BRAVO! Greg Kelly Airs Photos of All of the Jan. 6 Political Prisoners Still in Gulag without Trial (VIDEO)

MASS SOLITARY

According to the Tennessee Star, the jail where some rioters /trespassers are kept, houses 1,500 inmates. They are confined to their jail cells 22 hours per day, an increase of one hour over what it was last month. They are prohibited from going outside.

SOME ONLY TRESPASSED, OTHERS ARE HELD AND HAVEN’T BEEN CHARGED

As to those being held for being present at the Capitol on Jan. 6, many are being held in pretrial detention on charges ranging from knowingly entering or remaining in restricted grounds (trespassing) without authority to conspiracy, assault, and obstruction of an official proceeding.

Some haven’t been charged with anything.

---------------------------------------------

Many participants in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots are being held in solitary confinement in Washington, D.C.'s city jail, a situation that's drawing scrutiny from Democratic Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bob Casey and the American Civil Liberties Union.

D-Senator Warren Criticism Of Treatment Of Those Placed in Prolonged Solitary Confinement:
- "I do not believe in solitary confinement for extended periods of time for anyone.”

The American Civil Liberties Union, which has recently drawn criticism for favoring liberal causes over its tradition of representing unsympathetic clients and causes, is also weighing in on the side of Trump protesters being held alone:
-- "Prolonged solitary confinement is torture and certainly should not be used as a punitive tool to intimidate or extract cooperation." (- Tammie Gregg, deputy director of the ACLU National Prison Project)

Nobody should be detained indefinitely in America for domestic law purposes. So they deserve their day in court”

-------------------------

Americans who were arrested, participated in no violence, and were eventually charged with a misdemeanor were forced to wait 6 months before getting a court date. Such abuse / incompetence violates Americans' right to a speedy trial.

Also, despite claiming the treatment of these people was NOT partisan, (liberal) Prosecuting Attorneys withheld 'deferred prosecution agreements'- an agreement that says if defendants stay out of trouble - from 1/6 defendants who merely waked through the Capitol without engaging in any violence, while these agreements were abundantly / readily given to domestic terrorists Antifa and BLM members who participated in highly destructive riots across the country last summer that caused BILLIONS of dollars in damages to democrat-run cities across the US.

Defendants held for prolonged periods of time that exceeded legal time limits people can be held without being charged with a crime, Americans being placed in prolonged / excessive Solitary Confinement (according to Democrats like D-Warren and the ACLU, defendants treated / charged differently than liberal / Let-Wing domestic criminals / terrorists....

Video evidence shows, before the violence began on 1/6, Sullivan inciting violence, celebrating when he gets those around him to join in, and shows him encouraging / continuing to whip up the mob mentality DURING the violence...

...and you still post the OPINION that if the Conservatives/pro-Trump attendees had not allowed themselves to be whipped up into a mob-mentality frenzy and violence by Sullivan, had not allowed themselves to be egged-on by Sullivan .... in an attempt to excuse / minimalize what Sullivan was caught on video doing....the violence on 1/6 would have been prevented.

On this, I agree with you. In the end people are responsible for their own actions, and those who engaged in violence on 1/6 should be and have excessively been held accountable for their actions....but snowflakes can NOT escape the part Sullivan played in making sure it happened. The video of Sullivan initiating the violence, whipping it up, inciting it, and egging it on out-weigh your biased OPINION.

There ya go, Tiger....

ROTFLMAO!
I'm in the odd position of thanking you for this link..another cogent NPR report--which, BTW, I imagine you never read..or listened to?
I recommend this article to all~
The partisan cherry-pickers will have a ball..but taken as a whole..a lot of info.

Allow me to quote:

The attack on the Capitol is something most Americans watched on TV or Facebook or Twitter, from the police battered in hand-to-hand combat on the stairs, to the fatal shooting of a woman just outside the House chamber.
In the weeks afterward, there was a general sense that the Jan. 6 cases would be of the slam-dunk variety. After all, the events took place not just before our eyes but also at a time when the endless selfies, livestreamed video and GPS locations were easily vacuumed up for use in court later. But attorneys working for the defense describe prosecutors as overwhelmed by the evidence and struggling to build cases.
"The evidence is significantly more complicated for them than they thought it was going to be, that's clear," Greg Hunter, a defense attorney who is working on a dozen Jan. 6 cases, told NPR. "Every one of those people was carrying a smartphone, every one of them, and they're all taking pictures and videos and all that evidence has actually slowed everything down."
Twenty-five people have pleaded guilty so far, which leaves a good 550 more cases left to resolve.

Three categories of defendants

The Justice Department has created a kind of framework for prosecutions, dividing the Jan. 6 defendants into three categories. The first includes people such as Ianni who went inside the Capitol and allegedly walked around but aren't charged with property damage or assaulting police.
The shorthand used to describe these people (both among some Justice Department insiders and defense attorneys) is "the tourist cases" — a nickname derived from the words of Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., who rather infamously said, "If you didn't know the TV footage was a video from Jan. 6, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit."

