Bradley Manning: 1000 Days and No Trial?

georgephillip, et al,

Manning will have his day in court, but only when the Government has a case that it can win. It is absolutely imperative that the government convict Manning of something (anything) to reduce its liability and to minimize a reversal by a higher court.

"The defense says military prosecutors are drawing comparisons between Manning's alleged leak of classified documents and Civil War-era spying cases. Defense attorneys say Manning's alleged offenses are more akin to providing government documents to a newspaper.

Military judge delays Army GI's trial in WikiLeaks case to June 3 | Fox News

Why do you think it's necessary for US forces to leave Afghanistan before Manning gets his day in court?
(COMMENT)

Afghanistan really, has nothing to do with the Manning case.

Most Respectfully,
R

Manning should have been executed for treason long ago. Instead of whining he should be grateful he is still alive.

The more I look at the WIKILEAKS event the less I believe it.

I'm beginning to think this might be the world's largest disinformation campaign.

Katzndogz, et al,

If you support and defend The Constitution of the United States, then you understand why this cannot be done.

Manning should have been executed for treason long ago. Instead of whining he should be grateful he is still alive.
(OBSERVATION)

Article III said:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
(COMMENT)

There are a lot of basic interrogatives that the Government can't establish and there are a lot of people that were in a position of responsibility that have pleaded the Fifth, refusing to testify. So, there are a lot of unanswered question here.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
"The defense says military prosecutors are drawing comparisons between Manning's alleged leak of classified documents and Civil War-era spying cases. Defense attorneys say Manning's alleged offenses are more akin to providing government documents to a newspaper.

Military judge delays Army GI's trial in WikiLeaks case to June 3 | Fox News

Why do you think it's necessary for US forces to leave Afghanistan before Manning gets his day in court?

That's not what I said exactly.

If Manning possesses classified information that may compromise ongoing operations, then Manning may be detained until such time as the classified information in his possession no longer poses a threat to said operation.

The termination of the war in Afghanistan is simply supposition.

Last edited:
"This Saturday, February 23rd, will mark the 1,000th day in prison without trial for PFC Bradley Manning, accused of releasing classified military documents to Wikileaks.

"Among the documents was the Collateral Murder video, which shows the 2007 murder of over a dozen people in Baghdad by a U.S. Apache helicopter. The murdered included civilians and two Reuter’s employees, photojournalist Namir Noor-Eldeen and his driver Saeed Chmagh.

"Manning was also alleged to have released the Iraq War Logs, comprised of nearly 400,000 military logs recorded from 2004 to 2009.

"The files revealed thousands of reports of prisoner torture and abuse filed against coalition forces in Iraq, including reports of people being hung from the ceiling on hooks, whipped with cables, sexually assaulted, urinated on, and having holes bored into their legs with electric drills.

"The logs also added an additional 15,000 civilian deaths to the known body count, totalling over 150,000 deaths, of which roughly 80% were civilian.

"Furthermore, the leaks detailed allegations of child abuse and child trafficking by the U.S. defense contracting company in Afghanistan, DynCorp, a company which is estimated to make about $2 billion per year in revenue from the U.S."

What message is the Pentagon sending to future truth tellers by denying Manning his day in court? The same message Thucydides sent: "Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Bradley Manning Faces 1000th Day in Prison » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
The little dip should be grateful every day he is in prison is another day he avoids the trial for treason he so richly deserves and the execution that should come with it.

1,000 days! And he's still alive! What a pity. He should have been executed 950 days ago.
For the crime of reporting war crimes?
Those were allegations, isn't that so? Aren't people innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by their peers?

That has not been the case in the United States recently. For Instance: The TSA believes you are guilty every time you fly and you must prove your innocence by complying with their search and grope procedures.

"This Saturday, February 23rd, will mark the 1,000th day in prison without trial for PFC Bradley Manning, accused of releasing classified military documents to Wikileaks.

