax returns until the audit is over. Of course that will not suffice for the irrational.

I wouldn't have cares till he started claiming he was being audited due to his "strong Christian faith"

Now I'm thinking there is something there or why lie about it?

Forum List

Back