Booster shots will not help much, getting the unvaccinated, vaccinated ...will help!

In AUGUST when I wrote this, the Delta variant was going around, the vaccines were protecting us vaccinated from severe illness, those unvaccinated, were dying in droves....

Shots have waned more since then, and we have a new variant coma ng our way, that we know little about, get your booster!
Doubtful, they article you linked didn't exactly endorse getting the booster, it is more concerned about spreading, which it does with or without the shot or booster. I also am hearing the new variant, which seems to have come from a vaccinated individual, is resistant to the vaccine, so I am not seeing the booster as a good idea. I also never have had a flu shot, not seeing the advantage in my world.

In AUGUST when I wrote this, the Delta variant was going around, the vaccines were protecting us vaccinated from severe illness, those unvaccinated, were dying in droves....

Shots have waned more since then, and we have a new variant coma ng our way, that we know little about, get your booster!

Bad advice.
Since the boosters do nothing for immunity memory, and instead only promote a short span of antibody production stimulation, it is much more effective to wait until you test positive, before taking the booster.

The booster is a treatment, not a preventative.

This is an extremely in depth article I just found, that explains why, mathematically tied to science, booster shots won't help in slowing the spread of covid and will not lower hospital beds in use for covid.

It's really worth reading.

Basically, the rate of infection spread of covid can not be reduced enough by giving the vaccinated a 95%+ protection rate with a booster shot, instead of the 83% protection it is running now with Delta....

Vs. Getting 25% more of the unvaccinated, vaccinated, with the 83% protection....which will reduce infection spread and hospitals capping out with patients.

The focus has to be on getting more of the unvaccinated, vaccinated...so we all can have a near normal, lifestyle again and be able to live with covid.

(those who already have had covid don't count... they have some protection like the vaccinated.... It's getting those with no protection at all, vaccinated, that will help the most, to bring us to some resemblance of normal.)

It's fine to get a booster, it just won't help society on the whole, enough.

Please read the article, and go through the whole exercise.

I'm heading to the sack, will respond tomorrow!

Bonzi and I had Covid last November, and got vaccinated even though I thought it was useless when we were already immune.
I will not get any boosters. Absolutely not. Enough is enough. As I said over a year ago, this virus is never going away. But, like most viruses, eventually it mutates itself in a favorable way. Meaning, a strain that is less dangerous, but still makes you immune if you get it.
And by early reports, that is exactly what the omicron variant is. A strain that is more contagious, but with far less symptoms. This is better than any booster shot if it turns out to be true.

The mRNA vaccines has shown great benefit and has prevented hundreds of thousands of people from dying..... Why ignore the unvaccinated dying in droves with Delta, while the vaccinated not?

The infection rate between vaccinated and unvaccinated is the same, and since the boosters only stimulate antibody production and are just a treatment, don't waste them by taking them ahead of time, when you are not even infected and do not yet need antibodies.
Save the vax antibody production for AFTER you are for sure infected, when these vax antibodies can then do the most good.

And no, no one is dying in droves from covid.
Of under 40, I would not be concerned with covid at all.

The mRNA vaccines has shown great benefit and has prevented hundreds of thousands of people from dying
There is NO proof that the jab has saved one life. The CDC has taken any credibility out of any report when they politicized this farce. The fatality numbers have been falsified since the beginning. See ya' on the other side mutant.

LOL less then 1 percent die whether vaccinated or not
Hundreds of thousands of people died from the Delta covid variant in four to five months this summer and Fall, and most all of them were the unvaccinated, and few deaths were vaccinated people. The covid shots worked on saving lives. In August, the unvaccinated for covid deaths were 11 times greater than those of the vaccinated....

The vaccines worked in saving lives....

Now the protection is waning, get your booster, asap Sgt!

Doubtful, they article you linked didn't exactly endorse getting the booster, it is more concerned about spreading, which it does with or without the shot or booster. I also am hearing the new variant, which seems to have come from a vaccinated individual, is resistant to the vaccine, so I am not seeing the booster as a good idea. I also never have had a flu shot, not seeing the advantage in my world.
The variant didn't come from a vaccinated person, nip that in the bud now, just another right wing twist and turn lie gone viral....

We get infected with Delta, but not with the original Alpha or Beta strains when vaccinated, and now the Big O we do catch it, but we don't know on protection for O yet, as far as death....heard they are working already on tweaking the vaccines for O variant, specifically....but could take months for trial efficacy results.

If you have no medical or age conditions for being at risk, and no one in your family does either, then wait if that's what you want, even though the recommendation is not to wait if after 6 months for last one....

Hundreds of thousands of people died from the Delta covid variant in four to five months this summer and Fall, and most all of them were the unvaccinated, and few deaths were vaccinated people. The covid shots worked on saving lives. In August, the unvaccinated for covid deaths were 11 times greater than those of the vaccinated....

still the fact is less then 1 percent die. even the CDC admits it.

In the states hundreds of thousands did not die this summer.

The variant didn't come from a vaccinated person, nip that in the bud now, just another right wing twist and turn lie gone viral....

We get infected with Delta, but not with the original Alpha or Beta strains when vaccinated, and now the Big O we do catch it, but we don't know on protection for O yet, as far as death....heard they are working already on tweaking the vaccines for O variant, specifically....but could take months for trial efficacy results.

If you have no medical or age conditions for being at risk, and no one in your family does either, then wait if that's what you want, even though the recommendation is not to wait if after 6 months for last one....
I'm going to do what I want and won't get the booster, it seems to be a big nothing in the Covid battle.

P

Patient zero for new stain was in fact a vaccinated person, you are spreading lies.

P

Patient zero for new stain was in fact a vaccinated person, you are spreading lies.
No, I'm not spreading lies. The variant wasn't created in the vaccinated patient zero, when he went to south Africa he was negative, the second or third day after he returned from south africa and was in quarantine, he tested positive. He was vaccinated, but he caught it while in south africa, it was created in africa, where the super majority of people are NOT vaccinated.

Forum List

Back