Border chief says Wall is a waste of money .

I think a wall is a waste as far as curbing illegals. If we took away their incentive, we wouldn't have to worry about it. A lot of illegals come in legally, anyways.
No need for more band aids when the solution is biting you in the ass.

I'm on board with controlling illegals . The real bottleneck is the immigration processing . It can take years just to have a hearing .
yes. I think that needs to reformed. Of course, one can argue about it being a "come and go" kind of thing. Like being able to stop it if necessary or something.

I believe the wall just got 10 feet higher.

It will be legendary. A monument for the new dawn.

I'm sure they can find a couple Democrat border patrol officials to oppose Trump's plans. But Trump's got it right. It's time to secure our border and end Illegal Immigration. And i don't care how much it costs.

Our Government has spent several $Trillions on things i never supported. So many have gotten what they wanted. And now it's my turn. I want border security now. I want my Government to spend whatever it takes to get that done. It's time for me to get what i want for once. Do it now President Trump!

He's retiring and no longer has to play politics .

He's right . If you really want to control illegal immigration the money is better spent on more Ice agents or more immigration courts and judges .

Retiring Border Chief Calls Trump's Wall a Waste of Time, Money
why spend all that money on agents and judges when the leadership of major cities will not cooperate?

We need to secure our border.

What does that do for illegals who are not south border jumpers ? Something like 40% of illegals come in legally.

And cities are fine wh busting dangerous illegals . They don't want to round up people caught on minor shit .

If 40% of illegals come here legally, they would be the 40% legals. You make no sense.
And all cities aren't fine with busting dangerous illegals. If they were, Americans would not be killed on our own soil by dangerous illegals.
^ This is what happens when our immigration laws stop being enforced.

That wall will save us billions
Building, maintaining, and manning the wall will cost billions upon billions over the decades

Yes, let's talk about some of the costs normally not considered.

1. No roads. Many of these areas have no roads whatsoever. That would mean roads would need to be built just to get equipment and supplies into the area.

2. No nearby communities where the wall is being built. That would mean that workers would have to be brought in to temporarily live in the areas where the wall is being built, plus we would have to provide housing, showering facilities, heat and AC, food and food preparation, etc.

3. No nearby stores. Because of this, all supplies would have to be shipped in, including fuel, fuel for generating electricity, water, refrigeration units, heavy equipment, concrete, sand, rocks, wood, bricks, rebar, and on and on.

4. Since this would be a work area without any kind of a typical support network, there would also need to be medical personnel of some kind and people to work as a small police force for security.

He's right . If you really want to control illegal immigration the money is better spent on more Ice agents or more immigration courts and judges .

BS from every direction. Walls are necessary where there's limited space/exposure from either side. All else can be secured using electrics, satellite, helicopters, dogs, shot guns, and most of all enforcement. People are pretty fucking stupid from both sides. Especially liberals of course, but that's to be expected.

Of course it is. Like everything else trump has said, it's red meat for the racists and xenophobes. Gotta hand it to him, it was a smart move. It won the rust belt's angry, white alcoholic crowd. Ironically the people farthest from the border.

Border chief says Wall is a waste of money .

exactly why 43 gave up after spending a billion bucks .. now its Trumps turn to fuck up .. x 50.

Of course it is. Like everything else trump has said, it's red meat for the racists and xenophobes. Gotta hand it to him, it was a smart move. It won the rust belt's angry, white alcoholic crowd. Ironically the people farthest from the border.

Yes, you did come right out, you called that one

He was appointed by Obama and the border has been a sieve so sounds like he was a waste of money.
- The number of undocumented aliens in the US stopped growing under Obama's administration and has remained relatively constant - something that hasn't been the case in the USA since modern immigration law.

- nearly half those here without documentation came here LEGALLY. And, that means that a PERFECT wall would not have stopped them.

There are too many reasons that spending tens of billions on a wall is just stupid.

He was appointed by Obama and the border has been a sieve so sounds like he was a waste of money.
- The number of undocumented aliens in the US stopped growing under Obama's administration and has remained relatively constant - something that hasn't been the case in the USA since modern immigration law.

- nearly half those here without documentation came here LEGALLY. And, that means that a PERFECT wall would not have stopped them.

There are too many reasons that spending tens of billions on a wall is just stupid.
There are too many reasons, literally millions, to build a wall. Shoulda been done long ago

Forum List

Back