Bread Winner Making Babies!!! Welfare Queens!!!

OK, after factcheck G-ma; with 8 babies really only makes $45,000.00 per year, plus O-phone, food stamps, section 8 housing at $500-$1000 per month (I looked that up as section 8 rentals in Ill.).

Do you really think that anyone can support 8 kids on 45K a year? Or find a decent place to live for 9 people on $500 a month?

Now, yeah, I think it is pretty awful that we have whole generations of people who don't understand what a paycheck is.

But the GOP riding in on a $70,000 Dressage Horse and telling us that the rest of us are too lazy is just the wrong messenger.

I dont see any horses in this thread. Well at least not the front ends.

Mrs Romney bought the fucking horse with her money, not yours, Joe. I don't give a shit how much money you spent on your toys, as long as it didn't come out of MY pocket.

No, Mrs. Romney bought that money out of money that was stolen from the pensions and jobs of AmPad and GS Steel workers.

So Mrs. Romney got a dancing horsie to treat her MS, and Mrs. Soptic died of cancer because Mitt Cancelled her health insurance.

Not that pile of warm crap again. That talking point was debunked months ago.

You mean when Romney lost the election?

Oh, and [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] --- You really think it's FAIR for the slothful Americans to have easy access to big flat-screen TVs and X-Boxes when there are HARD WORKING Americans who are forced to do without because they are still trying to be responsible and accountable citizens???

Yeah, you guys all want to talk about fair when you compare freeloaders to the RICH! Where is fair for the people who work their asses off only to give 25% of their income to making sure those lazy bastards get their fancy TVs and video games!!!

Hypocracy from the left is NEVERENDING!!!

Frankly, I don't have an X-Box or a Widescreen TV. Frankly, I'm less worried about a poor family having a Widescreen (cost maybe $600.00) bought on a welfare check they probably should have used for food or utilities than I am about Mitt Romney spending $70,000 on a fucking Dancing Horse because he shipped a bunch of middle class jobs off to China.

When will you libs get it through your think skulls that it is NONE OF YOUR FUCKING Business how an individual spends their money.
You are 100% moron. You are just a pissed off bitter individual who through their own fault has accomplished nothing and blames every one else for his faults.
You're nothing but an unorganized grabasstic piece of amphibian shit.

[

But the GOP riding in on a $70,000 Dressage Horse and telling us that the rest of us are too lazy is just the wrong messenger.

Mrs Romney bought the fucking horse with her money, not yours, Joe. I don't give a shit how much money you spent on your toys, as long as it didn't come out of MY pocket.

No, Mrs. Romney bought that money out of money that was stolen from the pensions and jobs of AmPad and GS Steel workers.

So Mrs. Romney got a dancing horsie to treat her MS, and Mrs. Soptic died of cancer because Mitt Cancelled her health insurance.

That the GOP didn't realize how fucked up this was is why they lost.

(Oh, this is the point where you say something about "Mormons" because you don't have an intelligent answer.)
Oh cut the bullshit. as one with such a vivid imagination, you must be quite satisfied with yourself.

Oh, and [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] --- You really think it's FAIR for the slothful Americans to have easy access to big flat-screen TVs and X-Boxes when there are HARD WORKING Americans who are forced to do without because they are still trying to be responsible and accountable citizens???

Yeah, you guys all want to talk about fair when you compare freeloaders to the RICH! Where is fair for the people who work their asses off only to give 25% of their income to making sure those lazy bastards get their fancy TVs and video games!!!

Hypocracy from the left is NEVERENDING!!!

Frankly, I don't have an X-Box or a Widescreen TV. Frankly, I'm less worried about a poor family having a Widescreen (cost maybe $600.00) bought on a welfare check they probably should have used for food or utilities than I am about Mitt Romney spending $70,000 on a fucking Dancing Horse because he shipped a bunch of middle class jobs off to China.

When will you libs get it through your think skulls that it is NONE OF YOUR FUCKING Business how an individual spends their money.
You are 100% moron. You are just a pissed off bitter individual who through their own fault has accomplished nothing and blames every one else for his faults.

Quite right.

So it's none of your business that a welfare family spends their money on a wide screen. But you guys whine about it incessantly.

[
Oh cut the bullshit. as one with such a vivid imagination, you must be quite satisfied with yourself.

Oh, very. I LOVED the fact that Romney was so self-deluded about his chances that he didn't even have a concession speech ready. That was freakin' hilarious.

You guys put Plutocracy on the ballot and didn't even cover it with the usual slathering of God Bullshit, and people rejected it resoundingly.

Quite right.

So it's none of your business that a welfare family spends their money on a wide screen. But you guys whine about it incessantly.

It is, however, of intense interest what they spend my money on. If they need temporary assistance acquiring minimal food and shelter, that's one thing. They do not get a pass to live a life of comfort that allows them to purchase and own items that I am unable to justify owning because the government has "redistributed" my earnings

Quite right.

It is, however, of intense interest what they spend my money on. If they need temporary assistance acquiring minimal food and shelter, that's one thing. They do not get a pass to live a life of comfort that allows them to purchase and own items that I am unable to justify owning because the government has "redistributed" my earnings

How do you know that is YOUR money?

As I've said, guy, the only "redistribution" that has happened is the money shifted from the Middle Class to the rich. The 460 Billion we spend on "welfare" is less than
3% of the Gross National Product. YOu aren't unable to afford the good things because the fruits of your labor were stolen by government...

They were stolen by the wealthy before you ever saw most of them.

