Boston black cops can't pass written test ... so they get "interviews" instead.

Same sort of issue as the New Haven firefighter case. Use of a biased written exam, then people complaining when the move to a more accurate system is made.

What was biased about the test? Please be specific.

Same sort of issue as the New Haven firefighter case. Use of a biased written exam, then people complaining when the move to a more accurate system is made.

I haven't looked at Boston's test specifically, but most of them are written in such a way that it requires insider knowledge of the test to do well (references to directional items that mean nothing in the context of the city in question). Look back at the New Haven firefighter case. While the court ruled in favor of the white firefighter who had been "discriminated" against, it was clear from the evidence that the written test had problems that made it biased against African-American candidates. It is hard to argue the test is racially neutral when other nearby jurisdictions used a different written test that resulted in the top scorers being spread across races in proportion to their percentages in the testing pool and that the scores on the oral portion of the exam were basically the same across all races.

I haven't looked at Boston's test specifically, but most of them are written in such a way that it requires insider knowledge of the test to do well (references to directional items that mean nothing in the context of the city in question). Look back at the New Haven firefighter case. While the court ruled in favor of the white firefighter who had been "discriminated" against, it was clear from the evidence that the written test had problems that made it biased against African-American candidates. It is hard to argue the test is racially neutral when other nearby jurisdictions used a different written test that resulted in the top scorers being spread across races in proportion to their percentages in the testing pool and that the scores on the oral portion of the exam were basically the same across all races.

If anything, the tests are biased against whites, in hope of raising Afro scores. Biasing tests in favor of Afros is standard practice. And, how is it that "insider knowledge" (WTF) on a test helps whites more than Afros?

Afros are dumb animals the world-around. So, they can't pass tests in other jurisdictions, either. If there's a difference with Boston, they're just not giving Afros "enough" free points ("race norming") on the tests. No one is asking for these tests from nearby jurisdictions be used in Boston too, because the test isn't the problem.

I do not think there was/is anything biased about any standardized test.
They are not a good indicator of performance in the field.
Standardized tests are for the government mandates of "fairness" and a "uniform" set of "standards" THEY believe what best makes a candidate qualified for promotion.
And us street guys know that is all bunk. The suits make the rules from their thrones and ivory towers and the standardized test is their baby.
Easy to shift blame and accountability with these tests.
"See, they scored low on the test"
Amazing how this goes 20 feet over the heads. WHOOOOOOOOOSH.

If anything, the tests are biased against whites, in hope of raising Afro scores. Biasing tests in favor of Afros is standard practice. And, how is it that "insider knowledge" (WTF) on a test helps whites more than Afros?

Afros are dumb animals the world-around. So, they can't pass tests in other jurisdictions, either. If there's a difference with Boston, they're just not giving Afros "enough" free points ("race norming") on the tests. No one is asking for these tests from nearby jurisdictions be used in Boston too, because the test isn't the problem.

So the tests are biased against whites because they are easy for the "Afros" to pass and thus harder for the whites is what youare saying.
Your mind is so blind you do not even know what you just posted.

No one is given free points on the test. The inside knowledge helps white candidates because they're the ones who know people who are already higher up in the chain of command who can pass information about the test along.

I do not think there was/is anything biased about any standardized test.
They are not a good indicator of performance in the field.
Standardized tests are for the government mandates of "fairness" and a "uniform" set of "standards" THEY believe what best makes a candidate qualified for promotion.
And us street guys know that is all bunk. The suits make the rules from their thrones and ivory towers and the standardized test is their baby.
Easy to shift blame and accountability with these tests.
"See, they scored low on the test"
Amazing how this goes 20 feet over the heads. WHOOOOOOOOOSH.

There are definitely problems with testing bias when the tests are ones of institutional knowledge that have no relationship to operations in the field.

Got that right. That's why the SAT test added that silly esay section 15 or so years ago. The test graders are suppoded to recongnize a black test taker by their grammar and grade them easier than the white boys. Can't do that with multiple question tests.

Please edit your previous post. I did not make the comment you are attributing to me.

Also, the multiple choice portions of the test are graded by machine. Even accepting the other parts of your (flawed) premise as valid, what you're suggesting isn't possible.

I said be specific. It's obvious you can't be and so you make up crap.

Also, the multiple choice portions of the test are graded by machine. Even accepting the other parts of your (flawed) premise as valid, what you're suggesting isn't possible.

You didn't understand a word i said. I realize the multiple question sections are graded by machine and that makes it tough to "help" the blacks. But the essay section is graded by people making judgement calls and they are encouraged to give blacks better scores than they deserve.

I was specific. For all the ranting about how dumb black people are, it's humorous that you're unable to read.

So the tests are biased against whites because they are easy for the "Afros" to pass and thus harder for the whites is what youare saying.
Your mind is so blind you do not even know what you just posted.

Where the do you get me saying these tests are easy for those dumb animals, Afros? I said the tests are biased against whites, as a desperate attempt to help close the racial gap, shithead. Not that it works.

"Afros are dumb animals the world-around. So, they can't pass tests in other jurisdictions, either." Learn to read, you dumb animal.

You have no credibility with your claim that blacks achieved proportional parity with whites on a test of reasoning, math and literacy skills. Because of genetics, this isn't possible. There are either some facts you are leaving out or you are simply making this up out of whole cloth. Why don't you provide a link to your source for this information.

Got that right. That's why the SAT test added that silly essay section 15 or so years ago. The test graders are supposed to recognize a black test taker by their grammar and grade them easier than the white boys. Can't do that with multiple question tests.

Also, all the questions that Afros do exceptionally poorly with are excluded from the SAT. Afros, in general, simply cannot do well on any test above the 8th-grade level.

No qualifications are needed......................Only racial diversity.............

Thats what makes an effective civil servant workforce...........lol

Also, all the questions that Afros do exceptionally poorly with are excluded from the SAT. Afros, in general, simply cannot do well on any test above the 8th-grade level.

Average black african IQ is 68. American blacks are higher due to inbreeding with whites. That may change though as our govt encourages stupid black females to have lots of kids - i'm talking about our welfare system.

Average black african IQ is 68. American blacks are higher due to inbreeding with whites. That may change though as our govt encourages stupid black females to have lots of kids - i'm talking about our welfare system.

Yes, American Afros have higher IQ due to inbreeding. But, there is some environmental factor. American Afros are exposed to relatively smart white thinking every day. We spend over $200,000 per Afro trying to instill some education/intelligence into them.

Conversely, whatever the environmental element of IQ, white IQ is pulled down by exposure to Afros and this Politically Correct society. When public schools were integrated, SAT scores dropped like a rock.

SAT scores
year math verbal
1962 495 474
1972 484 453
1982 467 426

Otherwise, there's a general historical trend in better SAT performance as education funding increases and the education process itself becomes more sophisticated.

Forum List

Back