Breaking News: Sandmann lawyer joins Rittenhouse team, says Zuckerberg a 'top' target of numerous 'solid' lawsuits

He shot them in justifiable self defense as the JURY and the Video's make clear.
Again, that was just one jury's interpretation, after the judge gave very limiting instructions.

if he sues Facebook for defamation, then all of it comes in. The Proud Boys, his bragging on tape about wanting to shoot a black man, his beating up the 14 year old girl, etc.

Facebook isn't going to have the worst civil servant in Kenosha County, they are going to have top notch civil attorneys.

If OJ had been tried in the Beverly Hills Courthouse where he should have been due to the location of the crime AND his residency, he would have been convicted in a heartbeat. Beverly Hills is used to dealing with rich and celebrity defendants. The judges there aren't starstruck like Lance Ito was and would have reined in the antics of the defense team. The jury would have been drawn from Beverly Hills, Beverly Wood, Bel Air, West LA and Santa Monica, all affluent areas with an educated jury pool. You wouldn't have had jurors so ignorant that they would say "I don't know no DNA, DNA just means OJ gots blood". That's a direct quote from one of the jurors who was interviewed after the trial.

which tells me that the prosecution did a poor job explaining the DNA evidence, dragging it over three days of very technical testimony.

The DNA evidence became meaningless when you had every bit of evidence found or handled by an officer who lied about using the N-word, and then was caught using the N-word on tape.

You mean the video where he hits a 14-year-old bully who was attacking his sister? That would reinforce his character, not detract from it.

Sure. You go with that, buddy.

Once again, Rittenhouse's complaint will not be predicated on what others said of him on Facebook per Section 230. It will be predicated on what Facebook claimed about the incident and about Rittenhouse himself by association. As for the misinformation regarding Rittenhouse's identity, as for Facebook taking that misinformation down: I anticipate that Rittenhouse's attorneys will argue that Facebook demonstrated a conscious understanding of what constitutes libelously harmful disinformation. Hence, it knew better than to intentionally mischaracterize Rittenhouse's actions.

We shall see if the argument holds up, and there are plenty other targets.

And they will all fail. They have tape of Rittenhouse shooting people. Characterizing it as a mass shooting or murder was perfectly within bounds, as a GRAND JURY indicted him for murder.

What's the point of having all that money if you don't enjoy yourself?

Not everyone wants to blow their money on a "mansion" or a bunch of gaudy crap. (Though I'm sure you would.) Blowing money on crap is how lottery winners end up broke. Hell, my only major purchase would probably be a new motorcycle. I'm quite happy with where I live and what I drive.

The settlement is confidential because he's probably too embarrassed to admit how little he got.

No, it's confidential because, as happens in many settlements, that was part of the deal.

Not everyone wants to blow their money on a "mansion" or a bunch of gaudy crap. (Though I'm sure you would.) Blowing money on crap is how lottery winners end up broke. Hell, my only major purchase would probably be a new motorcycle. I'm quite happy with where I live and what I drive.

Uh, yeah, ditchweed, you probably think that a motorcycle is living large.

No, it's confidential because, as happens in many settlements, that was part of the deal.

Because he didn't get that much.

The media lied about nearly everything.

He had every rigt to be there.

You claim a mob had a right to be there, but he didnt?

Shut up you cult sheep.

The media lied over and over and over and over.

He had no business being there. You are the empty headed cult member.

No, you are confused.

The jury determined his actions were self defense so that puts him in the cat bird's seat.

Kyle will get millions and millions out of his lawsuits. Most, if not all, will be settle before going to jury.

Kyle is Johnny Depp. All those hateful Moon Bat jackasses that slandered him are Amber Herd.

You are outright stupid. The jury verdict has no bearing on the issue. He will get nothing if they decide to fight this. He became a public figure when he shot people. He then gave interviews about it. He is now a public figure. Defamation is no longer a issue.

You are outright stupid. The jury verdict has no bearing on the issue. He will get nothing if they decide to fight this. He became a public figure when he shot people. He then gave interviews about it. He is now a public figure. Defamation is no longer a issue.
Bullshit. If you are going to viciously publicly slander somebody by calling them a murderer and White Supremacist and say untrue things like he carried a gun over state lines then you had better be able to prove it and his not guilty verdict by a jury proves that he was none of those things.

