Brain Scans of Dying Man suggest life flashes before our eyes before death

"This is why it's so rare, because you can't plan this. No healthy human is going to go and have an EEG before they die, and in no sick patient are we going to know when they're going to die to record these signals," study author Ajmal Zemmar, a neurosurgeon at the University of Louisville in Kentucky, says to Insider’s Anna Medaris Miller.

Of course we could. Everyday many people die of cancer. The entire hospital and medical staff understand what is going on as things start to shut down and they are dying. You may not know the exact second but you most certainly know it is close.

"This is why it's so rare, because you can't plan this. No healthy human is going to go and have an EEG before they die, and in no sick patient are we going to know when they're going to die to record these signals," study author Ajmal Zemmar, a neurosurgeon at the University of Louisville in Kentucky, says to Insider’s Anna Medaris Miller.

Of course we could. Everyday many people die of cancer. The entire hospital and medical staff understand what is going on as things start to shut down and they are dying. You may not know the exact second but you most certainly know it is close.
Agreed. I bet it falls under 1- Inappropriate request at the time. 2-Test that may not be paid for.

Agreed. I bet it falls under 1- Inappropriate request at the time. 2-Test that may not be paid for.

I doubt it would be all that difficult to find some people willing to allow the research. Heck, people donate their entire bodies. Some scans of their brains would be nothing.

Of course it would have to be funded just like any other research is.

I doubt it would be all that difficult to find some people willing to allow the research. Heck, people donate their entire bodies. Some scans of their brains would be nothing.

Of course it would have to be funded just like any other research is.

Good point.

Last edited:
How does the cat know?
I didn't know there were cats involved at these places. But, I haven't had to go to a nursing home in several years.

I frequently go to one that was converted into apartments and it looks like something out of Saw: the really, really final chapter but that can't be the same thing.

Meet Oscar, the Cat that Predicts Death and Provides Comfort​

Oscar passed away a few weeks ago
Hah, one of those goofy animal stories, like horses that can count.

What surprise, a cat predicts imminent death .... in a hospice facility. They don't tell you about all the times the cat lied down next to someone and they didn't die right afterward. And everyone there is dying and will die there.

Forum List

Back