#BoycottStarbucks Trending on Twitter After Getting 2 Blacks Arrested for Using Bathroom

It has nothing to do with race. Go into any restaurant or coffee shop, sit down and don't order you will be told to leave. Say you are waiting for someone and you will be asked what you want while you are waiting. It is a business. If you are not on the premises for a business purpose, you are a tresspasser. The two men were rightfully arrested.
No, they were arrested for pottying while black.
They were not customers.

Yes, they were. The man they were meeting showed up with drinks for all three of them.
why didn't they get something while waiting?---that sounds more reasonable/believable

Starbucks ceo: Reprehensible outcome in Philadelphia event

First, to once again express our deepest apologies to the two men who were arrested with a goal of doing whatever we can to make things right. Second, to let you know of our plans to investigate the pertinent facts and make any necessary changes to our practices that would help prevent such an occurrence from ever happening again. And third, to reassure you that Starbucks stands firmly against discrimination or racial profiling.

In the coming days, I will be joining our regional vice president, Camille Hymes—who is on the ground in Philadelphia—to speak with partners, customers and community leaders as well as law enforcement. Most importantly, I hope to meet personally with the two men who were arrested to offer a face-to-face apology.

We have immediately begun a thorough investigation of our practices. In addition to our own review, we will work with outside experts and community leaders to understand and adopt best practices. The video shot by customers is very hard to watch and the actions in it are not representative of our Starbucks Mission and Values. Creating an environment that is both safe and welcoming for everyone is paramount for every store. Regretfully, our practices and training led to a bad outcome—the basis for the call to the Philadelphia police department was wrong. Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did.

View attachment 188087

View attachment 188086

Starbucks is a very liberal corporation - and that's the difference between the two parties. We take a stand even when it's one of our own. Meanwhile, evangelicals are supporting the scum of the earth in the name of the almighty GOP.
I don't think we should condemn Starbucks. Lets deal with the bigotted bitch who caused all of the ruckus.
Do you have any evidence that she is bigoted?
She’s white :eek:
Being white coupled with what she did is a strong indicator of bigotry. White patrons observed and commented on the chain of events...some having placed themselves in the same status as the black subjects in the past without experiencing similar results.
Try as you may to refute it...the manager has, been outed as a bigot .
Nope. Not even close.
But good of you to yet again put on full display your knee jerk racism against whitey. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with race. Go into any restaurant or coffee shop, sit down and don't order you will be told to leave. Say you are waiting for someone and you will be asked what you want while you are waiting. It is a business. If you are not on the premises for a business purpose, you are a tresspasser. The two men were rightfully arrested.
They were not customers.

Yes, they were. The man they were meeting showed up with drinks for all three of them.
why didn't they get something while waiting?---that sounds more reasonable/believable

Or even say that their friend was buying them shit. If that was the case.

They were not customers.

Exactly. Even if you’re waiting for someone it is customary to order a drink.

They were not customers.

so, the employees called the cops,
1.the cops go over to them-how much time is this??
2. the cops talk to them--ask them to leave
--ask them to leave more than once--more time
3. cops go into action, cuff them, --more time
..THEN the friend shows up with drinks?
he doesn't see the many cops/trouble/his friends getting cuffed!!!??? etc--he keeps ordering the drinks while his friends are arguing/getting cuffed by police!!??

They were not customers.

so, the employees called the cops,
1.the cops go over to them-how much time is this??
2. the cops talk to them--ask them to leave
--ask them to leave more than once--more time
3. cops go into action, cuff them, --more time
..THEN the friend shows up with drinks?
he doesn't see the many cops/trouble/his friends getting cuffed!!!??? etc--he keeps ordering the drinks while his friends are arguing/getting cuffed by police!!??

And they never said, "we are customers, our buddy is picking up our coffee right over there".

These guys are coming across as worse and worse assholes.

They were not customers.

Why would they, if he was? It's ironic. My sister and I have 'loitered' (it's only loitering if you're black. When you're white, you are just waiting for a friend) at Starbucks. I don't think anybody even noticed. We just sat at a table. It's rude not to, when you're brunching. You don't start until everyone is there.

I have been waiting for people in innumerable restaurants and coffee shops and always told I had to order something. If the restaurant had a waiting area I was allowed to wait there. Not many restaurants will allow non customers to take up a seat.

I have no idea where you live, but we've always been seated and then flagged down our remaining party member if he/she was just wandering around looking for us.

