Boomer: Get your wife a C Section so you don't miss a game

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Outrage over Boomer Esiason's C-section before season starts idea - CNN.com

Did he really suggest that New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy should have encouraged his wife to have a C-section, which is major surgery, so that he wouldn't have to miss Opening Day?

Murphy's wife went into labor so he flew to be with her, missing the season's first two games. Major League Baseball allows a player to miss up to three games for paternity leave.

During a conversation on his radio show with co-host Craig Carton, Esiason, a father of two, said he would never have done what Murphy did.

"Quite frankly, I would have said C-section before the season starts," said Esiason. "I need to be at Opening Day. I'm sorry. This is what makes our money. This is how we're going to live our life. This is going to give my child every opportunity to be a success in life. I'll be able to afford any college I want to send my kid to because I'm a baseball player."

Last edited:
WOW. Boomer needs to undergo a REALITY CHECK.
It's funny, just yesterday I watched some old Cleveland Browns highlights from their 1980s Bernie Kosar days, and the video showed a Browns-Bengals game where Boomer Esiason went back for a pass and got literally swallowed up by the Browns defense.
I wonder if Boomer suffered a very serious CONCUSSION on that play. He's got several screws loose.

I don't care how much money that guy makes - I wouldn't be married to him on a bet. He makes a good example of someone who cares only for himself and his money.

It's funny, just yesterday I watched some old Cleveland Browns highlights from their 1980s Bernie Kosar days, and the video showed a Browns-Bengals game where Boomer Esiason went back for a pass and got literally swallowed up by the Browns defense.
I wonder if Boomer suffered a very serious CONCUSSION on that play. He's got several screws loose.

At a certain point, sports commentators need to understand that it is just a game, a form of entertainment.

The birth of someones first child is more important than playing a game. There are always other games but you only have so many children

At a certain point, sports commentators need to understand that it is just a game, a form of entertainment.

The birth of someones first child is more important than playing a game. There are always other games but you only have so many children

That's the problem with you liberals. You view employment as a game when it's a contract between you and your employer.

Boomer is an honorable man who lives up to the contracts he makes.

That's the problem with you liberals. You view employment as a game when it's a contract between you and your employer.

Baseball is a game. It is not life or death
People buy tickets to be entertained. The contract allows time off for the birth of a child

Cops have life or death jobs, so do doctors, firefighters and ambulance drivers

They all take off from work for a first born child

Did he really suggest that New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy should have encouraged his wife to have a C-section, which is major surgery, so that he wouldn't have to miss Opening Day?

Murphy's wife went into labor so he flew to be with her, missing the season's first two games. Major League Baseball allows a player to miss up to three games for paternity leave.

During a conversation on his radio show with co-host Craig Carton, Esiason, a father of two, said he would never have done what Murphy did.

"Quite frankly, I would have said C-section before the season starts," said Esiason. "I need to be at Opening Day. I'm sorry. This is what makes our money. This is how we're going to live our life. This is going to give my child every opportunity to be a success in life. I'll be able to afford any college I want to send my kid to because I'm a baseball player."

Says the moron who has never had a c-section.

:cuckoo:

I heard about this today on the radio...apparently (and rightfully so) Boomer's getting some serious backlash on this.

I can see if he missed game 7 of the World Series. But to miss the first game of a season where the Mets are going to lose 90 games is not even close to important

OK, how is one NOT living up to their contract if the contract says they are allowed such maternity leave?

Is it even ethical for a Doctor to perform a C Section so the husband can play baseball?

I wonder if he physically reached out and tried to catch the words as they came out of his mouth so he could stuff them back in?

I guess when you make your living talking you are bound to say something stupid once in a while, but damn, Boomer.

Boomer said something in the heat of the moment that now sounds clueless.

But the values he was trying to support of earning a living and taking care of his kids are admirable.

I'd cut him some slack.

Is it even ethical for a Doctor to perform a C Section so the husband can play baseball?

No, and he could have his medical license pulled for performing an unnecessary procedure that carries the risk of death for mother, child, or both. But he won't, because it happens everyday all over the country for reasons even less pressing (if you can imagine) than a pro baseball game.

OK, how is one NOT living up to their contract if the contract says they are allowed such maternity leave?

His contract says he could take three days off, but he only took two. He wasn't 'milking' it (so to speak).

Forum List

Back