Quite right.

It IS our business when they spend OUR money and have nicer things than many of us...

So if you want to do away with the foster care system, what is your counter-proposal? Work-houses?

Quite right.

How do you know that is YOUR money?

As I've said, guy, the only "redistribution" that has happened is the money shifted from the Middle Class to the rich. The 460 Billion we spend on "welfare" is less than
3% of the Gross National Product. YOu aren't unable to afford the good things because the fruits of your labor were stolen by government...

They were stolen by the wealthy before you ever saw most of them.

It is ALL our money.... The money we pay in TAXES...

You have twisted the entire point...

You want to complain about rich people... START a thread and make your case for that.

None of it excuses people taking advantage of the system through manipulation. This IS a genuine issue and a problem and diverting the discussion to how others manipulate the system is worthy of discussion as well.

This thread, however, is about how the sloths in America STEAL our tax dollars --- and there is NO DENYING that this is a REAL PROBLEM in America!!

So if you want to do away with the foster care system, what is your counter-proposal? Work-houses?

Who wants to do away with foster care?

Well, just putting 2 and 2 together; since rants about the few people who game SNAP, TANF, etc, are reason enough for y'all to want to get rid of them, then what else would I expect this rant to have been about? :eusa_eh:

Well, just putting 2 and 2 together; since rants about the few people who game SNAP, TANF, etc, are reason enough for y'all to want to get rid of them, then what else would I expect this rant to have been about? :eusa_eh:

I don;t know, but you sure can't use words I have never uttered against me...

You said the "few" people who game the system...

Are you living in a fairy-land???

There are THOUSANDS if not TENS of thousands in EVERY MAJOR CITY of the US.

Quite right.

It IS our business when they spend OUR money and have nicer things than many of us...

The amount of money you give to a welfare family probably wouldn't pay for the batteries in the remote.

Quite right.

The amount of money you give to a welfare family probably wouldn't pay for the batteries in the remote.

...I'm sure you didn't think that through... since about 20% of my fed taxes goes directly to programs that are redistribution in nature...

It's pretty ugly to think that anyone making 50K a year is over $2000.00 to Robin Hood gov't programs. ...and downright scary to think about those of us fortunate enough to make over 200K.

I don;t know, but you sure can't use words I have never uttered against me...

You said the "few" people who game the system...

Are you living in a fairy-land???

There are THOUSANDS if not TENS of thousands in EVERY MAJOR CITY of the US.

I suppose that it would be pointless to ask for the source for wide-ranging estimates and vague terms like "major"

Do you suppose that a sizable percentage of foster parents are gaming the system?

From the fact check: The typical monthly payment rates for licensed foster home care range from $384 to $471, depending on the age of the child. The monthly payment rates for unlicensed relative home care range from $286 to $310, depending on the county.

Provided the foster parent is licensed and all 8 kids are teenagers, it's $45,216/yr which of course is not the case. The more likely case would be a range of ages from 1 to 10 yrs old. In that case the payment would be $38,400/yr.

You would have to be nuts to devote 24 yours a day, 365 days a year to raising 8 kids plus enduring the pain and sacrifice of giving birth to those kids, all for $38,000/yr. :cuckoo:

Apparently not for everyone, unless the payoff really is a lot more than your estimate.

Well it is tax-free!!! 45K with free health care is aprox. the same as 70K after taxes and health care....

It would be a significant raise for most working Americans!!!
Wrong again.

First, the amount which was first claimed to be $144,000 was reduced to $45,000 by fact check. The $45,000 would only be true it all the kids were teenagers which they obviously are not. If most of them were were less than 12 years old, which seems like from reading the email, the figure would be closer to $38,000. Thus our $144,000 is now down to about $38,000.

Second DFCS limits the number of foster children to no more than six children in a single house — two fewer than the eight claimed in the e-mail. Thus our $144,000 figure is now down to $28,500

The email also assumes that the home is licensed as a foster care facility which seems highly unlikely. If we use the highest amount paid to unlicensed facilities, $1236/mo for 6 kids, the yearly total is $14,832. Thus our $144,000 figure is now $14,832/year. Almost 1/10 the amount claimed in the headline. This is a wonderful example of distortions of facts we get so often from the Right.

Lastly, $45,000 net income for a family of 10, (mother, grandmother, and 8 kids) does not equate to a gross earned income of $70,000. Standard deduction and personal Exemptions are $46,950.

But please don't let these facts alter your allusions. It's too much fun debunking this stuff.

Last edited:

...I'm sure you didn't think that through... since about 20% of my fed taxes goes directly to programs that are redistribution in nature...

It's pretty ugly to think that anyone making 50K a year is over $2000.00 to Robin Hood gov't programs. ...and downright scary to think about those of us fortunate enough to make over 200K.

Okay, let's look at that claim.

Let's say you make 50K. So you pay about 20% in taxes, but probably if you take all your deductions, it's closer to 15. Only 13% of federal expenditures go to "Welfare" or "Safety Net" programs. So really, what you are paying for welfare programs comes out to $975.00.

Dividing that up amongst the MILLIONS on various welfare programs comes out to pennies.

Now, yeah, that money goes up if you throw Social Security and Medicare into the mix, but since you are going to be entitled to those if you live that long, and will probably take out more than you put in if you live long enough, not seeing the problem here.

Here's the real problem. The top 20% of the populatoin controls more than 80% of the wealth. Now assuming you aren't in the top 20%, the real problem is that the money has shifted upwards, not downwards.

Forum List

Back