Either that or tell the waitress "If you find anyone looking for two midgets, send them over."

:D

I think you're right.

I'm certain there is more to the story because the police would not have arrested them for nothing more than just sitting there while waiting for someone. I know there are situations in which racially-hostile White cops will unnecessarily arrest, abuse, or harass Blacks but I am sure such incidents do not occur as often as some Blacks would have us believe -- even though they themselves have themselves bullshitted well enough to believe their own bullshit.

There is the world the way it is and the world the way some Blacks think it is. Such Blacks spend most of the day bullshitting themselves and the rest of the day bullshitting each other, and when confronted by reality they reach right into their carefully structured bullshit repertoire, which is why so many of them end up handcuffed, fucked up, and locked up.

So anyone who believes the cops just walked into that Starbucks and arrested those two urbane gentlemen for absolutely nothing is a fucking idiot who is just as stupid as the handcuffed nitwits who now have something else to bullshit and feel sorry for themselves about.

The police are being investigated for how they handled it, and my post indicates Starbucks is Sorrow to the Epic for their monumental fuck ups, and they will do anything they can to make things right.

They were not customers.

Why would they, if he was? It's ironic. My sister and I have 'loitered' (it's only loitering if you're black. When you're white, you are just waiting for a friend) at Starbucks. I don't think anybody even noticed. We just sat at a table. It's rude not to, when you're brunching. You don't start until everyone is there.
why wouldn't they?--that's what Starbucks customers do!!--especially to pass the time
possible --yes--likely-no

so!!! please prove how this is racial....I've been waiting for th

Guess the baristas didn't mean it when they gave every customer a lecture on racial tolerance.

#BoycottStarbucks surfaces after video shows arrest of two black men at Philadelphia location

Boycotts of this nature rarely have in effect.

Oh good! So Starbucks is bending over backwards and the police department is doing an investigation, strictly on the merits of what happened, and certainly not anything to do with the nationwide backlash?

Awesome!

I have been waiting for people in innumerable restaurants and coffee shops and always told I had to order something. If the restaurant had a waiting area I was allowed to wait there. Not many restaurants will allow non customers to take up a seat.

I have no idea where you live, but we've always been seated and then flagged down our remaining party member if he/she was just wandering around looking for us.

Either that or tell the waitress "If you find anyone looking for two midgets, send them over."

but this isn't a restaurant with waitresses
you do that at a restaurant--not Starbucks

Media is spinning this to make the blacks look like victims but every retailer has to deal with trash that come in just to use the bathroom.

Real estate agents are trash?

I guess. Maybe. Just like lawyers are trash? So it's a trash thing, not a color thing?

I answered that earlier. We've grabbed ourselves a table and waited for our third and/or fourth to join us before ordering. You know. Like ya do.

Media is spinning this to make the blacks look like victims but every retailer has to deal with trash that come in just to use the bathroom.

I guess. Maybe. Just like lawyers are trash? So it's a trash thing, not a color thing?
we are waiting for undeniable proof they were arrested because they were black
waiting........

They were not customers.

why wouldn't they?--that's what Starbucks customers do!!--especially to pass the time

I said so in the post you quoted. Further, People AT THAT STARBUCKS said they did the same damn thing, and nothing happened to them. Nobody gave a shit.

we are waiting for undeniable proof they were arrested because they were black
waiting........

Oh, Okay. Now I get it. You want the police to say that's why they were arrested, that's the only 'proof' that will be good enough for you.

Sod off.

They were not customers.

Exactly. Even if you’re waiting for someone it is customary to order a drink.
Customary -- for whom?

I answered that earlier. We've grabbed ourselves a table and waited for our third and/or fourth to join us before ordering. You know. Like ya do.
you mentioned ''waitress''...sure --at a restaurant --but not Starbucks
They were not customers.

I said so in the post you quoted. Further, People AT THAT STARBUCKS said they did the same damn thing, and nothing happened to them. Nobody gave a shit.
!!!!!that doesn't prove it at all---not even close!!!
race had NOTHING to do with it

The waitress says "can I get you something while you wait for your party?" And you either say 'water' or 'no thank you,' and she says "Okay, I'll be back when the gang's all here" and that's fucking that but hey how would I know if that's normal. I'm only this side of sixty, and it's only been that way my entire life.

Either people react with outrage because they know they weren't treated like that, or they react with glee because of course Those People deserved to be treated like criminals.

Forum List

Back