Breaking News Another Shooting at a GA High School

January 31, 2013

White-Wingers Fighting-Back

"A manhunt was underway for two suspects after an assistant district attorney was gunned down Thursday outside a courthouse in Kaufman, Texas.

The prosecutor was shot five times around 9 a.m. local time outside the Kaufman County Courthouse, ambushed while getting out of his car, KDFW-TV is reporting.

Sheriff David Byrnes said the killing was an attack on the criminal justice system."This is the next level (of crime)," he said.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that "authorities with knowledge of the assistant DA's caseload say he had been heavily involved in the investigation of members of the Aryan Brotherhood."

:eusa_whistle:

nodog... not defending fox or praising cnn or whatever.. hell, NBC news website has nothing yet.... but since the OP mentioned it breaking on Fox News.. I went to the local Fox ATL affiliate site... tehre are more details there now than when I first posted, but still not much more than you posted

nodog... not defending fox or praising cnn or whatever.. hell, NBC news website has nothing yet.... but since the OP mentioned it breaking on Fox News.. I went to the local Fox ATL affiliate site... tehre are more details there now than when I first posted, but still not much more than you posted

I was 100% wrong. I apologize if you can understand my words with my foot solidly in my mouth.

CNN has less than Fox.

I apologize for my mistake and I have removed the post.

I was totally wrong - no excuses.

From Fox News website.. not a lot of details, except 2 in custody

Now we just sit back and wait for people to blame the guns instead of the perps again

Yes, everyone knows that guns have nothing at all WHATSOEVER to do with gun violence.

Yeah.. the guns did all that violence.. they made the people commit those acts :rolleyes:

What happens this time if it was NOT an 'assault weapon' from the newest list?? Expand the list??

Now we just sit back and wait for people to blame the guns instead of the perps again

Yes, everyone knows that guns have nothing at all WHATSOEVER to do with gun violence.

Would you prefer grenade violence?

Seems the biggest factor in violence is human beings. Perhaps we should address that and find ways to empower people instead of depowering them.

The term "assault weapon" has been a moving target for many years now. I don't give two hoots about an "assault weapons" ban.

I think that for right now we should require a background check for every gun sale, allow the ATF (or some other agency) to maintain a database of gun sales, require dealers to conduct inventories, require gun dealers to refuse sale to obviously intoxicated people, and hold gun owners liable if they are grossly neglegent in securing their weapons when their weapons are used to commit a crime. Also beef up school security with building codes and strictly enforce monitored entry/exit. Shield teachers and school administrators from blowback from reporting and demanding treatment for students who might pose a risk, and make mental health professionals more readily available at schools.

That doesn't infringe on anyone's second amendment rights. So let's try it and see if it helps.

Yeah.. the guns did all that violence.. they made the people commit those acts :rolleyes:

What happens this time if it was NOT an 'assault weapon' from the newest list?? Expand the list??

There are a few simple undeniable facts that hardcore 2nd Amendment advocates refuse to acknowledge. One is that gun violence wouldn't happen without guns anymore than it would happen without emotionally upset or psychologically unsound people. It's the combination of the two. Another fact is that there are WAY too many guns floating around in this country in the hands of irresponsible people. They may not be felons. And they may be generally law-abiding citizens. But they're NOT necessarily responsible. They leave weapons around loaded. They leave them where they can get stolen. They allow too many people to have access to where weapons are kept. The list goes on and on. I saw a stat the other day that about 235,000 guns are STOLEN every year from homes. To me, that's just one more sign of irresponsible gun ownership.

Furthermore, the NRA opposes extending background checks to ALL gun transactions. Now why would that be? Could it be that the gun lobby doesn't want to lose a customer base that might not otherwise legally be allowed to buy guns?

From what I can tell, the NRA is acting as irresponsibly as many gun owners who want to have what they want without any real accountability to anyone. But being in possession of a deadly weapon which is specifically designed and manufactured to kill other human beings brings with it a responsibility to others in the community. It's time that these gun owners start behaving responsibly. And if they refuse to do so on their own, perhaps it's time that laws are passed to require compliance under penalty of law and possibly of being sued by victims of gun violence. Perhaps requiring gun owners to purchase gun insurance is something that should be looked at.

But whatever does happen, it shouldn't be allowed to continue the way it has for decades with no real gun owner accountability.

There are a few simple undeniable facts that hardcore 2nd Amendment advocates refuse to acknowledge. One is that gun violence wouldn't happen without guns anymore than it would happen without emotionally upset or psychologically unsound people. It's the combination of the two. Another fact is that there are WAY too many guns floating around in this country in the hands of irresponsible people. They may not be felons. And they may be generally law-abiding citizens. But they're NOT necessarily responsible. They leave weapons around loaded. They leave them where they can get stolen. They allow too many people to have access to where weapons are kept. The list goes on and on. I saw a stat the other day that about 235,000 guns are STOLEN every year from homes. To me, that's just one more sign of irresponsible gun ownership.

Furthermore, the NRA opposes extending background checks to ALL gun transactions. Now why would that be? Could it be that the gun lobby doesn't want to lose a customer base that might not otherwise legally be allowed to buy guns?

From what I can tell, the NRA is acting as irresponsibly as many gun owners who want to have what they want without any real accountability to anyone. But being in possession of a deadly weapon which is specifically designed and manufactured to kill other human beings brings with it a responsibility to others in the community. It's time that these gun owners start behaving responsibly. And if they refuse to do so on their own, perhaps it's time that laws are passed to require compliance under penalty of law and possibly of being sued by victims of gun violence. Perhaps requiring gun owners to purchase gun insurance is something that should be looked at.

But whatever does happen, it shouldn't be allowed to continue the way it has for decades with no real gun owner accountability.

Would it make you feel better if it were IED violence??

Who says I agree with everything with the NRA or that I am even a member?? I am a gun owner who is not an NRA member, and I do not think they speak for all gun owners...

This is no more 'gun violence' than it is Nike Shoe violence (if that was the shoes the person was wearing and using to walk around to do the deed)... it is simply a violent tragedy done by some disturbed person

If people didn't have guns, there would be no mass shootings or school shootings, etc. Another huge problem is letting kids and the mentally ill such as the kid at Sandy Hook have access to guns and even learn how to shoot them. There needs to be mucvh stiffer laws about people locking up their guns, not allowing minors or people with mental health problems have acccess and FEWER guns. If I wanted to go shoot up a school right now, it'd be difficult for me because I don't own a gun or know anyone who does which I could use.

Because its all about YOU. Every time someone gets slaughtered with a gun, its very important that you think of yourself first.

No it's important that the internets don't get overrun with crap from folks like you.

Looks like it wasn't an assault rifle...so don't expect much coverage...it does not fit the fairy tale.

Fixed it for ya.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back