The second category of defendants includes those who broke into the Capitol, damaged property and attempted to stop the certification of the 2020 election. They are facing charges of civil disorder and assault and include people such as Tampa, Fla., crane operator Paul Allard Hodgkins, 38.
Hodgkins pleaded guilty in June to one count of obstructing an official proceeding, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Prosecutors asked for 18 months. This month, U.S. District Judge Randolph D. Moss sentenced him to somewhat less than that: eight months because, the judge said, he pleaded guilty early and seemed remorseful about what he had done. Some two dozen others have also pleaded guilty in recent weeks.

And finally there is a category that prosecutors have yet to define precisely. These are the people investigators believe are connected to right-wing extremist groups such as the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and Three Percenters. Officials are investigating whether or not there is hard evidence that shows the assault was planned in advance. Illuminating that would go a long way toward clarifying what actually took place that day.

Juliette Kayyem, a former assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security in the Obama administration, said the Justice Department has decided to play hardball with Jan. 6 defendants — hoping to prevent future attacks. It has opted for a legal strategy in the mold of shock and awe: Arrest everyone, charge everyone.
"You start with the FBI and the investigations that are going on, and you keep them coming," she said. "And every jurisdiction has these cases, and if I sound harsh, good, because this was an attempt to undermine a valid American election."
The Justice Department announced in early July that the arrests and charges aren't over. It expected to round up hundreds more people in the coming months.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys NPR talked to agreed about one thing: The best way for the nation to understand what took place Jan. 6 is to present evidence in court that shows what happened. Collectively, America has yet to decide whether Jan. 6 was a protest that went off the rails or a calculated plan to launch a coup. A full hearing may help provide a more satisfying answer.

Last edited:
Insurrectionists are the first criminals the right ever gave a shit about. If you don't like how they are being treated by the Criminal justice system law and order types built you have only yourselves to blame.
Again, why aren’t they being charged with insurrection?
It’s a simple and valid question?

Of course I'm going to react to the whole "insurrection" thing, because words mean things. I was pointing out that the definition someone posted to prove this was an insurrection applies to the riots we saw all last year that somehow escaped being labelled "insurrection". Now, let's look at applying punishment for breaking laws. Of course appropriate punishment needs to be meted out. During the riots last summer, was everyone who was even present identified by facial recognition software, hunted down and imprisoned for months awaiting trial? No, LE focused on the relative handful who assaulted people and destroyed property. So, I say that the same standard needs to be applied here.
Being present, at the BLM protests, was not against the law. Being present in the Capital, at that time, was. So, a relatively small percentage of people at the BLM protests broke the law. Everyone in the Capital, on Jan.6, who was not an official or invited--did break the law. Minor? Usually, I'd say so. The DOJ does not agree--they feel examples need to be made.
I don't use the 'insurrection' word because, while I believe that there were some groups whose motives rose to that level..the vast majority weren't trying to overturn anything..they were caught up in the moment and venting.
No matter...actions have consequences--as always. I do agree that the most egregious actors should be the focus--but the DOJ thinks that this is the wedge that they can use to destroy the Proud Boys and their ilk. I do have a hard time opposing that.

You seem to be hung up on the whole 'insurrection' word.
It is a self-serving repetition of the coordinated attempt to encapsulate all the Loser's electorate perfidy in which he received covert help from Russia (as confirmed by the FBI, CIA, NSA, and two Republican-controlled Senate committees) as "collusion."

Trump bum kissers have now been trained to squawk "Insurrection!" incessantly, despite no indictments for such an offense having ever been issued for any of the January 6 Trump goons.

638 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.​

as of August 30.​

And the simple, honest answer is that nothing they did rose to the level of 'Treason, Sedition, Or Subversion' IAW the law, as has already been explained earlier.

Being present, at the BLM protests, was not against the law. Being present in the Capital, at that time, was. So, a relatively small percentage of people at the BLM protests broke the law. Everyone in the Capital, on Jan.6, who was not an official or invited--did break the law. Minor? Usually, I'd say so. The DOJ does not agree--they feel examples need to be made.
I don't use the 'insurrection' word because, while I believe that there were some groups whose motives rose to that level..the vast majority weren't trying to overturn anything..they were caught up in the moment and venting.
No matter...actions have consequences--as always. I do agree that the most egregious actors should be the focus--but the DOJ thinks that this is the wedge that they can use to destroy the Proud Boys and their ilk. I do have a hard time opposing that.
My problem is when they do exactly that, turn a minor infraction into a major political hit point. These people should be fined no more than, or spend any more time in prison than anyone from a riot that resulted in windows being broken at a police station. That's politicizing an event in which most people, just as in a riot, got caught up in something they didn't intend.

