Bottom Line - they have nothing on Donald Trump

I think the Trumpers are worried bigly....
Anyone here have any issues with Flynn being paid by Turkey and offering
policy opinions to the US on matters dealing with Turkey.While he is cashing checks from Turkey.

I will check in at some point to see what the Trumpers response might be.

Yeah, the point of all these attacks on Trump are to interfere with getting his agenda passed, and they are succeeding. That's all we're worried about.

According to whom, some anonymous source? If he actually believed Trump was trying to obstruct, then he had a duty to report it to the AG immediately, not months after the fact.

Well, Trump didn't start obstructing justice until after he was elected. But it matters little at this point...the Federal Grand Jury has already issued subpoenas that Flynn has refused to hand over. Grand Juries only issue subpoenas if there is enough to justify probable cause.

That's your first dumbass error in this post.

[If I were a betting man, I would bet that Trump doesn't last the year. He will most likely resign, Pence will pardon him, then Pence will resign, followed by Ryan (for the coming RICO case that is ensnaring the Republican Party) who will resign as well. The line of succession is going to go to Hatch, who said he's retiring after his current term. Tillerson and Mnuchin, the next in line, have clear Russia ties, and if Trump goes down, they go down with him. Mattis, Sessions, Zinke all have questionable ties as well, and a cascading investigation will take them out. Purdue will resign; he doesn't want to be President. Ross is a part of the Russia stuff too, having accounts with criminal Cyprus banks that deal with Russia. I guess that means Alex Acosta will be the President when all is said and done...unless he quits as well because of the Trump stink (after all, Trump picked him...why?). We actually could end up with President Ben Carson only because the guy is so clueless, it stretches the bounds of reason to think he has the mental capacity to be involved in a conspiracy.

I'll take your bet, douche nozzle. What are the stakes?

What error? The Grand Jury process? You can go to any law blog or law school website and find that grand juries only issue subpoenas if there is probable cause. The grand jury issued subpoenas...so therefore probable cause has been established.

I said if I were a betting man. I am not.

It's politics, and when there is blood in the water a feeding frenzy ensues. The best thing here for the GOP- a swift and early resignation from Trump. Otherwise this becomes a constant theme in the liberal media, and the Dems make huge gains in the mid-terms. This is having a crippling effect on their GOP agenda. If Trump were gone tomorrow, so to speak, Pence will have the opportunity to establish himself, and prove he is either a good POTUS or not.

Trump resigning is the absolute worst thing he can do. If he does every time there is a Republican that Democrats don't like they will create a boogeyman and force them to resign.

The best thing that Trump and Republicans can do is do what the people sent them to DC to do: repeal and replace Obamacare root and branch and tax cuts.

If the Democrats keep up with this outrage everyday they will lose unless the Republicans don't ram every thing down Democrats throat.

Normally I would concur with your sentiment. However the fact, or the alleged fact, that Trump asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation does at least hint of obstructionism. Now follow that with Trump firing Comey and it really begins to smell. Let's see who Trump appoints as the new FBI director and what becomes of the Flynn investigation. If the rank and file at the FBI, who by most accounts supported Comey, make noise about the investigation being killed with a new Director, then we are going to be in a very serious state. IF we have a major branch of the DOJ, the FBI, being politically active things have to change.

By no stretch of the imagination does what Comey claim Trump said constitute obstruction of justice. If it did, then Comey broke the law by not reporting it immediately to the DOJ. Furthermore, Comey testified under oath that no one asked him to stop the investigation.

There's no "there" there.

The account I read stated Comey was disturbed by the meeting with Trump and therefore wrote the memo. He was convinced Trump was obstructing, but he felt it worthy to note and SHARE with colleagues. On the other hand, if he did then testify that nobody had ever tried to obstruct them he has credibility issues for sure. He can't have both sides of the coin.

According to whom, some anonymous source? If he actually believed Trump was trying to obstruct, then he had a duty to report it to the AG immediately, not months after the fact.

My apologies- I meant to say Comey "was Not" convinced it was obstruction. Now that we have a special prosecutor it's out of the FBI's hands, and I suspect we will at some point get reasonably definitive answers.

What error? The Grand Jury process? You can go to any law blog or law school website and find that grand juries only issue subpoenas if there is probable cause. The grand jury issued subpoenas...so therefore probable cause has been established.

I said if I were a betting man. I am not.

Probable cause is for warrants, dumbass, not subpoenas.

Aren't you going to take me up an accepting your bet?

Trump resigning is the absolute worst thing he can do. If he does every time there is a Republican that Democrats don't like they will create a boogeyman and force them to resign.

The best thing that Trump and Republicans can do is do what the people sent them to DC to do: repeal and replace Obamacare root and branch and tax cuts.

If the Democrats keep up with this outrage everyday they will lose unless the Republicans don't ram every thing down Democrats throat.

Normally I would concur with your sentiment. However the fact, or the alleged fact, that Trump asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation does at least hint of obstructionism. Now follow that with Trump firing Comey and it really begins to smell. Let's see who Trump appoints as the new FBI director and what becomes of the Flynn investigation. If the rank and file at the FBI, who by most accounts supported Comey, make noise about the investigation being killed with a new Director, then we are going to be in a very serious state. IF we have a major branch of the DOJ, the FBI, being politically active things have to change.

