Booster shots will not help much, getting the unvaccinated, vaccinated ...will help!

This is an extremely in depth article I just found, that explains why, mathematically tied to science, booster shots won't help in slowing the spread of covid and will not lower hospital beds in use for covid.

It's really worth reading.

Basically, the rate of infection spread of covid can not be reduced enough by giving the vaccinated a 95%+ protection rate with a booster shot, instead of the 83% protection it is running now with Delta....

Vs. Getting 25% more of the unvaccinated, vaccinated, with the 83% protection....which will reduce infection spread and hospitals capping out with patients.

The focus has to be on getting more of the unvaccinated, vaccinated...so we all can have a near normal, lifestyle again and be able to live with covid.

(those who already have had covid don't count... they have some protection like the vaccinated.... It's getting those with no protection at all, vaccinated, that will help the most, to bring us to some resemblance of normal.)

It's fine to get a booster, it just won't help society on the whole, enough.

Please read the article, and go through the whole exercise.

I'm heading to the sack, will respond tomorrow!
You do not differentiate between those who had the virus and those who didn’t? Why?

Gee doc, if I get the vaccine will I be immune? Doc--maybe yes, maybe no. Me--Will I be able to spread it? Doc--maybe yes, maybe no. Me--Hey Doc, I got it and was not hospitalized, nor medicated and I have the immunities from natural anti-bodies, why would I get an experimental, ineffective, unproven vaccine? Doc---?????
:lol:

Read the article, don't be lazy!

Huh...?
Nope, never said 99% of Floridians are unvaccinated, or 99% of infections are being spread by the unvaccinated???

Some of the vaccinated, those who do get infected, are spreading infection just as fast and to as many people as the unvaccinated....!!!

The problem of hospitals at the brink of collapse due to overload of the very sick, cant be solved with booster shots to those who already are unlikely to be hospitalized....

It may reduce a few more vaccinated already, from being hospitalized.... Which won't reduce hospitalizations enough to bring the hospitals overwhelmed, under control.

The premise of the article, is that it would take more of the unvaccinated, getting vaccinated, to reduce hospitalizations. Please read the full article.
There are no hospitals on the verge of collapse due to COVID.
Hospitals, as you well know, are businesses, so they are using the variant as an excuse to bill at COVID rates for people who don't need to be in the hospital.
This is what happens when the wealthy who own the hospitals contribute to the campaigns of politicians.

"You normal people wouldn't accept our delusional conspiracy theories, so you're to blame for us not getting vaccinated!".

Trump cultists are just pathologically incapable of taking responsibility for their own decisions. In their minds, the awful liberals always somehow made them do whatever stupid thing they just did.

On the bright side, at least they're admitting they should be taking the vaccine, so that's progress.

And no, I don't care if I just triggered a snowflake into rejecting the vaccine. If someone is that delicate, they're incapable of surviving in the modern world, and something other than COVID would kill them soon anyways, so it makes no difference.
The narrative that it’s Trump supporters driving the vaccination rate is ridiculous. Black people, Hispanics and the youth are the primary drivers of the vaccination rate staying where its at. Most not all but the vast majority aren’t refusing to get vax’d for political reasons.

There are no hospitals on the verge of collapse due to COVID.
Hospitals, as you well know, are businesses, so they are using the variant as an excuse to bill at COVID rates for people who don't need to be in the hospital.
This is what happens when the wealthy who own the hospitals contribute to the campaigns of politicians.
Get your head out of the hole in the ground you are resting it in!!!.:beer:

Get your head out of the hole in the ground you are resting it in!!!.:beer:
He’s not wrong. Hospitals done have huge ICU wings. And they make them just large enough that they are mostly full most of the time. ICU’s are expensive to maintain and you dont make money from empty beds.

?? Your title implies the vaccinated are more protected. That simply isn’t true. I had the virus and I ll gladly put my immunity against those who only got the vaccine. You?
My title implies nothing of the sort! Stop snowflaking! We all know your antibody level! :)

That's funny. I don't remember mentioning Democrats, Republicans, or Silly Walks Party.

You didn't have to. I know your politics and that's where youre coming from.
You been sprung and you didn't like it.
Get over it.

He’s not wrong. Hospitals done have huge ICU wings. And they make them just large enough that they are mostly full most of the time. ICU’s are expensive to maintain and you dont make money from empty beds.
Sure, they are doing such...making beds in other areas for new admissions with covid...like one hospital is using their cafeteria.... It's doctors and nurses and respiratory therapists they are short on....hospitals make much more money off of other patients and surgeries and medical care, than with the intensive care needed and given to covid patients.... Elective surgeries are lucrative, when hospitals have to cut them off, they LOSE MONEY.... The itty bitty more money they get as reimbursement for a covid patient stay, who needs 24/7 intensive care in a room by themselves, and all the protective gear needed, knocking the elective surgery off the schedule, is a money losing situation.

A covid patient costs more, so OF COURSE the hospitals should be reimbursed more for solitary rooms, in medical equipment, in medical technologists and respiratory therapists and nurses time etc!

Who said anything about the world, and where are you even getting the 4 million figure from?
there is no evidence that 600 thousand Americans died either. And for claiming you know anything about the subject being discussed you don't know where the 4 million comes from? REALLY? Again for the slow and stupid... deaths world wide are the same with average yearly growth for 2020 and 2021. No bump no surge no large increase.

there is no evidence that 600 thousand Americans died either. And for claiming you know anything about the subject being discussed you don't know where the 4 million comes from? REALLY? Again for the slow and stupid... deaths world wide are the same with average yearly growth for 2020 and 2021. No bump no surge no large increase.
Yet you are denying that the USA had an increase in yearly deaths that are 500,000 in excess over 2019?

Where are your figures for the USA SARG that supports your statement??

1630057835878.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back