These cases will be settled out of court and the American hero will be very rich, thanks to the hate of the deranged sicko Liberals.

Once again, we see that you routinely fail to inform yourself about the actual nature of things. The angle has nothing to do with what users posted but with what Facebook posted and did:

From the article:

. . . Though the legal process for potential defamation cases is just beginning, McMurtry singled out Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook for a "factually false" designation on the platform that listed the Kenosha shootings as a "mass murder" incident. The designation resulted in Rittenhouse’s social media accounts being pulled down and restricting positive comments about the teenager.​

"Let's just use for an example what Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg said about [Rittenhouse]. They said that he was involved in a mass murder incident," McMurtry explained. "This was not a mass murder incident. It was clearly factually false."​
"To call somebody a mass murderer is seriously defamatory. And then to use the power of social media to basically … censor any views that would take opposition to that mass murderer statement is a serious effort to destroy his character. And it was seriously mistaken and seriously defamatory."​

Outrage erupted after Facebook and Instagram designated the shooting during the Kenoohsa riot a "mass murder incident" before a trial or verdict, with the Wall Street Journal's editorial board arguing in 2020 that such a designation hurt the teenager's shot at due process and called the move an "alarming resort to censorship."

There was no defamation. Once he killed people, he became a public figure. He lost any claim to defamation. Facebook has free speech rights as well. I would sue Rittenhouse and his scumbag attorneys under the RICO statutes.

Bullshit. If you are going to viciously publicly slander somebody by calling them a murderer and White Supremacist and say untrue things like he carried a gun over state lines then you had better be able to prove it and his not guilty verdict by a jury proves that he was none of those things.

These cases will be settled out of court and the American hero will be very rich, thanks to the hate of the deranged sicko Liberals.

You are bullshit. Rittenhouse is a murderer who got away with it thanks to a crooked judge and jury nullification. The verdict means nothing. There was nothing untrue. Rittenhousde will not make millions unless they chicken out.

The videos do no such thing. It was jury nullification.

The videos are what the JURY saw and decided on, I watched the video's too and here from NPR about the Jury decision:

Why the Kyle Rittenhouse 'not guilty' verdict is not a surprise to legal experts

"After 27 hours of deliberation over the course of four days, a jury declared Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty on the five charges he faced after fatally shooting two people and wounding a third during a night of unrest in Kenosha, Wis., last year."

Declared NOT GUILTY on all 5 charges.

Days after he told a conservative podcast that he was going to Texas A&M University, Kyle Rittenhouse corrected himself on Twitter to say that he is planning to attend Blinn College, a two-year public college, this year.

His announcement comes one day after a Texas A&M spokesperson told The Texas Tribune on Sunday that Rittenhouse had not in fact been accepted at the Tier One research university for this summer or fall, despite his claims about his plans to attend. The university would not say whether Rittenhouse had applied to the school.

Prove it Moon Bat.

The jury that heard all the evidence found him innocent.

Stop with your mindless sicko hate. It just makes you look like an idiot.

Jury nullification, a biased judge and a incompetent prosecutor do not impress me. He was out there looking for Trouble with a gun.

Jury nullification, a biased judge and a incompetent prosecutor do not impress me. He was out there looking for Trouble with a gun.
The state was not able to prove that it was murder and neither can you Moon Bat. You continue to embarass yourself.

The state was not able to prove that it was murder and neither can you Moon Bat. You continue to embarass yourself.

The facts show it was murder. The jury ignored the facts. You are the embarrassment as you know nothing about the law as you have amply demonstrated.

This will go nowhere unless they get cold feet. I would fight it as Rittenhouse does not have a leg to stand on. He shot multiple people. Just because a jury corruptly allowed him to go free, that does not prevent the media from invoking their free speech rights. He had no business being there. Once he shot them, he became a public figure. There is no defamation.
If you call a doctor a "quack", that is the textbook example for "defamation". Calling an innocent minor a "murderer" goes FAR beyond "quack". This is a slam dunk case that will net him 10's of millions of dollars.

Posing for photographs with them? Flashing what looked like white supremacy hand signals? Defense will have fun with that.
You think a rational lawyer is going to bring a "hand sigals that look like white supremacy" argument to a court of law? Pfff :laugh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back