Boy handcuffed by cops while having seizure, vomiting at fast food restaurant

Oct 5, 2019
I would like to see the immigration status of the mother and boy. If they were here illegally then I find this totally fine and is what I would expect law enforcement to do. If they couldn't confirm they were legal citizens, then sending them to the hospital is not the proper course of action. Even if they were citizens, then I still don't see a problem with this. The police had no way of knowing that he wasn't just some druggie who was dying from an overdose. Sending him to a hospital would have just cost the taxpayers money since those sorts of people never have insurance or the ability to pay. Their only option was to remove him from the building, and to do that they had to cuff him and put him in the car. It's a shame the police are being questioned here. Both him and his mother should be in jail for obstruction and resisting. Instead they both get a pass because of their color of their skin. And yes, vomiting in a bathroom is vandalism. If you're someone who is at risk of doing that, then you shouldn't be out in public unless you're willing to suffer the legal consequences. People need to stop being so selfish in their ideas that the world should revolve around their problems.

A 16-year-old boy with autism was handcuffed by police officers who attempted to arrest him after he suffered from an epileptic seizure at a fast food restaurant.

Lourdes Ponce said her son had just left the doctor after suffering from epileptic seizures when they went to an El Pollo Loco fast food restaurant in central Fresno, California, according to ABC News' Fresno station KFSN.

Those seizures, however, returned when he went to the bathroom at the restaurant and his mother heard him hit the floor.

MORE: Parents arrested after malnourished toddler found with fractured skull, brain injuries
"I stood outside the door, I heard him hit the floor, I tried to open the door but it was locked, that's when I asked for help," said Ponce. "We called paramedics for help, we did not call police. He was not hurting anybody; he was having a seizure."

Boy handcuffed by cops while having seizure, vomiting at fast food restaurant

Correct, athorities should take advantage of these opportunities to verify citizenship. We have the entire SW brimming with these Mestizos.

Forum List

Back