My problem is when they do exactly that, turn a minor infraction into a major political hit point. These people should be fined no more than, or spend any more time in prison than anyone from a riot that resulted in windows being broken at a police station. That's politicizing an event in which most people, just as in a riot, got caught up in something they didn't intend.
Well...you're right.
But this is the world we live in...and those folks did put themselves in that position.
They have become soldiers in the culture wars, like it or not.
Soldiers become casualties~

And the simple, honest answer is that nothing they did rose to the level of 'Treason, Sedition, Or Subversion' IAW the law, as has already been explained earlier.

The leftists should call it what it is civil disorder.

The leftists should call it what it is civil disorder.
Which is why they have been charged with trespassing and other such crimes. The Democrats who came up with this scheme to try to call it an 'Insurrection' are intelligent enough to know it was / is NOT, and they knew all they had to do was blow their dog whistle and throw out some talking points spread by Liberal media and snowflakes would be dumb enough to fall for it and spread the word / argue the point as if it was 'gospel'.

Which is why they have been charged with trespassing and other such crimes. The Democrats who came up with this scheme to try to call it an 'Insurrection' are intelligent enough to know it was / is NOT, and they knew all they had to do was blow their dog whistle and throw out some talking points spread by Liberal media and snowflakes would be dumb enough to fall for it and spread the word / argue the point as if it was 'gospel'.

Exactly

Insurrection has almost never been used as a criminal charge because it depends entirely on proving intent. It is sufficient to charge them with crimes that are easily provable because of the almost unbelievable wealth of video evidence.

You do realize that this is the reality for anyone in the US who is not rich enough to afford bail? Do you object to these conditions en toto, as it were, or just for your particular favorite putative lawbreakers?

Not being able to afford bail is the same thing? What are you talking about?

Being put in jail, not charged and no trial is not the same thing as not being able to afford bail.

If you can't afford bail it still means youve been charged and you have to wait to go before a judge to be sentenced or get a trial. Sometimes you have to wait hours, days or even a week. Not 6 months in solitary with no court date in sight.

There is no normal jail in this country where they just throw someone in and let them sit there without an charge of a court date.

I don't know what you think about how jails work but you're wrong.

Where was there an "Insurrection"? Why haven't any of those arrested have been charged with "Insurrection"...

Let's face facts. All of this is to try to suppress and kill the popular political movement that Donald Trump started.
  1. They savagely vilified Trump while in office trying to stop it.
  2. They rigged his reelection to fail hoping to stop it.
  3. They caused the Capitol protest trying to end it.
  4. They cut off the president's microphone from the nation trying to silence him.
  5. Now they are trying to scare his base into dropping him by treating anyone loosely associated with the Capitol as if they were a mixture of al Qaeda and Al Capone.
This is all about trying to kill a popular movement of people rising up to question government, demand accountability and to restore our constitutional powers back to the People.

Not being able to afford bail is the same thing? What are you talking about?

Being put in jail, not charged and no trial is not the same thing as not being able to afford bail.

If you can't afford bail it still means youve been charged and you have to wait to go before a judge to be sentenced or get a trial. Sometimes you have to wait hours, days or even a week. Not 6 months in solitary with no court date in sight.

There is no normal jail in this country where they just throw someone in and let them sit there without an charge of a court date.

I don't know what you think about how jails work but you're wrong.
One more time..there is nobody being held without charges, no-one. Period.
There is nobody without a court date. No-one. Period.
I would love for you to give me a name...one name...of someone who was arrested for charges stemming from the Jan. 6 riot..and is still being held without charges--just one name.
No need for a bloviating link that says nothing...just a name.
Not sure of your experience with the US court system..but yeah...people go months between court dates..often months after pleading to be sentenced.
If they have no funds..and can't make bail..they sit. If they are at risk, they sit in Protective custody...often solitary. For months.
This is often the case..so often that it's routine.

One more time..there is nobody being held without charges, no-one. Period.
There is nobody without a court date. No-one. Period.
I would love for you to give me a name...one name...of someone who was arrested for charges stemming from the Jan. 6 riot..and is still being held without charges--just one name.
No need for a bloviating link that says nothing...just a name.
Not sure of your experience with the US court system..but yeah...people go months between court dates..often months after pleading to be sentenced.
If they have no funds..and can't make bail..they sit. If they are at risk, they sit in Protective custody...often solitary. For months.
This is often the case..so often that it's routine.
***crickets***

Let's face facts. All of this is to try to suppress and kill the popular political movement that Donald Trump started.
  1. They savagely vilified Trump while in office trying to stop it.
  2. They rigged his reelection to fail hoping to stop it.
  3. They caused the Capitol protest trying to end it.
  4. They cut off the president's microphone from the nation trying to silence him.
  5. Now they are trying to scare his base into dropping him by treating anyone loosely associated with the Capitol as if they were a mixture of al Qaeda and Al Capone.
This is all about trying to kill a popular movement of people rising up to question government, demand accountability and to restore our constitutional powers back to the People.

NO, this about a bunch of traitors getting their just desserts.

Forum List

Back