By no stretch of the imagination does what Comey claim Trump said constitute obstruction of justice. If it did, then Comey broke the law by not reporting it immediately to the DOJ. Furthermore, Comey testified under oath that no one asked him to stop the investigation.

The account I read stated Comey was disturbed by the meeting with Trump and therefore wrote the memo. He was convinced Trump was obstructing, but he felt it worthy to note and SHARE with colleagues. On the other hand, if he did then testify that nobody had ever tried to obstruct them he has credibility issues for sure. He can't have both sides of the coin.

My apologies- I meant to say Comey "was Not" convinced it was obstruction. Now that we have a special prosecutor it's out of the FBI's hands, and I suspect we will at some point get reasonably definitive answers.

You're terminally gullible if you think there's anything "reasonable" about what a special counsel does.

You're terminally gullible if you think there's anything "reasonable" about what a special counsel does.

Are you referring to Ken Star and Bubba lying under oath?

.maybe this whole thing is like Freddy Kruger and if you yell it's not real enough all the investigations and stories will vanish
Nah, once a narrative is set, facts and reality take a back seat. Heck, there are still some whining that Algore actually won Florida in 2000.

So Trump had been under investigation since July 2016 because it's all a lie?

.maybe this whole thing is like Freddy Kruger and if you yell it's not real enough all the investigations and stories will vanish
Nah, once a narrative is set, facts and reality take a back seat. Heck, there are still some whining that Algore actually won Florida in 2000.

He's been under investigation because Dims are unscrupulous douche bags.

A large percentage of the hype is exactly that.

Calling the Democratic Party's partisan use of US intelligence "assets" to spy on the Trump campaign to help Hillary an "investigation" is clearly straight from your daily DNC "Talking Points memo."

In reality, you have nothing on Trump at the IRS or anywhere else, because it was your side in control of both.

The Russia story is just as fraudulent as any of the rest of your party's bullshit - the hate hoaxes, the faux marriages, GloBULL warming etc...

Riiight. How much of it is considered a "large part"? 55%?

Calling the Democratic Party's partisan use of US intelligence "assets" to spy on the Trump campaign to help Hillary an "investigation" is clearly straight from your daily DNC "Talking Points memo."

In reality, you have nothing on Trump at the IRS or anywhere else, because it was your side in control of both.

The Russia story is just as fraudulent as any of the rest of your party's bullshit - the hate hoaxes, the faux marriages, GloBULL warming etc...

So how do you reconcile that it's fake AND Glynn took the 5th to avoid incriminating himself? Is Flynn faking too? All the Intel agencies don't know as much as you do from your dark basement keyboard?

Riiight. How much of it is considered a "large part"? 55%?
Whatever is based on innuendo and unsupported supposition instead of fact.

Of course, you do realize that the word "hype" conveys the idea of exaggeration and hyperbole, right?

Poor, poor RussianWrs...always the victims of the Democrats. If only they had control of any of the three branches of government........if only.....if only......

I can see that you are working very hard.....to convince yourself this is nothing.

I noticed on the cable news programs this morning, the lefts new spin. 'There probably isn't anything there, but he acted guilty!' 'If he had quit acting guilty, even though he probably isn't, we wouldn't be talking about now'.
Wow! They are burying themselves. Lol

Poor, poor RussianWrs...always the victims of the Democrats. If only they had control of any of the three branches of government........if only.....if only......
Good point. If you think the right wing has control of government, I have a rainbow farting unicorn for sale, cheap.

Trump is not a right winger, he's an ex-democrat leans to the right on some issues. The House and Senate Republicans are fossilized dinosaurs who prefer keeping the status quo (read their ability to enrich themselves) to enacting conservative ideals. They are in power now because they were less abhorrent then the alternative, but they're hardly right wing.

True right wingers would be advancing their agenda, not wasting time placating the opposition and trying to make themselves better liked.

Well, Trump didn't start obstructing justice until after he was elected. But it matters little at this point...the Federal Grand Jury has already issued subpoenas that Flynn has refused to hand over. Grand Juries only issue subpoenas if there is enough to justify probable cause.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that Trump doesn't last the year. He will most likely resign, Pence will pardon him, then Pence will resign, followed by Ryan (for the coming RICO case that is ensnaring the Republican Party) who will resign as well. The line of succession is going to go to Hatch, who said he's retiring after his current term. Tillerson and Mnuchin, the next in line, have clear Russia ties, and if Trump goes down, they go down with him. Mattis, Sessions, Zinke all have questionable ties as well, and a cascading investigation will take them out. Purdue will resign; he doesn't want to be President. Ross is a part of the Russia stuff too, having accounts with criminal Cyprus banks that deal with Russia. I guess that means Alex Acosta will be the President when all is said and done...unless he quits as well because of the Trump stink (after all, Trump picked him...why?). We actually could end up with President Ben Carson only because the guy is so clueless, it stretches the bounds of reason to think he has the mental capacity to be involved in a conspiracy.
I'll take that bet.

Forum List

Back