"Among the documents was the Collateral Murder video, which shows the 2007 murder of over a dozen people in Baghdad by a U.S. Apache helicopter. The murdered included civilians and two Reuter’s employees, photojournalist Namir Noor-Eldeen and his driver Saeed Chmagh.

"Manning was also alleged to have released the Iraq War Logs, comprised of nearly 400,000 military logs recorded from 2004 to 2009.

"The files revealed thousands of reports of prisoner torture and abuse filed against coalition forces in Iraq, including reports of people being hung from the ceiling on hooks, whipped with cables, sexually assaulted, urinated on, and having holes bored into their legs with electric drills.

"The logs also added an additional 15,000 civilian deaths to the known body count, totalling over 150,000 deaths, of which roughly 80% were civilian.

"Furthermore, the leaks detailed allegations of child abuse and child trafficking by the U.S. defense contracting company in Afghanistan, DynCorp, a company which is estimated to make about $2 billion per year in revenue from the U.S."

What message is the Pentagon sending to future truth tellers by denying Manning his day in court? The same message Thucydides sent: "Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Bradley Manning Faces 1000th Day in Prison » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
The little dip should be grateful every day he is in prison is another day he avoids the trial for treason he so richly deserves and the execution that should come with it.
How are you defining "treason?"

Allowing two planes to collapse three steel-framed skyscrapers and the subsequent killing of thousands of innocent Americans seems closer to " levying War (against the United States) or in adhering to their enemies."(Post #47)

Katzndogz, et al,

If you support and defend The Constitution of the United States, then you understand why this cannot be done.

(OBSERVATION)

Article III said:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
(COMMENT)

There are a lot of basic interrogatives that the Government can't establish and there are a lot of people that were in a position of responsibility that have pleaded the Fifth, refusing to testify. So, there are a lot of unanswered question here.

Most Respectfully,
R

It was the intent of the Framers to ensure treason be extremely difficult to prove, as it was so often abused as a political weapon in Britain and Europe in general.

For the crime of reporting war crimes?
Those were allegations, isn't that so? Aren't people innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by their peers?

That has not been the case in the United States recently. For Instance: The TSA believes you are guilty every time you fly and you must prove your innocence by complying with their search and grope procedures.

Incorrect.

Although the right to move freely about the country is fundamental, there is no specification as to the mode of transportation – there is no right to fly.

And there is no expectation to privacy in a public venue such as an airport.

One is free to not submit to the search, and find another means of transportation.

How are you defining "treason?"

Allowing two planes to collapse three steel-framed skyscrapers and the subsequent killing of thousands of innocent Americans seems closer to " levying War (against the United States) or in adhering to their enemies."(Post #47)
Please don't waste my time with 9-11 conspiracy garbage. When a private who is not in any way shape or form authorized to decide what information classified or not is to be made public decides to download it and pass it on to foreign national to publish sounds like treason to me and always will in my opinion he betrayed his country and his fellow solider's and I have no sympathy for him if he does not get executed I hope he spends the rest of his worthless life in prison with or without a trial.

1,000 days! And he's still alive! What a pity. He should have been executed 950 days ago.

You remember that when your Government does it to you.

If I made military secrets public I would certainly deserve it and so does he. What makes what manning did even worse is that he didn't even think he was doing the right thing. He wasn't exposing some kind of wrongdoing. His boyfriend found a tighter ass and manning wanted the whole country to pay for his hurt feelings.

If I made military secrets public I would certainly deserve it and so does he. What makes what manning did even worse is that he didn't even think he was doing the right thing. He wasn't exposing some kind of wrongdoing. His boyfriend found a tighter ass and manning wanted the whole country to pay for his hurt feelings.

That's okay, the ensuring your death at the hands of the Government will feel exactly the same way as you feel about this. You can ponder that when you get executed without trial in under 50 days.

The military classifies war crimes as secrets, and your solution is to execute the messenger?
Where did you get the idea that you are free?

The military classifies war crimes as secrets, and your solution is to execute the messenger?
Where did you get the idea that you are free?

I don't think that killing the enemy is a war crime. It is what the military is supposed to do.

Forum List

Back